GIRLS UNDER 5' 4" with less than 30 lbs to loose!

Options

Replies

• yvbfit1
    yvbfit1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 5 ft. 3 in. and currently 144 ( was 145, but lost pound after 4 days...yeah!). My goals are to lose 25 lbs and be more toned.

8462463.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Any of u guys eating ur exercise calories?
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm eating most of my exercise cals.
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow....petite is in! Can't believe how many of us shorties are out there and with the same struggle! I am 5'3". And currently weigh about 124. Started out around 131 and would love to see 120 or maybe back to where I was when I got pregnant with my baby.....18 yrs ago about 118 pounds! I would love to join and share some support and encouragement! I will try to friend as many of you as I can and feel free to send me a request!
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2, so short! I am currently about 141 pounds. I was 120 last year and I would like to get back to that. I feel as though my boyfriend leaving two months for Mexico made me into an emotional eater. I am trying to do better with the eating, but I usually try to work out as much as I can so I can eat some more. Or if I eat more I try to work it all off.

I am currently trying to do Zumba Tuesday and Thursday, and weight lifting on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I am really hoping that I can make a lifestyle change, because before I was use to a high metabolism.

Anyone else have a high metabolism and all of sudden woke up and was like "wait this isn't my body!"
  • caexi
    caexi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join :). I just joined the forum and saw this PERFECT POST :). I've been using Myfitnesspal on my phone for about 10 days now, and the app is great, but I was just thinking it would be nice to get some extra motivation.

My original goal was to lose 20 pounds, but I'm upping it to 30 just to keep my exercise habits up (and hoping that they will become something more permanent than a weight-loss regimen). I'm 5'2" and started at about 150. I've lost 7 within about 1 month, but throughout the last week I've started to plateau at around 143.

I know it wont be until after the summer is over, but I'd like to feel somewhat comfortable in a bathing suit again!
  • gnat45
    Options
    It's exciting that there are so many of us 5'2"/5'3" gals weighing 140-150.
  • caexi
    caexi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's exciting that there are so many of us 5'2"/5'3" gals weighing 140-150.

Gnat, we're pretty much in the exact same spot. It's such an odd place to be at too because it teeters right at the Healthy/Overweight mark.

Some days in I can look in the mirror and feel like things are okay, but then I step onto the Wii Fit and it (ever so lovingly) tells me I'm overweight. I'm excited for her to one day tell me I've actually hit the healthy BMI range, and even more excited to hopefully land somewhere in the middle of that scale.
  • coolsmartygirl
    Options
    Anyone is free to ADD me, I am trying to stay on here often. Trying to keep this up and not just be one of my "flings".

GRR. I love tacos and pizza. I tried to limit myself to two tacos, [small corn tortillas], then I said Ohhh I want one more. My boyfriend says "go heat up four more shells" I say, why you eating four more? He said no you wanted to have another one remember? So I ate another one. I feel like running around my apartment right now. Keeping to 1210 calories is hard when I have a day at home.

Again; 5 foot 2, 145 pounds currently would like to be at 120
  • gnat45
    Options
    Anyone is free to ADD me, I am trying to stay on here often. Trying to keep this up and not just be one of my "flings".

GRR. I love tacos and pizza. I tried to limit myself to two tacos, [small corn tortillas], then I said Ohhh I want one more. My boyfriend says "go heat up four more shells" I say, why you eating four more? He said no you wanted to have another one remember? So I ate another one. I feel like running around my apartment right now. Keeping to 1210 calories is hard when I have a day at home.

I get 1330 cals allowed, and I have exercise cals on top of that. Are you exercising?

I have lots of weaknesses from ice cream to bread to pasta to cookies!
  • coolsmartygirl
    Options

I get 1330 cals allowed, and I have exercise cals on top of that. Are you exercising?

I have lots of weaknesses from ice cream to bread to pasta to cookies!

Oh yeah, I sometimes exercise to get rid of the food I ate. I try to work out five days a week. So far two out of three, I didn't work out today.
  • gnat45
    Options
    I would much rather workout more than eat less.
  • katohki
    katohki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you girls! I'm 5'3" and looking to lose 25-30 lbs. I would love the extra motivation! It's tough being little! :)
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Been on plateau for about a month , started eating my exercise calories, to see if it helps the scale budge, hope i see movement :sad:
  • coolsmartygirl
    Options
    I would much rather workout more than eat less.

same! I enjoy eating. It is so much easier to stay within my limits when I am at work. Which is good since I've got two jobs and only one day off!
  • gnat45
    Options
    Your plateau could also be because you don't have much to lose, Cookie.
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm aiming to lose 30 pounds by my birthday in October.
  • MrsSchmidty7
    MrsSchmidty7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Girls, keep in mind that what you eat is just as importiant as working out! I'm only writting this because I need to hear it. Bleh
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    5'2 and would like to lose these last 10lbs but they just wont budge!!!
    not sure how you add me to the group but im in ;0) feel free to add me xx
  • Chrasschick
    Chrasschick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ordered it last week, scared and excited, apparently you learn to love to hate Jillian!!! Hope to the shred on Monday!!