Young Working Women (career, not corner) *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Well of course there is no punishment for not eating a melon haha. I think having them specific is a bit more challenging and I like to keep myself challenged as well. Try and eat some melons at your family's! That will be good enough- and if not, meh- no big deal!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    LOL - hopefully the hotel will have some in the mornings!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was on the Ortho Evra birth control patch until earlier this month, which I started last August. I think it was probably definitely responsible for the last 4-5 lbs at my heaviest weight, but not all. I just switched to Desogen, this month, so I don't really know what the difference will be yet...I'm on week 3 with placebo next week. I am super, by the clock regular, exactly 4 weeks, every month. I have even been known to make roommates, coworkers, etc's periods to come early. Hormonally, an alpha female. HAHA. So, my own personal hunch is that the birth control doesn't affect my weight too much...because my body obviously does what it wants.

I have to bow out of melon challnege this week to,.. I won't be grocery shopping AT all before my move from San Antonio to Houston in two weeks.
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Challenge is good. My FM is on Sats as well, and I can't wait to storm the castle! I like that it's any kind of melon - the canteloupe and honeydew aren't my thing, but I can do a watermelon, no prob. Thanks for the challenges, Cristina!
  • dervlaland
    dervlaland Posts: 19
    Options
    My weight is 126, ie the same!! Ugh! haha I messed up two days last week!! Theres a farmers market where i work every tuesday! Thats very handy for me!! :)
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I may have to source my melon from an alternative supplier! Not sure that farmers markets are very common in the UK but am happy to keep in with the spirit of the challenge and buy a melon from the market in the city and carry it home on the train! Will that be ok? ;)
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    Hahaha Gayle, I just laughed out loud. That sounds perfectly acceptable to me! :)
  • lficken
    lficken Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Is there a way I can join this group?
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! As of last night, I'm still at 160 :grumble: But I'm still workin' on it!

This morning I resisted temptation to get a breakfast taco (we order them almost every morning). Baby steps lol.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This morning I resisted temptation to get a breakfast taco (we order them almost every morning). Baby steps lol.

I hear 'ya - I live in Breakfast Tacoland, USA. They're actually not that bad if you get the right stuff in them -- Especially tacos with eggs--you get your protein fix for the morning, plus a few carbs from the tortilla. I am a whole-egg eater, anyhow because eggwhites are like eating air to me. I also need the carb fix in the morning otherwise I am too hungry and too tempted. You can't go wrong with a small potato and egg taco. Maybe even a little cheese if you're a good girl! Check my diary--you'll see that as a common breakfast item when I don't have a zone bar.

If you're not convinced, you definitely CAN lighten them up with corn instead of flour tortillas and use eggwhites or turkey sasuage, or maybe just pico de gallo and a little avocado.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Ok ladies: we are moving forward and here is the starting line up! (If I missed your starting weight check in, let me know. I am a skimmer.. so I tend to skip over info haha)
    Cristina (me) 156.2
    Charlotte: 157.2
    Danella: (last chance!)
    Kaitlyn: (last chance!)
    Laura: 144.6 (gah- what I wouldn't give to be that weight right now! Lol)
    Amber: 146
    Keshia: 235.7
    Casey: 133.3 (wait- what I wouldn't give to be YOUR weight right now :)
    Angela: 152.8
    Amber M: 142
    Katie: 162
    Katt: 130
    Gayle: 190.75
    Morgan: 141.4
    Dervla: 126
    Sally: 128
    nyctraveler: 161 (I missed your name?!)
    purplerose: 210.5 (missed your name too!)
    Nena: 160

Yay! I hope you are all getting your mountain climbers in! I got up and worked out at 6am yesterday, and woke up to do the same today but decided to switch to evening workouts on T/TH to give my body a little rest. Plus, if I workout out in the morning, I am SUPER bored at night. Summer TV sucks haha! Then I just want to sit around and snack which is no bueno.

I don't think I could live in Breakfast Tacoland, but I sure could live in Regular Tacoland, or Chips and Quesoland! Yum!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    My name is Allison. :blushing:
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    Someone sent me this morning and I thought y'all would all enjoy it since this is a women's only group:

WHY MEN ARE NEVER DEPRESSED:

Men Are Just Happier People --
    What do you expect from such simple creatures?
    Your last name stays put.
    The garage is all yours.
    Wedding plans take care of themselves.
    Chocolate is just another snack.
    You can be President.
    You can never be pregnant.
    You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
    You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
    Car mechanics tell you the truth.
    The world is your urinal.
    You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky.
    You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
    Same work, more pay.
    Wrinkles add character.
    Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100.
    People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
    New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
    One mood all the time.
    Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
    You know stuff about tanks.
    A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
    You can open all your own jars.
    You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
    If someone forgets to invite you,
    He or she can still be your friend.
    Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
    Three pairs of shoes are more than enough..
    You almost never have strap problems in public.
    You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes..
    Everything on your face stays its original color.
    The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
    You only have to shave your face and neck.
    You can play with toys all your life.
    One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons.
    You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
    You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife.
    You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
    You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives --
    on December 24 in 25 minutes.
    No wonder men are happier.
    Send this to the women who can handle it
    And to the men who will enjoy reading it.

NICKNAMES
    • If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.
    • If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Bubba and Wildman .

EATING OUT
    • When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
    • When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY
    • A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
    • A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

BATHROOMS
    • A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.
    • The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.

ARGUMENTS
    • A woman has the last word in any argument.
    • Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

FUTURE
    • A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
    • A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

SUCCESS
    • A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
    • A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

MARRIAGE
    • A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
    • A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.

DRESSING UP
    • A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.
    • A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.

NATURAL
    • Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
    • Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

OFFSPRING
    • Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favorite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.
    • A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bahaha AmderM that just made my morning! Must forward to my bf its all so true...

On another note my sholders are killing from the mountain climbers yesterday, I think somone needs to lift weights a little more often :ohwell: Looking forward to punishing them some more!
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love that! I am going to send it to my bf. I might bold the points about the arguments :)

And yes, I did my mountain climbers yesterday. Can anyone seriously do them for 5 minutes straight?! It probably took me 10 minutes to do 5 minutes worth. Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I hear 'ya - I live in Breakfast Tacoland, USA. They're actually not that bad if you get the right stuff in them -- Especially tacos with eggs--you get your protein fix for the morning, plus a few carbs from the tortilla. I am a whole-egg eater, anyhow because eggwhites are like eating air to me. I also need the carb fix in the morning otherwise I am too hungry and too tempted. You can't go wrong with a small potato and egg taco. Maybe even a little cheese if you're a good girl! Check my diary--you'll see that as a common breakfast item when I don't have a zone bar.

If you're not convinced, you definitely CAN lighten them up with corn instead of flour tortillas and use eggwhites or turkey sasuage, or maybe just pico de gallo and a little avocado.

Hah! Breakfast Taco Land, I'm right there with ya! I like to call this horrible place I live Little Mexico formally known as Be(EVIL)le because, well, it's like Mexico! I ended up here for work and miss my home town like crazy. Hopefully I'll find my wa back home :)

As for the tacos, I either get ham and egg or potato and egg and just lighten up the rest of the day. Today though I REALLY wanted the Smart Ones Ham Egg Cheese and Canadian Bacon English Muffin I brought :tongue:
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    I love this group. You guys are the best. :)
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Hey Ladies, so I sprained my ankle yesterday during step class :sad: ...I'm hoping this wont throw me off my game too much...if anyone has suggestions for a workout while my ankle recovers please message me! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! So this morning I finished Day 30 of the 30 Day Shred! I am so excited! Mostly because I don't have to walk up extra early anymore :)

Anyway, I know a few of you have just started/are thinking about starting the 30 DS so I thought I would share my final results. I lost a total of 8.8 lbs (163.8 to 155) and 6.5 inches. Not so bad! I'm looking forward to starting Ripped in 30 soon.

@twistyBee...sorry to hear about your ankle! My roommate had bad knees and she loves cycling because it is pretty low impact. Also, maybe you can adjust your calories a little to -.5 a week or even maintenance until you are feeling better so you have some more calories and aren't worrying about going over. I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Hey girls! So this morning I finished Day 30 of the 30 Day Shred! I am so excited! Mostly because I don't have to walk up extra early anymore :)

Anyway, I know a few of you have just started/are thinking about starting the 30 DS so I thought I would share my final results. I lost a total of 8.8 lbs (163.8 to 155) and 6.5 inches. Not so bad! I'm looking forward to starting Ripped in 30 soon.

@twistyBee...sorry to hear about your ankle! My roommate had bad knees and she loves cycling because it is pretty low impact. Also, maybe you can adjust your calories a little to -.5 a week or even maintenance until you are feeling better so you have some more calories and aren't worrying about going over. I hope you feel better soon!!

Thanks for sharing- those are great results! I'm thinking of doing 30 DS, but I've got over two months left on my bootcamp class. Maybe I could do both....hmmm