Young Working Women (career, not corner) *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• danellajade
    Options
    consider getting non hormonal birth control for example I have an IUD which is a copper *rod* for lack of a better term that sits in your cervix, it can be put in at the doctors. you may have to ask though, doctors do like prescribing pills though - however I would strongly recommend staying off the pill! if you want more info send me a message and i'll give you a little in depth on the contraceptive pill.
    xx d
  • danellajade
    Options
    oh this post was for about three pages back (sorry) um cant even think who was asking about birth control now.....
  • danellajade
    Options
    hi all sorry ive been working like crazy before holidays and not had my laptop to get on. excuses excuses but i work as a flight attendant so ive been a bit all over the place - im now in Tunisia for a week and don't have scales so i'll post my last weigh in which was 132lbs And for melon I did have farmers market melon but I didn't go myself to get it *blush* anyway i'll try to keep up from now on :)
  • danellajade
    Options
    hi all sorry ive been working like crazy before holidays and not had my laptop to get on. excuses excuses but i work as a flight attendant so ive been a bit all over the place - im now in Tunisia for a week and don't have scales so i'll post my last weigh in which was 132lbs And for melon I did have farmers market melon but I didn't go myself to get it *blush* anyway i'll try to keep up from now on :)
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    thanks Casey! I just picked it up last night, I'm so excited to start! How long is it, 20 minutes? I guess I could make that work in the morning hahaha.

BTW, does anyone else know if you can suscribe to certain threads? I think I've seen other people post that you cant (not yet anyway!)....Obviously I don't want a notification whenever anyone comments on something i've also commented on, but for this thread I would! haha is that weird? am I becoming too obsessed with this?
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Also, I actually like Jillian, and would rather she get all up in the camera's face and yell, BL-style. I like Jill when she yells. Makes me feel like I can do it. :) Ah well, to each their own, and that.

I think I would really enjoy that as well!!! :laugh:
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    thanks Casey! I just picked it up last night, I'm so excited to start! How long is it, 20 minutes? I guess I could make that work in the morning hahaha.

BTW, does anyone else know if you can suscribe to certain threads? I think I've seen other people post that you cant (not yet anyway!)....Obviously I don't want a notification whenever anyone comments on something i've also commented on, but for this thread I would! haha is that weird? am I becoming too obsessed with this?

Week 1 is 34 minutes according to the timer on my DVD player, but that includes a 3-ish minute warm-up and a 3-ish minute cool-down. Jillian keeps saying during the video that "It's only 20 minutes" and "I want my full 20 minutes!" but 3 circuits of 3-2-1 is 6x3 is 18min, so maybe she's rounding? Idk. This is what I think about at 6:00 in the morning. :)

I'm not sure I've heard of a way to subscribe to a thread... so I just check this one religiously. haha!
  • SalPal03
    SalPal03 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! Love the 30 day Shred! I was half way through it in Feb when i bought a puppy (puppies and working out at home do not go together :ohwell: ) But with all this chat about it I think I'm gonna start it again tonight or tomorrow - I think Trigger is old enough now... Jillian is amazing at motivating at the moment you need to be motivated. I guess I'll be taking some before pics in the morning eeek!
    Xaoey05 (SO sorry i missed your name) how’s Ripped in 30? I'm thinking about getting that one after...

Ps. Charlotte, the before and after photo’s are awesome! Fingers crossed for similar results!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out that every time I read the name of the group--namely the "(career, not corner)" part - it makes me giggle.
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    Xaoey05 (SO sorry i missed your name) how’s Ripped in 30? I'm thinking about getting that one after...

I'm Casey. :) I wish I had used my real name when I set myself up and MFP profile... The nickname is an in-joke from so long ago it's not really pertinent anymore, I just didn't know how useful a tool this site is, and how often I'd be on here! Oh well, no changing it now. I'm really liking Ripped, almost done with week 1 (one more day!)
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    We should start a DVD swap. I don't wanna buy all these DVDs and then hate them! Lol.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I went to the Farmer's Market today and it was amazing :) I'm excited for melon for dessert tonight!

Casey, you can change your username 1 time if you want. Go to settings. I made a semi ridiculous name when I first joined, and quickly decided to change it :)

I can't believe how fast this week has gone by and I'm looking forward to a brand new challenge next week!
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This week has gone by really fast!! I haven't even eaten my melon! Working on it ;)
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    I went to the Farmer's Market today and it was amazing :) I'm excited for melon for dessert tonight!

Casey, you can change your username 1 time if you want. Go to settings. I made a semi ridiculous name when I first joined, and quickly decided to change it :)

I can't believe how fast this week has gone by and I'm looking forward to a brand new challenge next week!

Oh my gosh, Keshia, you're the best! Thank you!
    My new favorite thing is cutting up a peach and putting it in a bowl with about 1/2 cup vanilla coconut milk (either the milk or the yogurt) - best thing ever. I wonder if melon would be good like that?
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Nyctraveler is Kate

Sorry for delay was slammed at work all week
  • nyctraveler
    Options
    Now I feel like I need to get the 30DS. Words can't even DESCRIBE how much I LOATHE doing videos in my house though. I have her Power Pilates or something like that and I got pretty bored after a week. Plus, my old dog ate my remote, so I'm stuck in the beginner level baahahaa.

That's the funniest thing ever!
  • nyctraveler
    Options
    Did anyone here try the extreme fat loss diet?

It's a 25 day diet and exercise program to lose the last few stubborn lbs of fat

Let me know if you tried it or heard feedback

Thanks!

Kate
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm so glad we don't weigh in today! I gained 3lbs of water weight (hopefully) this weekend! uugh.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    We should start a DVD swap. I don't wanna buy all these DVDs and then hate them! Lol.

That's a really good idea! I would totally be game for that!

I'm checking in at 163 even this week...which is a little bit of again, but considering I'm about two days away from TOM, It's OK. With such a big loss last week (3.5 lbs), I wasn't expecting much. BUT, this week I am going to get back on track with my C25K. And get ready to move. :)
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    *sigh* 141.2 this morning.