Paleo, anyone?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110517121824.htm

Bam, mummified Egyptian princesses. Ignore the part of the article about parasitic infections.
    They mention genetics and a poor diet :P
  • mynameisnutz
    mynameisnutz Posts: 123
    Options
    They mention genetics and a poor diet :P

Personally, I'm going with the curse.
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm going with the curse.
    Anubis gave them all CV complications.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Proof - evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true.

Thus this debate ends, your level of proof on this subject is higher than mine, I can accept that. In your mind that makes it more valid, in mine it does not. I suppose on some other subject, like say evolution we would have the opposite stance.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    I base that statement on,,,,,,, well just visit any hospital,,, and you tell me how much heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and any number of diet related sicknesses you see. Compare that to the record of these same diet related diseases we had just 100 years ago, let alone prehistoric.

As interesting as that would be I can't just "visit any hospital" today and make that a valid basis for comparison without going into prehistoric hospitals as well. Not to mention that the consumption of grain (percentage-wise) of our diet has actually been DECREASING over the past 100 years.

Yet, as you say, the level of health has deteriorated. Perhaps we should try increasing grain consumption?