100+ lbs to lose support group

Options

Replies

• Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've been buying 70% cocoa bars. Dark chocolate is very good for you. If I need something sweet after dinner I break off one square. It's less than 50calories and I really enjoy it more if I let it melt in my mouth. mmmmmmmmmmmm - chocolate anyone!?? I"ve also seen the new skinny cow dreamy clusters they just came out with - adding that to my list next week!

Love this method! I've been doing it for a few months now and it really curbs those cravings. I've always wanted to do the "dark chocolate and red wine" diet. Add a few peices of cheese and wheat crackers in there and it's a well balanced meal, no?
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

I'm Marjorie, i just found this site. I want to lose at 74 lbs before December. Do you guys mind if I join, I can really use more motivation.

Thanks
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Jen, congrats on your hubbys job! So happy for you both!
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    I am sooo glad i found this thread! everyone please feel free to add me! :) I just started makin weightloss vlogs if you want to follow its youtube.com/user/weightinforhappiness we can do it!! just stay positive! :)
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

I'm Marjorie, i just found this site. I want to lose at 74 lbs before December. Do you guys mind if I join, I can really use more motivation.

Thanks

Hi, Marjorie--what a lovely name! Happy to have you!

Kris
  • watchmeshrink16
    Options
    Thanks Kris

You can do it!!! I taped a picture of me and my goal weight on a mirror in my room to remind me of the changes that I want to make. You doing very well already, but if you like you can write those words in a paper and post them in your mirror. I think it can motivates you.

Marj
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    @Marjorie and obliviousx3

Hi!! Welcome to the group.
  • watchmeshrink16
    Options
    @Marjorie and obliviousx3

Hi!! Welcome to the group.

Thank you!!!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Im SOO over it. I am ready for the fight of my life so to speak. I will not give up, this is the new me. I am determined, I am strong, I am fierce. I will keep saying that til its all true...LOL

Great attitude! Make it a lifestyle change and it's totally doable. I love MFP. Welcome!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    Cmon girls, let's not give up on encouraging each other on here.... hate to lose anyone or not here from them at all. Hope everybody's weekend goes great! I am still on Night Duty, so I shall spend the better part of my day in bed. :) 5 more nights to go, then I am off! Yay me. :) Normal life... get ready, cuz here I come!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hello! :-) Welcome to any of the new peeps that I haven't said hello to yet!

Life has been rather hectic lately. But in more good ways than bad. About two weeks ago, my car died, so my husband and I have been sharing his car. This wasn't too big of a deal, since he wasn't working. But now that he's starting his new job on Monday, having two cars is pretty necessary. So we drove out to my parents house yesterday and I'll be borrowing my dad's car until I get a new (used) one of my own. I've got some really good prospects, but in the meantime, I am LOVING my dad's car. It's a 2009 Camry and he's got all kinds of fancy bells and whistles. Last night, I did some of the grocery shopping after going to the pool with my hubby. It was still a bit humid, but fairly cool, so I opened the sunroof and just enjoyed the beautiful night. I have church this morning - I sing in the choir - and then I'm going to a friend's house for brunch afterward. Hope she's got some low-ish cal options for me. After brunch, I have a little more grocery shopping to do and then I'm back home for a relaxing evening with my hubby. I have an excellent dinner of spaghetti squash, grilled shrimp and a light alfredo sauce for dinner. I cannot wait!!! lol

I tried almond milk for the last time last night. I've seen a lot of people drinking it and thought I'd like to give it a try. I thought it was pretty good! Has a distinct almond flavor (imagine that!). My hubby tried it and was totally grossed out. He rinsed his mouth out with water, took a swig of regular milk and practically inhaled a pudding cup to try and get the taste out of his mouth. lol He's a little dramatic sometimes.

Anyway...I'm blabbering now, so I better get going. I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!!!
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join this group. I've got to lose. 150 lbs. So I can definetly use some extra support. Glad I found you.
  • Sherry510
    Sherry510 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but looking to find some friends to share the struggle! I've lost 23 with WW online, but have 77 ish more to go. Wow looks different when I type it. My sister is getting married next September (2012) and I don't want to be a fat maid of honor. I started runnning again, but just can't seem to jump start this weight loss. It's so slow. Guess that comes with age right! Thanks :)
  • kimmisatch
    kimmisatch Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi to all the new people :) feel free to add me as a friend !!

I finally got hubby to come to the gym with me tonight, and suprise suprise he is all into it now. I knew he would be, and he even wants to come to combat with me on Saturday. You watch we will go and after it he will be addicted lol.

It's winter here at the moment, so cold!!!!!! I was glad to be sweating at the gym.

Well I hope you all have a fab week - do check in and let us know what you are up to :glasses:
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So yesterday i did a Body Combat class... which is like a kick boxing type class... i HATE HATE that the classes are surrounded by mirrors... :( i konw that they are supposed to help you with your form.. blah blah blah.. but all i can see is how silly i look when i move, and how my body CAN"T move like all the other girls in the class...

So I focus on the instructor... as i punch and kick... ignoring the fat girl behind her staring back at me.. The good news is i burned 700+ calories doing that... :D

Happy Monday everyone!!
  • lizhipwell
    lizhipwell Posts: 70
    Options
    Sure! You can count me in...

My name is Amy. I have a long road ahead of me and I could use all the support I can get :) I prob have around 200 to lose, so that would need a whole other support group lol..I am taking it little by little..See how much I can lose by labor day, then how much I can lose by Christmas....If I spend too much time looking at the big picture I would be way too overwhelmed :)
    Isn't that how it is for everyone though? I know if I look at how much I have to lose, and how long it will take, I want to cry! 2 lbs seem so measly when I have 120 to lose. But I am takin it one day at a time. You are a gorgeous lady from your pics, and you will only be more beautiful when you acheive your goals. Can't wait to see it happen- for all of us! Y'all Rock!

Actually, this is a large part of why it's taken me so long to get going on my weight loss. I always thought of it an this enormous mountain that I was going to have to climb. And I thought that there would never be an end to the battle. But once I decided to take the first step, I'm finding that I just have to take it one day at a time. Each step that I take gets me closer to the top of that proverbial mountain. Good luck, everyone! I know we can do it!

I am going through a similar struggle. I started at 362 lbs., am now 321 lbs. and still have 197 lbs. to go. If I think about the big goal it drives me crazy and becomes overwhelming...so, instead, I set mini goals and it seems more doable.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    So yesterday i did a Body Combat class... which is like a kick boxing type class... i HATE HATE that the classes are surrounded by mirrors... :( i konw that they are supposed to help you with your form.. blah blah blah.. but all i can see is how silly i look when i move, and how my body CAN"T move like all the other girls in the class...

So I focus on the instructor... as i punch and kick... ignoring the fat girl behind her staring back at me.. The good news is i burned 700+ calories doing that... :D

Happy Monday everyone!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: You're awesome Hannah! Love ya!
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bestest little snack EVER...Laughing Cow Lite Babybel Cheese snack. Each little disc is only 50 calories and 6 grams of protein, talk about a bang for you buck!!! I grab one of these and it totaly holds me over. They are even yummy, kind tastes like string cheese.
  • watchmeshrink16
    Options

Happy Monday everyone!!

Hey

It is exactly the same way for me when I go to the Hip Hop class, but I finally realize as long as I do the moves right and have fun that's what matter. It is obvious that you did excellent because you burned 700+ calories, so keep up the good work and do your thing.
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    level 2 day 2 of the 30ds today. yesterday wasn't bad... today was terrible! Hope the next couple of days go better...