100+ lbs to lose support group

Options
Hey Everybody!
Hi! I've been looking, and can't seem to find any open support groups for thos of us who have 100+ to lose. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. :ohwell: Anyways, I thought it might be a good idea to get us a group togather so we can all deal with this journey together. Anyone with me on this? I am very new to MFP, so I don't know a whole lot about how the whole group thing works, but maybe someone elso out there has more knowledge, and together we can do this. So lets go on and unleash our inner skinny selves! :smile:

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    you can count me in
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    you can count me in
    Awesome! And people, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Im in :)
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I only have about 90 lbs to lose but it's close to 100 and to it's still a long journey but so far I lost almost 10! :) I would love some more friends who need to lose a lot like myself.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I've only been here since Feb22, but I love it. I'm part of a great group and there really are no rules. It's great getting to know others who are going through the same struggles. I started at 278lb and have another 80+ to go. MFP gives you the right tool as long as you log in everyday. I also use the app on my smart phone when I'm on the road.

Feel free to friend me. I'm sure we can build a nice support group here. You are not alone in your journey. Just take it one day at a time! You can do this!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You can count me in.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Yep, yep! I'm in, too! Nice to meet ya'll!

How about an intro? I think I will, thanks. :-)

My name is Jen, I'm 7 months away from 30 and two months ago, I decided it was time to change my life. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with diabetes about 6 years ago and was recently put on insulin. That was the wake up that I needed to get my stuff together. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few years, with no luck. The doctors that I've talked to have attributed it to my weight, so this is another motivation for me.

In April, my ultimate goal was to lose ~150lbs. I have lost 36 lbs, as of this morning, so I'm definitely moving in the right direction.

Looking forward to making some new friends and helping support one another through this long journey!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    Hello!

I only have about 90 lbs to lose but it's close to 100 and to it's still a long journey but so far I lost almost 10! :) I would love some more friends who need to lose a lot like myself.
    Welocome to join! Don't want to be too picky!:wink:
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    An intro would be great!

Hi! My name is Rose, and I have been overweight almost all my life. However, I awlways managed to stay under 200 - even did the whole lose 20 gain 20 thing a couple times. Then about 3 years ago I started working as a hostess in a resturaunt where they had free soda for all employees. Uh oh. Gained about 25 lbs there in 2 months, then moved on to another job at a bent-n-dent store, where we were free to try any food comin through the line. Uh oh again. Gained another 15. And then I started working with my dad mowing hay, where we kept the mowing machine going 24 hrs. a day. Started drinking soda and eating lotsa snack to keep me awake (i don't like coffee). Another 10-15 lbs. And it just keeps on scalating. I now work in a nursing home as a CNA, which really is a lot of physical labor... A great thing, but this nursing home provides free food. And I've gaine pry 20 lbs here. So my sis introduced me to MFP, right after I had decided to start working on weight loss again. What a God thing! So I joined a week ago, and so far 2lbs down. I'm lovin it!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and my DH and I have 2 terrific daughters. We live a quiet live in a small community and enjoy the outdoors. I've always thought I was huge, when in reality I didn't hit 200lbs until I had my second child. My body image has always been poor so once life got busy with 2 kids I didn't give myself the time of day. I figured I was already huge so I might as well enjoy life (which translated to "I might as well eat anything I want").

This past February it was like a light switch went off. We had bought a treadmill so our daughter could trian year round for her 5k runs. It was the middle of a miserable cold winter here in Maine and I needed an outlet. So I decided to give the treadmill a try and realized that it felt great to spend 30 minutes alone each morning. After a week I was hooked and had stumbled across MFP on my phone. Once I found the website I started setting small goals. When I realized I could achieve them I set more.

What has worked for me so far is to PLAN PLAN PLAN. I build a menu to use as a guideline each week. I may vary from it slightly but once I found foods that worked for me I stick with them. I exercise daily - nothing over the top - just at least 30 minutes and 15 minutes of strength building. In March I couldn't run the distance between 2 telephone phones. Last Saturday I ran my first 5k!!!! Everything in my closet fits again and I've even started a pile that I will toss or donate. They are NOT going back into my closet!!

Each day I have to commit to my goals, but I find that if I focus on one day at a time and tell myself that I'm worth it then the rewards are amazing! Set mini goals, drink more water than you thought possible and don't give up on yourself. You will have peaks and valleys and your MFP friends will be there for you when you need them.

So drink that water and set your weekend goals today! We can do this!!
    ReNae
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
    As you can see i have a long way to go.

Good luck everyone!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sure! You can count me in...

My name is Amy. I have a long road ahead of me and I could use all the support I can get :) I prob have around 200 to lose, so that would need a whole other support group lol..I am taking it little by little..See how much I can lose by labor day, then how much I can lose by Christmas....If I spend too much time looking at the big picture I would be way too overwhelmed :)
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My Intro!

Hello! I'm a 32 year old mother of 4 beautiful monsters. I'm also a full time college student but it's online so I do a lot of sitting. I'm fun sized at 5'2 and started at 231 lbs. I have heel problems which prevent me from running a lot or walking a lot and one day I was sick of being fat! I know I sit a lot while doing homework but I was tired of not being able to keep up with my kids and of generally feeling icky. So I made a decision to get healthy and I've had a few bumps and slumps along the way but to my happiness I have almost lost my first 10 lbs and two inches off my waist, thighs and hips, and I tell it's nice not to have to wiggle so much into my pants!

I want to be able to play baseball with my kids and football with my son. I have always loved sports but being so out of shape was preventing me playing with them. I said enough is enough and i've been exercising and eating so much better ever since. My biggest challenge was my family pizza restaurant which I love so I had to limit my intake of pizza. Now I head tons of veggies and my goal this week has been to drink 8 glasses or water or more a day. Which for me was really hard and so far I've kept that up for 3 days straight and I actually felt better when I drank all that water so now I kind of like it. Yea for me!

Anyway, I'm glad to join up with you all and look forward to an amazing journey with some amazing people.

Kinda :)
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am an the way to losing over 130+ LBS. Let's getter done!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Happy to meet everyone!!! :happy:

If anyone's looking for new friends, feel free to add me! I love having people to cheer on and get motivation from!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    Sure! You can count me in...

My name is Amy. I have a long road ahead of me and I could use all the support I can get :) I prob have around 200 to lose, so that would need a whole other support group lol..I am taking it little by little..See how much I can lose by labor day, then how much I can lose by Christmas....If I spend too much time looking at the big picture I would be way too overwhelmed :)
    Isn't that how it is for everyone though? I know if I look at how much I have to lose, and how long it will take, I want to cry! 2 lbs seem so measly when I have 120 to lose. But I am takin it one day at a time. You are a gorgeous lady from your pics, and you will only be more beautiful when you acheive your goals. Can't wait to see it happen- for all of us! Y'all Rock!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback. Y'all sound like amazing people, and I am so proud to be part of a group that has the guts and determination to do what many people will think can't be done. We can, and will, show this world just what we are made of!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hoping to join in? I'm 45, 313 pounds, and feeling solidly discouraged, as I seem to have already hit a plateau. I've tried eating more, eating less, working out more, working out less, but I've been losing and gaining the same five pounds for days now. I know, don't freak, it'll come, just keep doing what I'm doing. I know these things, but boy, it's hard. I won't give up because I'm diabetic, and the dietary changes are as much for glucose control as weight loss--even if I give up on the weight loss, I still have to watch what I eat and move because of the diabetes. Believe it or not, that's a major motivator for me.

I've struggled with weight all my life. Was a light child who doubled in weight in ONE year between second and third grade. No idea why, my family didn't think to take me to a doctor. I flipped majorly anorexic at 15, lost 135 lbs in 6 months through sheer starvation and psychotic levels of exercise. Managed to keep that off for 8 years, even returning to fairly normal eating patterns, Then health issues hit and I began gaining at an astounding rate, piling that 135 (plus 20 of its friends) back on in less than a year's time. Three years later, I lost most of it again (all but about 20), and life was good until I was in a car accident. A multitude of injuries, but the worst, health and weight wise, was 2 herniated and one ruptured disk, leading to vicious sciatica and a tendency to avoid things that HURT. It took a few years, but I became increasingly sedentary, which cause weight gain, which caused more pain with activity, which made me even more sedentary--you get the picture.

I'm going to do this because I can't NOT do it. The time for me to hide from the world and hide from myself is over. I'm 45, and I need to do this so I can live my life and give myself more fully to my son and husband. I need to be able to operate, and I need to be healthy.

I am so glad to meet you all.

Kris
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    glad you're here Kris. Keep on keepin on.