100+ lbs to lose support group

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have always been heavy. When I reach my goal I will weigh less than when I graduated from high school.

Me too Dusty. I don't remember what I weighed in high school but I'm pretty sure my goal weight will blow it out of the water.
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I love reading the posts in here and thought I would join in. Its really hard to say that I have 108 lbs to lose, but it is what it is. I am ready for this and I know from all the support in here I can do it.

Introduction: I am a married woman to a wonderful supportive man of 13 years and we have 3 kids. Aaron is 15, Alex is 11 and Ashlee is 9. My husband is fit, athletic and very energetic (I am jealous) I have been overweight since I was 15 years old, never did any activity and have gained so much weight my adult life. I work 8 hours a day sitting down, take care of my family when I get home. There isnt much time for me!! I am exhausted all the time and have chronic asthma, I was diagnosed with PCOS a couple years ago, so needless to say I am not going down a very good road. I have tried many diets, hcg, ww, atkins, slim fast.. All of which worked for a short period of time, but as soon as I lost I stopped, maybe there is an emotional issue with that (still working on me and my crazy brain).

I CAN DO THIS if it takes me 1 year or 5 years I CAN DO THIS!! I would love any support, successes advice or any other things you can give me so I can succeed with this journey.

Thanks,
  • spicybaer79
    Options
    Ok I have done terrible lately....Thanks to papers, tests, TOM and now finals this week...But I did lose 2 lbs YAY!!! I've stuck with the 8 minutes in the morning for the last two weeks as well YAY me....But havent done so well with my walking (ahhh well it happens right)....Hopefully this week I can do better despite finals at school...Congrats to all the wins on and off the scale...Welcome to all the newbies, and I've missed all my friends...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Jen WOW looks like a great challenge. i would love to join. I need all the motivation I can get. It has been alot harder to get to the gym with the kids home for the summer. But i will try to get in some exercise by walking swimming and doing challenges.......
  • pursuitOFhappiness11
    Options
    I'm in! I've got about 90 lbs. to lost until I reach my target weight. This is going to a long process so lets get started. Good luck all!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have been a tad absent I was sick. Im back to feeling pretty good again (stupid summer cold) and kissing snotty coughing babies is about irresistable to this gramma haha actually the baby just loves me best and I for sure cuddle her every chance I get.. My weightloss has slowed a little bcuz I have been slacking on the weekends. I am still losing so I have allowed it to continue BUT no more I will be working out and eating right on the weekends too. You are all fully allowed to step in and kick my *kitten* if necessary. I will start giving out my number and yyall can send meany text messages LOL maybe not that. Keep it up guys and gals love ya
  • BRoth1987
    Options
    New here! I have been on 5 full days now! I am now 281 (was 285) and want to hit 150 by the time I am 27 ( I just turned 24 in march) I feel that around 50lb weight loss a year is doable and a rate that I will keep it off for good. I am also nursing my 5 month old so I am making sure I am only losing right around 1 pound a week. My first goal is 5% of my body weight so 14lbs. I feel like 5% increments are a good level to be at, not to high but not too low either. I am also working out at the gym 5 days a week for 60 minutes plus!

I need to make my signature!

Looking forward to losing this weight with you all!
  • joolie_oolie
    Options
    100 is my goal too! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :/ This is the hardest thing I've ever done, but since I was referred to this site I think I can FINALLY do it!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well, how is everyone set-up for the weekend? Any fantastic plans, fun, vacations? I am not doing anything fun :( but thats ok cuz im really in need of refocussing my weekends. Im gonna do GREAT. I hope you all do too :bigsmile:
  • FAB_24
    FAB_24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am an newbie : ) How do I officially "join" the group? Thanks!:smile:
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am an newbie : ) How do I officially "join" the group? Thanks!:smile:
    Hey hon, you are in the group, trust me! All you have to do is jump on board, and we will be glad to have you! Sorry that the thread has been so dead, but I am on vacay right now, and haven't been checking in lately, so that's my excuse. :):( Anyways... glad to see another new face on here!
  • hugabug75
    Options
    Im in. Sounds like an awesome group of people. :smile: :smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    welcome to all the newbies,
    My weightloss has slowed since the kids have been out of summer school. I am still exercising, walking and swimming with the kids but i havent been able to get to the gym. I am going to try to step up my exercise this week. I hope it helps. we are going camping this weekend. I hope to get in alot of hiking and swimming. my mom is going camping with us and then taking the kids home with her for 4 days, when they come back they will have 3 days and then school will start. So I hope to get back to the gym soon. Hope everyone is doing good........
  • Musterion
    Musterion Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a reminder that I am doing this weight loss deal for myself. While visiting family I haven't seen since I lost 23 pounds - no one noticed at all. As a matter of fact, only 1 person has asked if I have lost weight over the last 4 months. Guess I was really so heavy that 23 pounds didn't matter to my appearance. But the reality is that I am not doing this for anyone other than myself - to be healthier, to be happier and to maybe even live longer. Guess my loved ones will benefit from that but I am nonetheless striving for myself this time around!
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    I've been so busy taking care of my Grandson that I haven't had time to do anything. He is now back with his mom and I can get back to my weight loss program. Weight is still the same....244.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...It seems that I lost this thread somewhere in my lists. Welcome to all the newbies...know that you CAN do this!! How is everyone?
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    doing good... but have been off track all summer... :( Two vacations and 17 straight nights of night duty killed me! I am back at school now, and determined to get my weight loss back on track!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    anyone from this thread that ever checks it... sorry it died. However, I've hopped in with a bigger group called Need to lose 100 pounds or more? Let's start a group!. Feel free to jump on over. You will be welcome!
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just found this post. yayy for others who have to lose an insane amount of weight like me. Please feel free to add me if you like. :)