Loserville Challenge 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I am feeling better day by day. i caught up on a few tribal challenge exercise yesterday and did my squats. Hoping I can finish catching up today and do my push ups and/or crunches. I wouls also like to try a new exercise.

TOM began today...so i guess I will be drinking on my cruise at the end of the month. But teh reall cool thisn is I had a loss this morning reguardless of TOM. Guess that has to do with teh 14 glasses of water I had yesterday.

Rach - i am tryign to cut down on my sugar too, but candy corn is so good. i am so glad i have cut myself down to 1 soda a week. taht has really helped with my sugar.

Becci _ thanks for understanding my low cal burns.

Have a great day everyone.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    had to have a rest day today! bum and thighs are very sore from all the kettling and biking I did yesterday.... Did do my last lot of push ups though... So I think I've completed all the daily challenge exercises already!

Going for a meal on Saturday evening for my best friend's birthday... Have had a chance to check out the menu before hand and me and OH Shaun have decided to go for the Mexican platter to share... And a salad... Not sure what the actual calories will be though so will just have to try and work it out depending on what I eat... It's mostly nachos and cheese and guac and salsa.... Better than any of the creamy sauce stuff!

Boxercise tomorrow.... Possible bike ride... Got the cycling bug now!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Woohooo! Nice work Claire! Hope you have a lovely meal out, great job planning ahead.

Courtney - I honestly don't think I've had a single day 'under on sugar' on here. I LOVE sweet stuff, chocolate mainly. But if I try to cut back too much I end up inhaling a whole bar of chocolate. The book is basically saying that sugar is a drug, which I feel from my own addiction to it, it is! It also says that in trying to eat less fat people are eating more sugar, and that statistics show that sugar is a greater cause of heart disease etc. than fat, which is why occurences of heart disease are not reducing despite populations eating much less fat.

Rest day for me, and so I'm over on my calories. I'm toying with skipping to get back under ... but it's supposed to be my rest day ... hmmm ...
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Just thinking about next week, next week is our "greatest distance challenge" ... I was thinking we should be all triathlete about it and have 3 categories, swim, bike, run/walk. What do you think? I think it's unfair to mix bike with run/walk.

I'm looking forward to it as I haven't been out on my bike or for a swim for weeks now, be good to get that going again.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Lost another 2.5 lbs this week, feeling great to get back on track, woo hoo!

I don't have a bike but am happy to try and mix up the walking with swimming, unless I could include stationary biking at the gym?

I will fill out my spreadsheet totals on Sunday night, hope that's ok, i have been rubbish at doing it daily, sorry! Managed to do my water and stuff daily and did my daily rep's, but only tried one new exercise. Fail!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello All. TOM is here and my weight is steady which is awesome :) feelin gmuch better. Planning to get my walk intoday finally i haven't walked since Monday. Almost done withteh daily challenges. I did 3 yesterday but shorted myself on the spreadsheet. i will change it tonight.

Rach - i am never under my sugars either. I look at my number and subtract the natural sugars from fruit and veggies and hope that my number is close to my goal. When I have soad I'm not even close though. I don't worry too much about fat b/c my colesterol is great and so is my blood pressure. and like you said it's not necessarly what will effect my heart anyways. Good luck with teh suger cravings

Becci - that is an awesoem loss. Keep up the good work!

Claire - you are doing amazing this week. Enjoy you dinner out and your bike rides.

I think we should be able to do our distance challenge in any way we want. I personally hate stationary bikes and my bike needs new tires. I would enjoy a swim though. So I'm cool breaking it down into catagories...espically if we do swimming by meters. Swimming a mile is tough.

Have a great day everyone!
  • chiliflea
    Options
    I'll give whatever everyone decides a go but I may fall short!
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't mind breaking it down into categories. I'm happy to go with the majority.

Been at the hospital this morning for my monthly sessions of needles in the back. Normally it makes me feel worse straight after and then I feel the benefits a few days later. Today though it seems to have kicked in already. Maybe it's down to the weather being pretty okay here, but whatever the reason I'm not complaining.

Hope you're all well. Looks like everyone's kicking *kitten* this week. :smile:
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Stationary bike definitely counts.

I think we should have 3 categories and you can choose to be in one or all categories, though I think everyone should be in the run/walk category ... and then we'll have three weekly winners, one for bike, one for swim and one for run/walk.

Well done on the loss Becky, I hope the scales are that kind to me, though to be honest feeling like my head is in the right space is worth more for me atm.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh so many posts to catch up on. I wil first let you all know I am home very tired but pleased to be home but may only be for a couple of days. i do not sleep very well in the city, which then makes me too tired to go out walking or to class. I am comfortable and I don't think i hear the city noises but maybe I do and that is what disturbs me all night long. Samara has had very early morning calls on set by 5.45am, 5am and then 6am, finished at 7pm, 7.30pm and 9pm. she would come home exhausted and hungry. So i am glad I was there to look after her. She is not sure what days she is required next week yet, except for Monday at 5am. i am disappointed that each day i was too tired to do anything. I did mange to keep up the challenge exercises and thursday I did walk to work as well as to China Town and back. So maybe I'm being hard on myself as Friday was the only day i did nothing. I would like to be digging in my garden now I'm home but first a nanna nap. :yawn:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Had big Nanna nap. Feel wee bit better for it. Went to Sydney's fish markets today with my brother after we took mum to the Airport she has gone up to the other 2 siblings for 6 weeks. Lived here for over 10 years and first time to fish markets. But then I am vegetarian. I have always wanted to go. I bought sourdough bread and an apple and mandarin.

I will be doing my distance challenge by walking next week, maybe a bit of jogging (shuffling). My stationary bikes gizmo's no longer work so have no idea how many km's/miles I would pedal. And I cant swim that well. But I will still try and out walk you all.

Not looking forward to weighing in. My rings which had become rather loose are tight today and my stomach feels swollen. But I am looking forward to burning up some decent calories and logging some good km's.
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Think I'm going to be over on my cals today (sorry Jen) as am off out shortly for my bestest's birthday meal... And have cooked her a surprise red velvet cake birthday cake so will be indulging in that later no doubt!

Have been REALLY good all week though so should even out average wise...

Big loves to you all! xxx
  • rachypompa
    Options
    I was badly over yesterday, went to a housewarming party ... my plan was to stay an hour or two ... we left in time to get home and get the kids to bed, so my dinner was a selection of unhealthy finger foods! Add to that the fact that my bed felt too lovely and warm to go out for a bike ride as I'd planned ... and ohhh dear ... Ah well, but then we have another party today ... hoping I can make some good choices, like going home for dinner!!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Morning All. Sunday here already. :laugh: Having been in the city since wed evening have a lot here at home to catch up on. I hope to go out today and buy some more garden supplies. Listening to the garden show on the radio, I need to improve my soil. So looks like another round of heavy digging = heavy calorie burn. YAY :tongue:

Rach and Claire it is so hard when we have social events to go to. We could avoid all social events and get slimmer quicker, but that would be so lonely. Just do your best , enjoy and live life.

Have changed my weigh in day to Sunday now. I have lost 400grams (1.3lbs) this week. Happy enough with that.
    Still have 5kgs to lose before I can say I am overweight. Thinking I should have a I'm overweight celebration.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Help please with my weight loss percentage again if i do it in pounds I have a 1.25% loss.
    If I do it in kgs I have a .846% loss.
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Opps think I just found my mistake. My conversion of 400grams to pounds is point 9 of a pound. I had it at 1.3 lbs.
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Meal was delicious! Ended up eating FAR too much! Though I chose the cajun blackened salmon for my main with salad and new potatoes which I thought was better than having a big ol steak and chips! Only 1 glass of rose, water with the meal... Starter was a sharing platter of mexican bits - buffalo wings, chicken quesidilla, some bread oh and some fabulous garliky mushrooms!

No pud as we were coming home to birthday cake but cake was a disaster! Cream cheese frosting didn't set so it was more like a chocolate sponge with a cream cheese frosting dip! Suffice to say we nibbled a bit and decided not to eat it! Saved on cals there!!!

It's tipping it down today though so the planned bike ride has gone out the window :cry:

Think TOM is on his way too so not expecting a big loss tomorrow :sad:
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies

I'm here to say sorry.... I won't be able to weigh until first thing tomorrow morning, so won't be able to complete my chart until then. As you've probably seen me say here in the past, I don't have scales in the house because I know I'll obsess over them, so every Monday morning I go into town and get on the scales in Boots.

I'm so sorry if this holds things up for the chart. Next week, I'll try to get to Boots on the Sunday instead of the Monday to make sure I'm on time with everyone else.

xxx
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Well, I weighed in this morning in the hope of staving off any gains caused by yesterday and today's parties ... and I've lost 1kg or 2.2lb, over the moon with that, though I'm sure that didn't help me control my eating at the party today ... eeek. I feel sooooo stuffed it's unpleasant! It's funny though as I had no idea what I weighed, I was disappointed at first thought I hadn't lost, then checked on here and realised I had. All a bit bonkers.

Next time it's points week, my aim will be to get full points on calories, water and exercise, even over the weekend!

Anyway, I'll give you all a run for your money next week as I'm signing up for a race, not sure if I'll do the 16km or the 20km!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Monday... Glorious monday is here. :flowerforyou:
    The start of another week. Another chance to overcome challenges, to put our best foot forward, to resist temptations, to make wise choices, to learn and develop. Take time to stop and listen to out inner needs, rest and recharge. Read a book, do something nice for ourselves along with the daily battle of exercising and choosing healthy eating.
    'Every great journey starts with a simple step."

Awesome weight loss, Rach. :happy:

I'm up very early, message from darling daughter as she sat in the make up chair early this morning. Mum can you come in today, please. Which means for the week. SO here starts another chance at conquering the city temptations this time for the whole week (monday to friday). Nothing like being a personnal assistant to a movie star (well, movie extra). The early starts (today she left home at 4.30am) and late finishes are killers. I might try logging on at an internet cafe. My plan is to make it a good week, walk the city parks, maybe visit a museum or gallery. I just have to try and get better sleep in there. :yawn: I will try and make it a little holiday. While trying to out walk you all. :laugh:
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Nikki - I don't weigh till monday so don't stress!

Down 1 whole pound today! Hurray!!! Now to put in that as a %.... lol I get it at 0.37%

If anyone has trouble with the % try

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

Have we upset Tami? I see she's logged in to mfp but hasn't messaged on here... Come back Tami!