Loserville Challenge 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hey hey peeps... As some of our antipodean members will be heading into Monday before the rest of us I thought I'd create the new group...

If everyone could post their 1234 challenge items for the week here too as well as your photo for the start of the challenge, measurements starting weight and goal weight for the end of the challenge...

Measurements will be :

Neck
Chest
Waist
Hips
Thighs
Upper arm

Happy losing!

Replies

• Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Claire - Thank you for starting a new thread.

Jenni - Good ideas, I especially love nr. 6. That could be fun. I have a pedometer. Will brainstorm tonight - weigh, take pics and measure tomorrow.

Xx
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I shall get my measurements up and goals later on tonight. :)

Hope all are well today.

x
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Good morning losers

It's monday here! I'm over the moon to be posting my final weigh in for the last challenge (and start weight for this challenge) as 76.1kg or 167.7lb. I can't believe I had such a great loss after my overeating on Thursday. I'm a very happy bunny!

my measurements:-

Neck 37cm
    Chest 104.5cm
    Waist 94cm
    (Belly 103cm)
    Hips 103cm
    Thighs right 61.5cm
    Upper arm right 30.5cm

I'll get my hubby to take some pics tonight

My 1, 2, 3, 4

1 hour of skipping (10mins per day + 1 rest day)
    2 new meals trialled
    3 bootcamps
    4 early nights (in bed by 10pm)

Right, I'm working full time for the next 4 weeks, covering for a teacher going away on holiday. So got to shower etc. Happy Monday everyone x
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to measure in inches, but if outnumbered for cm I will switch to that.....never been measured that way so should make it interesting :).

I will take measurements, weight, and pic tomorrow (as it is only Sunday here).

Hope everyone has a Super Slimming Sunday.....

Tami
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    GOOD MONDAY MORNING to all residents of Loserville.
    Our early bird, Rach is already up and off to a good start. Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss. Four weeks work, fantastic. That is good isn't it? I hope you were wanting it. Although it may throw a spanner in your exercise plans, I know I would like the extra income.

I am thrilled to bits with my weigh in this week. 95.3kg. 210LB. Almost made goal. So I guess it was worth all the calorie counting and pushing the exercise last week.

20/6/11
    Neck 38cm (15")
    Chest 108cm (42.5")
    Waist 99cm (39")
    Hips 121cm (47.5")
    Thighs 67cm (26.5")
    Upper arm 31cm (12")
    TODAYS WEIGHT 95.3kg (210lb)
    GOAL WEIGHT 90kg (198lb) by 29th August 2011

I would actually have liked to be 90kg by 13th Aug for the city to surf but I will be happy so long as I keep heading in that direction.

Perhaps we can post measurements in both, so that we can all understand the numbers. But that makes the village secretary's job harder. So perhaps on this page we can do both, and for the chart , it can be up to Claire as she is the secretary.

1 100 sit ups
    2 zumba classes
    3 walks
    4 Jillian Michael sessions

:flowerforyou:
  • rachypompa
    Options
    I did almost add in the inches too this morning, but ran out of time. I like cm as they do down faster!!! I was totally an inches girl until I moved to NZ!

Jenn - I will be happy with the money, but I work part time so I can be with my little girl, so I'll miss her, and I'm worried how she'll cope with being in Daycare every day. It's also good for me to have a taste of full time work, as one day I will need to work full time again!
    I will start the brain storming of other challenges, Please poke your nose in with ideas.

1. 10,000 steps a day ( I plan to buy a pedometer this week, does everyone have one)
    2. 3,500 calorie burn in a week. (I do like this one)
    3 Top 10, 10 of each exercise, such as 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 bicep dips, 10 jumping jacks 10 mins of skipping 10 ???? need 10 different exercises. And we just need to get them done in the week as I'm sure most of us will stick to our regular exercises as well.
    4 . One day a week. ban on processed food. Ok this may not be everyones thing. But just brain storming.
    5. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Struggling now that it is cold here.
    6. How about how many different forms of exercise can we do in one week, walk, run, skip, zumba, kettlehell etc

Ok now its your turn:love:

Great ideas Jenn
    7. burn the most in a week. I thought that was good this last week.
    8. Nutrition goal, e.g. have to eat x amount of fibre per day, or (the impossible!) aim to stay under the sugar allowance just for one day!!

I don't have a pedometer, but hubby may be able to get me one ... I'll investigate that. I really enjoyed having one the other day.

Top 10 - Jenn's 5 above plus ... 10 lunges (0n each leg?), hold plank position for as long as you can 10 times, 10 scissor kicks ab exercise that I find very tough!, 10 squats ... just need one more ... think it needs to be upper body ... maybe just 10 bicep curls with weights? I like this one, we should do this one next week!

I like the different exercise one, that could be fun!

Hmmmm ... putting my thinking cap on. Will be back later x
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Just weighed and I'm back up to 264lbs! How does that happen?! So I'm taking drastic action and am going to start weighing on a friday... Clearly I can't be good at weekends so am going to weigh on a Friday which means I get a week to sort it out before weighing again... Hope this is ok with all of you...

Anyhoo - 1234 challenge has been slightly modified to...

1 - x 50 crunches per day
    2 - litres of water a day
    3 - hours at the gym - 2 hour classes and 1 hour gym session
    4 - 30 Day Shred sessions

So this week I aim to do 350 crunches! Woo hoo!

As for the rest of it...

SW 264lbs :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Neck - 36cm
    Chest - 103.5cm
    Waist - 109cm
    Hips - 127cm
    Thighs - 65cm
    Upper arm - 43cm

Goal weight 245lbs

Jen and Rach - Congrats on your losses! You've both don't fantastic!

I don't understand how i've put 4lbs back on - I haven't been awfully naughty and I'm gyming lots... aaaggghhhh so annoying!

Anyway - once all the weights are in I'll sort out the chart and post the results...

Off to my son's first ever Sports Day this morning! So excited!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I can't believe I managed to lose 9lbs in 9 days, crazy. I wasn't far off my goal and I am not far off 3 stone now! Epic!

Anyway, along with Claire, I am also going continue weighing on a Friday, for the same reasons, it did kill me trying to be good this morning!

My starting weight is 262 lbs and I will provide my measurements later.
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    Ahhhh... Came to post and see we're doing it in cms not inches. Will be back shortly with info. Just need to convert lol.

Hope everyone is good today. I'm just off for some physio and then I'll be back for another session with that evil woman on 30DS!!

xxx
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Bloody hell Becci! How did you manage that?! I'm doing everything right and I STILL put on!!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I drank loads of green tea, exercised more than usual and I also started taking a sea kelp supplement, which is supposed to boost metabolism, so maybe that kicked in?

I'd had a gain and only a 1/2 lb loss in the two weeks before, so maybe my body was catching up. I don't expect it to continue!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Wow Becci - That is truly awesome. What is the secret?

Jen, Rach - Congratulations!!

Claire - 1 pound up is not that bad. Could be anything but I do get that it is frustrating since you work so hard. Are you drinking enough? Helps mewith water retention due to both DOMS and TOM.

My final weigh in and start weight is 93.6kg (205.9 lbs) which is far from my goal, I really hope I can get to my next goal on time.

SW: 93.6kg (205.9lbs)
    GW: 85kg (187lbs) I know that it won't be easy but it's a challenge, right?:wink:
    Neck: 35cm
    Chest: 105.5cm
    Waist/Navel: 91cm/106cm
    Hips: 116cm
    Right upper arm: 38cm
    Thighs: 70cm

1,2,3,4 - challenge:

1hundred crunches
    2 litres of water per day (even though it is summer I have a hard time drinking enough)
    3 x Dumbbell Strength Routine
    4 x C25K workouts

Oh and the brainstorming thing is not going very well.

9. Maybe to try something you've never tried before? A new routine, class, something you just made up or never have been able to do because of your previous overweight?

I am sure I have forgotten something. Pics will come up here later this evening when I have a photographer. :laugh:

Work it girls!!
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Ooooh, and my goal for 10 weeks is to be at my target weight!? How bonkers is that?!? I just randomly chose 70kg as my target weight, it's the top end of normal for my height ... so I may wish to lose more when I get there. Hmmm ... I may just change my target weight now, when I was 23 I weighed about 68kg, so maybe I should aim for that!? How on earth do you choose your target weight??

Anyway, goal for this 10 week challenge is to be 154lb or 70kg.
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Ooooh, and my goal for 10 weeks is to be at my target weight!? How bonkers is that?!? I just randomly chose 70kg as my target weight, it's the top end of normal for my height ... so I may wish to lose more when I get there. Hmmm ... I may just change my target weight now, when I was 23 I weighed about 68kg, so maybe I should aim for that!? How on earth do you choose your target weight??

Anyway, goal for this 10 week challenge is to be 154lb or 70kg.

Hahaha, well mine is set to the top end of my BMI, maybe you just have to get there to see what you think. Maybe it's not the weight but how you want to look that becomes the factor when you reach the ultimate goal!? Only 10 weeks... :D
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    Okay here's my list...

SW: 101kg (223lbs)
    GW: 94kg (208lbs)
    Neck: 45cm
    Chest: 111cm
    Waist: 106cm
    Hips: 111cm
    Upper arm: 33cm
    Thighs: 61cm

1,2,3,4 goals...

1 session of 30Ds per day.
    2 litres of water per day
    3 sessions of Zumba Wii per week
    4 sessions of 30 minutes walking per week

I know the 30DS may be a little ambitious, but I'm going to give it a good go.

Also, well done Beccy! That's some serious going. I think I may have to get on that green tea and sea kelp train with you. :)

Good luck with the challenge ladies.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Ok I've done 10 of my 100 situps, 1 session of Jillian Michaels and 1 Zumba class. Tomorrow is my girls birthday, so I think I will have to make it a rest day and catch up on exercise later in the week. I will go in early in the day to have lunch with her and then Husband and others are coming in for dinner. I have taken photos and they are in my profile. Took them before going to Zumba. My arms are killing me tonight, thank you Jillian, can't even find the strength to wrap Samara's presents.
  • FizzingWhizbee
    Options
    I don't have pics yet. There is one full length one on my profile, but I'm in a dress so you can't really see body shape and such. I will get one of my friends to take a pic when they come over. Living alone means it's a nightmare to take full length pics of yourself. I've tried to do it with a mirror so many times, but they never come out well.
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Did my 50 crunches at the gym this morning - didn't quite do an hour though but am going again tomorrow at some point... Won't have a chance to do the evil cow today as have a spanish class this evening... And am half way to drinking my 2 litres of water... So far so good!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I want to congratulate everyone on ther wonderful losses in the last challenge.

i know I was MIA a lot towards the end of the last challenge but I am super excited to begin this one as things are finally beginnng to calm down here in virginia.

My starting weight is 214lbs
    Goal Weight for this challenge is 196lbs

My 1, 2, 3, 4 challenge

1 100 situp (I'm Copying)
    2 yoga sessions
    3 visits to the gym other than yoga class
    4 walks

Best of luck to everyone!
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Hello All! I want to congratulate everyone on ther wonderful losses in the last challenge.

i know I was MIA a lot towards the end of the last challenge but I am super excited to begin this one as things are finally beginnng to calm down here in virginia.

My starting weight is 214lbs
    Goal Weight for this challenge is 196lbs

My 1, 2, 3, 4 challenge

1 100 situp (I'm Copying)
    2 yoga sessions
    3 visits to the gym other than yoga class
    4 walks

Best of luck to everyone!

Great to have you back! Could you post the measurements in cm please..