MEAT Me at the Beach (6/23-6/26 weigh-in)

Options

Replies

• ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I want to stop eating after dinner. I only want to eat either fruits or veggies after dinner!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Who should wiil I meat? should i bring seasoning,spices, and a grill, or will that be provided?

:laugh:

Yes, bring lots of seasoning, spices, and the grill. oooh...and if you could grab plates and napkins too. We'll provide the "lean meat". :wink:

Haha! :laugh:

You know you Facebook too much when you read a comment and look for the 'Like' button...Consider this one 'Liked'.
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    NSV for the week....Hmmmm....I'd really like to keep my sodium below 2000 every day. That and drink at least 80oz of water, per day.

My struggle this week was how to eat with friends. When I'm at home, I plan my meals ahead of time. I enter most of the food that I'm going to eat for the day first thing in the morning, so that I know how many cals/carbs I have to play with for snacks. But this past week, I ate with friends two days in a row.
    Friday, I went to dinner at a friend's house and Saturday, another friend surprised me and wanted to go out to lunch. The dinner was much easier to handle because the girls I was eating with are all well aware of my weightloss ambitions and we all planned accordingly. We had these delicious gyro-type pitas with chicken instead of lamb. It was amazing. So, I think letting my friends know ahead of time that I'm really serious about this and wanting to make good choices, they helped me to stay on track.
    Lunch on Saturday was a little more challenging, as I thought my friend and I were going to have something at home and she decided she wanted to go out. We ended up going to Applebee's. Thankfully, they have some under 550 calorie meals, so I chose one of those. I only ate 2 or the 3 skewers of shrimp, all of the broccoli and none of the rice. And two full glasses of water. So, even though I was thrown off by going out to eat, I didn't take the low road. I made a good choice and I was really proud that I had.
    I guess another way of handing both meals would have been for me to choose to eat at home beforehand and politely refuse. But for me, meals are a celebration. I think I made the right choices in both cases.

Good luck to everyone this week! I'm loving this challenge. It keeps me motivated and makes me want to keep on doing better. I'm seriously counting the days til Thursday!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    What is something that you struggled with this week? How did you handle the situation? Was that an effective way to solve the problem? What are 3 other ways you could have solved it?

I struggled with social eating this week. I started out well on both Saturday and Sunday nights wit having all my snacks planned out. Friday night was the drive-in with the kids I had my dinner planned brought my own snacks and did awesome during the movie. The only problem was I brought a pizza home for the boys sleeping o er and helped myself to two pieces at 1:00 in the morning. Granted I was hungry because it had been a long time since I had eaten but I didn't need the food. Saturday went downhill fast when I went to a girlfriends for a cocktail and I brought my own snacks that time as well even planned my drinks into my night. Once I got a drink in me it hit me fast because I had an empty stomach and then I got looser and looserw with my food.

The first night planning everything out and being prepared and treating myself within my calorie content was good and effective BUT the fact that I had all four kids by myself and got home home so late exhausted I should have sent myself to bed just about ten minutes sooner. I probably would have been better off even just having one piece of pizza WITH the boys so I didn't feel like I was missing out on something. I think i may do that next time.

For cocktails. I am just not going to have any for awhile. I don't know how to separate cocktails with munching and neither does any of the company that I would be drinking with so I will be so bar for awhile.

Sunday's social eating actually went really well. The food I brought for myself was dishes that everyone ate and they were such awesome things that I love that I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. I had a couple of bites of the stuff everyone else had so I got the. Best of both worlds. This will have to be my plan going forward. I also did a TON of cooking so there was no sitting around munching because I was a busy bee.

Sorry for the novel. Once I got thinking the mental purge just kinda happened :)
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Some things I struggled with this week, was drinking enough water, logging food, and getting enough sleep. All things I know hinder my progress, and my health.. (well maybe not logging doesn't hinder my health, but doesn't let me go back and reflect)

Water I need to pre-fill my bottles again, and drink them every day. I know I am craving water, and have munched a few times instead.

Logging food: Well I have just not spent enough time on here to be logging the food. I am not eating terrible! I just am too lazy to input recipes lately... and just blah! I need to get on that. I am trying to menu plan at least a day in advance now, so I am hoping that will change.

Sleep... well tonight I am not helping the matter, it is hard when hubby is on nights. It is hard to remember to get my butt to bed, when there is no one waiting for me. This might hurt my last point I need to work on, but I am going to say no to the computer after 9pm for the rest of the week. (eek... hard one for me!!)

Tomorrow is my last day of work till the fall so I have no excuses now... time for me!!
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    My main problem this past week was that my internet was out for basically almost the whole week. Makes it hard to log and accurately track food when that happens. I'm happy to still report a loss, but really.. I think I would have done better if the internet company had fixed things sooner. GRRRRrr...
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    NSV..... I now spend 1 or 2 nights a week with my daughter in her small studio unit in the city. Its lovely having "our" time together. but the calorie counting is hard and I often go over, way over. She only has a small fridge and limited cooking facilities. So this week I will work on finding meals, that are easy, healthy and within my range.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good morning to you all!!!

My NSV ties in with what I struggled with this past week - eating at night. Since I eat after dinner all the time, I would think that it would be hard for me to say I'm going to go the whole week without snacking after dinner. I think 4 days out of the 7 is a good goal!!

What is something that you struggled with this week? Snacking after dinner / late at night
    How did you handle the situation? I ate :sad:
    Was that an effective way to solve the problem? Do something else or go back to sleep
    What are 3 other ways you could have solved it? Read a book, go for a swim, drink a glass of water, eat later at night
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    NSV Goal: This week I'd really like to work on knowing when to STOP eating. I find that often I keep eating even when I am no longer hungry just because I still have food on my plate and I already accounted for the calories. As it is, I eat about 6 times a day which really helps out with mindless snacking, but I find that at "dinner" time I'll put food on my plate and keep eating it even if I'm already full. My goal this week is to NOTICE when I feel satisfied and STOP eating. I can always put the food in the fridge and then finish eating it later.

REFLECTION:
    Something that I struggled with this week is losing my patience, especially with my kids. I've found that I have become very quick tempered recently (since I've been home from work for the summer) and I need to work on that. My kids are 3 and 5 so noise and crazy energy seem to be ever present in my home (especially now that we are home for summer break). In general, I've been losing my patience and getting upset over little things and I've not been dealing with their behavior in the best way possible. This week I will make the extra effort to (1) take a breath and think before reacting, (2) try to be proactive instead of having to be reactive, and (3) keep to schedule/routine so that we all know what is coming during the day and have the structure that we are used to having during the school year.

(I know that that had nothing to do with fitness, but it is the biggest struggle I've faced recently and it needs to be addressed and changed.)
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    BUMP
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good morning to you all!!!

My NSV ties in with what I struggled with this past week - eating at night. Since I eat after dinner all the time, I would think that it would be hard for me to say I'm going to go the whole week without snacking after dinner. I think 4 days out of the 7 is a good goal!!

What is something that you struggled with this week? Snacking after dinner / late at night
    How did you handle the situation? I ate :sad:
    Was that an effective way to solve the problem? Do something else or go back to sleep
    What are 3 other ways you could have solved it? Read a book, go for a swim, drink a glass of water, eat later at night

Motivation. Sometimes it is harder for me in the summer to stick to my planned goals. My husband is a teacher and off for the summer so I usually have more on my plate than can get accomplished in the measly 24 hours in a day AND make everyone happy. So, I usually give up stuff for me (hence the lost motivation) in order to get stuff done for others. I am trying not to do that this summer and have been pretty good -- have only fallen off the wagon a couple times. The hardest test will be the 3 week road trip vacation coming up.

On snacking at night, I usually have a cup of hot tea or hot water with a lemon slice.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • AccioPancakes
    Options
    My NSV for this week is to start C25K. I completed day 1 on Sunday and am planning to day 2 when I get home from work tonight. My friends and I like to go for "late night walks" and I'd LOVE to have the stamina to keep up with that 1 or 2 who likes to run off ahead.

Like many others, I've struggled with social eating. It's so easy to plan your meals when you're in charge of what's cooking but it's hard to plan when other's are in charge. I often find myself eating nothing instead of the bad stuff (for example, a friend's birthday party: I ate only a burger during a 12 hour period instead of eating cookies and chips and brownies and...)

Having traveled into town for this party specifically, there's not a whole lot I could have done, but in other situations (for example, the birthday party coming up in a few weeks), make sure there are fruit and veggies available, and other healthy choices (spinach salad, perhaps?).
  • sparkle327
    sparkle327 Posts: 98
    Options
    Vic - Thanks for keeping us organized!!

All - Looking good!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Awesome job people!! Awesome Chart as always=)
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For the past couple days I have been looking to join a motivational group and this one seems to fit the bill! I hope there is still room for me :) A few things about me- I started my weight loss journey August 2010, and up until March, I had lost 34 pounds. I was happy with my results and thought I was ready to head back into "the real world." During the past three months, I have gained back 7 pounds and that is just NOT okay with me. So here I am, back on mfp, and determined t to lose that weight (and then some) and KEEP it off.

Current weight (as of TODAY): 149
    Goal weight (as of SEPT. 1ST): 135
    # of lbs/kg to lose (as of SEPT. 1st): 14
    Weight Category (reduce, reduce/maintain, maintain): Reduce

NSV- To eat my meal, and then STOP eating. I find that I will eat my meal (probably too fast) and then I won't allow myself to feel satisfied, therefore, I reach for more food. So my goal for this week is to eat what is on my plate, sloooowly, and then be finished until my next meal!
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's really hard for me to think in terms of NSVs, which is probably why I am losing motivation..but here's what I would really like to see-
    I would LOVE to be able to feel GREAT about ALL of my food choices, knowing that I actually put some thought and effort into eating healthy. Lately I find that I start off great, (morning protein shake OR a nice healthy breakfast) but quickly spin out of whack if I don't pack a lunch or actually take some time to think about what I am ordering before I do it. So I would like to be able to actually plan my meals (or make healthy choices) and drink enough water every day this week and if I do slip up realize that that's not an excuse to disregard the rest of my day. So I will set a SMART goal of at least 2/3 of my food intake should be something healthy or at least researched to make sure it fits in my caloric intake.

This week's reflection question(s):
    What is something that you struggled with this week? I am having a really hard time working out! I used to do at least half an hour a day m-f and last week I think I may have done 1 hour work out and that's it :(
    How did you handle the situation? I haven't been handling it well, but I am trying to motivate myself and give myself pep talks everyday. I am also considering putting on my work out clothes AS SOON as I walk through the door so that I have no time to sit down or "distract" myself with other things might be helpful.
    Was that an effective way to solve the problem? I am hoping it will be
    What are 3 other ways you could have solved it? working out, scheduling my work outs in my planner, going to the gym as "something new"