The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 1 (DITR)

Options
Hello Ladies!

Welcome to Diamonds in the Rough! I'm so excited to get started with Round 3, and I know that you guys are excited too ! If you haven't already done so, please check your email for important information!

I'm going to get the ball rolling with our first Question of the Day (QOTD). Please be sure to check here daily, including on weekends (unlike last round) to answer the QOTD!

PLEASE QUOTE THE QUESTION OF THE DAY IN YOUR RESPONSE. It helps us to keep track of it!
Monday's Question of the Day: Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

My response: My biggest accomplishment was completing a year abroad in France when I was in high school. I have since graduated from college, but living abroad really forced me to step outside of myself. I have been forever changed by the experience, and now am an avid traveler.

5851897532_e4a1ebb532_b.jpg

Replies

• dervlaland
    dervlaland Posts: 19
    Options
    Monday's Question of the Day: Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

getting a scholarship to do my phd
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My biggest accomplishment is being the mother of three wonderful children! I am very proud of them!
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

My biggest accomplishment was moving to England when I was 14. I didn't speak English at all, and had to start school not being able to speak to everyone. I got through it though, and went on to get top marks in my English GCSE :o)

Looking forward to this challange!!

Lisa
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    5851897532_e4a1ebb532_b.jpg
    [/quote]

Quick question - is the dates wrong on this? 22nd June is showing as a Tuesday, but 22nd June is a wednesday....
    Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the 21st...

Lisa
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Qotd Monday: my biggest accomplishment to date has to be having my baby son.... Isn't just amazing that your body can make something so perfect?! It is a whole new challenge being a mum, and in a few weeks I go back to work so will be juggling mummyhood and being a career girl again.

Great to be back with the diamonds challenge... Go yellows!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Oops! Thanks Lisa, great catch! (The DAY is correct, but the DATES are incorrect). Ladies, please view the corrected list in the toolbox on the DITR blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/diamondsintherough
    Quick question - is the dates wrong on this? 22nd June is showing as a Tuesday, but 22nd June is a wednesday....
    Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the 21st...
    Lisa
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

I'd say, probably getting my Master's Degree. Went back to school after having been out of college for over 10 years. I finished up when I was 8 months pregnant.
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I'd say, probably getting my Master's Degree. Went back to school after having been out of college for over 10 years. I finished up when I was 8 months pregnant.

Hi everyone, my biggest accomplishment is my two wonderful children, I am very proud of them.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new diamonds and our returning diamonds.

I would have to say that is it was going back to school for my Master's while juggling the needs of three children, my husband, and a FT job. It was hard but I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I was done!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I think my biggest accomplishment is a 3-way tie between my wonderful children.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new diamonds and our returning diamonds.

I would have to say that is it was going back to school for my Master's while juggling the needs of three children, my husband, and a FT job. It was hard but I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I was done!

I love your profile pic!
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Like many on here - it's pretty much a toss-up between my daughter (just turned 18) and going back and completing my master's before 40!
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I would have to say my biggest accomplishment would have to be the two wonderful little girls. I was told that I wouldn't be able to concieve, but I have to beautiful daughters to prove them wrong!
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

Getting my associates degree from college and getting accepted into a University this spring semester!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

Does not killing my husband after 10 years of marriage count? :tongue:
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Well, my 3 boys are my biggest accomplishment, especially the years I was a single mom to the oldest 2....and I am extremely proud of the fact that my oldest son, who has a slight intellectual disability, was raised in a home where he was taught that everyone has challenges they must overcome and that he is no different from anyone else.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

DEFINATELY!!!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

You deserve a medal!
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I would probably say becoming a Pharmacy Technician.
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options

I would say getting married as I thought I never would find anyone who would want to love me.