The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 1 (DITR)

Options

Replies

• stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: Are you active in any other MFP message boards to help you with your goals? Do you have weekly/monthly goals? What are they and how do you keep track of them?

I spend way too much time reading the MFP sucess stories. I am fascinated by their stories, triumphs, and it helps me to believe that weight loss for me is possible too.

Goals: consistently lose for the life of the diamond challenge
    exercise 3-4 times per week
    eat three meals a day - at least 70grams of protein each day
    drink 8+ glasses of water a day.

Track them here of course!

Thus QOTD: Has your weight stopped you from achieving anything?

Being more outgoing.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Thurs QOTD: Has your weight stopped you from achieving anything?

I think my weight hasn't stopped me from achieving anything but my fitness has in the past. I was rubbish at sports at school and really unfit during some of my 20s, I feel like I have missed out on some of the things I would've liked to do i.e climbing.... but never too late eh?
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday June 24: What do you think will be the most wonderful thing about reaching your goal weight?

For me its going to be the self confidence I gain, and looking in the mirror and not wanting to change a thing about what I see. I just want to totally love myself. I also will take great pleasure in not being the "fat friend" any more. I always have been, but now I wear the same size pants as one of my smaller friends:) I told her and I think she was a bit mad, oh the small joys...
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    QOTD Friday June 24: What do you think will be the most wonderful thing about reaching your goal weight?

Oh wow, what a great question and yet a difficult one to answer. This is so vain, but I seriously think it will be the clothes shopping. I just want to feel as though everything I wear will look great on me because it's going to be on top of a great body! I also want to get more involved in dance, and although African and Hip Hop dance don't have the same body expectations as say ballet, I do think that it will be easier for me to get a troupe going if I have the right look.
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Learning to love and accept my body and taking joy in that it is as healthy as I can make it. I just hope my self confidence will be able to back up with how great I AM going to look!

That I will look great in a bikini with tight *kitten*, abs and toned beautiful arms, I will be the woman that people look at and think 'wow, she has a great body!' Which I hope will inspire someone else to want to make the changes I am so they can be fit and healthy too.

Hope you all have a good day, take care.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday - Most wonderful thing about reaching goal weight?

Well, definitely it will be wearing the clothes that are currently in the garage in a box entitled "Kristin small clothes" and going shopping. I look forward to being able to pull any size 6 pair of jeans off the rack and put them on. Plus, I do like hearing comments about how great I look (LOL). But most of all I think it will be my own sense of accomplishment in doing what I set out to do!!!
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday ~ The most wonderful things about reaching my goal weight will be ...
    feeling healthy and confident
    leading an active lifestyle with my family
    having a great sense of accomplishment
    looking good
    shopping

I can't wait!
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options

Going to see the surgeon who told me I needed a gastric bypass and showing him he was wrong (to put it nicely)
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Going to see the surgeon who told me I needed a gastric bypass and showing him he was wrong (to put it nicely)

Wearing a sexy dress and not having to wear spanx or suck in my tummy all night!! Can not wait!
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

the sense of accomplishment that comes with achieving a BIG goal! And of course the clothes! Also knowing that I've improved my health dramatically in suceeding in reaching my goal!
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday. Are you active in any other MFP message boards to help you with your goals? Do you have weekly/monthly goals? What are they and how do you keep track of them?

I am doing a 100 push up/200 sit up challenge and I try to be very active with all my friends. I have received some great advice that has helped me so far. My monthly goal for June was to lose 9 pounds and to increase my water intake. I have a note book that I keep track of everything in.
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Being able to show everyone that I can do it!
    Going clothes shopping and not having to get clothes from the plus size section!
    Making my 30's the start of a new and healthier life!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thurs QOTD: Has your weight stopped you from achieving anything?

I have always been involved in amateur dramatics and I have found that a lot of times I have not been successful in auditions because of my size. An example of this was when I auditioned for Return to the Forbidden Planet where I was told I did a brilliant audition and was better than many of the experienced dancers but did not get in because the guys on the panel said no one wants to watch a fat girl dance.

OK, I'm late doing this question because I totally spaced on it!! Usually I do my stuff in the morning, but yesterday I had an early, busy day!

First off, that is a horrible thing for them to tell you!! I have a friend that was pretty much told a similar thing when she auditioned for American Idol..they said she had the right voice and the wrong look. As for me....my weight as never stopped me....but my being self-conscience of myself has. I had not always been heavy. I didn't get really overweight until high school. I suppose, in some ways, my weight has stopped me from making more friends because I am so shy and so hard on myself that I don't just put myself out there. I am shy because of my weight, and I'm so afraid because I'm heavier than most of the girls around here, they won't like me. But that's more me than my weight.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Thurs QOTD: Has your weight stopped you from achieving anything? When I was at my heaviest I missed out on the fun stuff with my son because I was to tired or just to lazy to want to do anything. I thank God that he gave me the strength and courage to do something about it. I know now that I missed out on alot and I don't ever plan to let myself get in that situation again.

QOTD Friday - Most wonderful thing about reaching goal weight? Proving to myself that hard work and dedication do pay off. Being able to go in any store and buy whatever I want. And being able to run and play with my son and not get tired.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options

For me its going to be the self confidence I gain, and looking in the mirror and not wanting to change a thing about what I see. I just want to totally love myself. I also will take great pleasure in not being the "fat friend" any more. I always have been, but now I wear the same size pants as one of my smaller friends:) I told her and I think she was a bit mad, oh the small joys...

Hmm....this one took a little thought for me. I have so many things that would just be amazing when I reach my goal weight. First, being more confident. I know when I look around I'm the biggest girl in our area. All of the girls around here that are my age are skinny minnies, and I can't wait to say that I am the same size as they are. Another is being able to sit down in any type of chair and not wonder if it's going to break when I sit in it. Yesterday, my mom and I went shopping, and she wanted to stop into Pier 1 to look at a few things. Well, we saw this awesome chair that kind of looked like an egg and it was hanging on a hook and you could swing and spin and everything. Well...I was too afraid to sit in it. My mom tried so hard to get me to try it out, but I justs couldn't. What if it broke right there in the middle of the store?? I would have been horrified!!! So, those are just two things, but I have many, many more small reasons why I can't wait!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Able to be more confident and just look at myself in the mirror n think wow i have come along way i was never so less (may be 6 yrs back) But with all of you being here for support made me look and feel wonderful

Thanks you diamonds

Kathy
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    *Looking sexy
    *Feeling sexy
    *Self confidence
    *Enjoying shopping again!
    *More energy
    *Being able to run a 5K
    *Turning heads =]

Good luck everyone! Lets go, DITR Team Yellow!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

Being able to wear the clothes that are in my closet waiting for me.

Not feeling self concious when my husband puts his arms around me.
  • reeology
    reeology Posts: 22
    Options

Confidence. It will be great not to feel ashamed when I eat in public, or buy groceries, or try on clothes with a friend, or go to the pool, or work out in public... I could go on and on! Just feeling good about myself will be fantastic :) I can't wait!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I will be confident about who I am and what I look like. And I'll stop making jokes about how chubby I've gotten to cover up how ashamed I am.