The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 1 (DITR)

Options

Replies

• musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Everyone has got some wonderfully amazing accomplishments!! I hope everyone enjoys this challenge and really gets to knw their partners! I love my partner, she is already amazing for starting this challenge up!! GO PINK DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

Does not killing my husband after 10 years of marriage count? :tongue:
    Love this! and yes it does count!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Not sure how my day is goin to be tomm morn so here you go
    QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

what are the most beautiful place you've visited ?

on my list first one is Alaska . Oh my God glaciers are so amazing :heart:
    Egypt would be second bcoz of the pyramids ( you just cannot take eye away from them)

Kathy
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Not sure how my day is goin to be tomm morn so here you go
    QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

on my list first one is Alaska . Oh my God glaciers are so amazing :heart:
    Egypt would be second bcoz of the pyramids ( you just cannot take eye away from them)

Kathy

I will go ahead and answer because I will not be home much tomorrow! The most beautiful place I have been is Puerto Rico. Not only did we go to the beaches and such, but old San Juan, and up in the mountains and the rain forest and banana plantations are amazing!!! I would love to go back, but I also have a few other places I wouldl ike to visit as well!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: what are the most beautiful place you've visited ?

Oooh difficult one, there are so many beautiful places in the world - Niagra falls because of the sheer magnitude of them, Las Vegas because there is no where else like it on earth, the Swiss Alps in winter with the sun sparkling on the snow, the New Forest in the UK as there is nothing like seeing wild horses galloping across open land, the area around Uluru in Australia because of the sheer amount of nothing but red parched earth for thousands of square km but for me the most beautiful sight was seeing Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House for the first time after emigrating and knowing this beautiful city was our home. I think it was more about the whole emotional experience making it such a beautiful moment rather than the architecture being outstanding but it still gets me whenever we venture into the city and I feel the same.

Can't wait to read some more answers - we need some new destinations for holidays!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    @GoneWithTheWhing I was goin for that we also need some new destinations :happy:
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

The most beautiful place I have ever visited was 2 years ago when I went back home to Germany. My mother had recently passed and I needed to go back to take care of business. I was born in Germany, but moved to the US when I was 5. I remember everything. The little tiny house I spent the first 5 years of my life in. My Oma and Opa's home. My uncle built a house just across the street and me and my 2 girls stayed there. But I would always get caught by him looking across the way. So he asked me if I would like to go over. My heart jumped to the chance. He told me that it is not like I remembered. It was old and worn down. I didn't care because I just wanted to go anyhow. So as we walked across the street. My memories began to race back to all the times I saw Oma working in her little garden in front of the house and when the door opened, I could smell the cakes baking in the wood fire oven. The banister had years of oil build up from everyones hand as they made the pivot to take the first step. The kitchen was so small and the corner where the table was was exactly the same as the last time I ate there. I could imagine the foods that graced the table top and all the nights of lingering there with the laughter of my family. When we went upstairs I welled up in tears to see the hidden door to the room my Opa made to hide the Jewish family in during WWII. I turned to see another door and touch the same hardware that was still there to open the room of my grand parents. The beautiful sheer panels were not there anymore of course, but that day God let the sun shine so bright in that room. The wall paper just as I recalled. I stood there for a long time. Remembering all the moments I danced for my Oma while she lay sick in her bed. Singing to her. Talking to her. Ahhhh! That was a beautiful day in a beautiful place.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Monday's Question of the Day: Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

My biggest accomplishment is being able to be a motivator to my family and friends.
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options
    QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

It would have to be the pavillion gardens in Buxton, Derbyshire, Uk. I fell in love with them when I first saw them at the age of 10 and was able to get married in them on the bandstand on a beautiful sunny day.
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

For me, it has to be Austria. My uncle lives there and we used to go over every year when I was younger. Austria is known for being a great place to go skiing, but my favourite time has always been to go in the summer. It's breathtakingly beutiful, and I can just sit and stare at the mountains forever. I had to take a train across the country a couple years back, and I never wanted to get off as I loved just sitting and looking at the beautiful views :o)
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday:
    I think the most beautiful place I have visited is south Africa, in particular some of the coast line on the Garden route.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

QOTD Tuesday:

What is the most beautiful place you've visited ?

Great question Kathy! I have been so fortunate to visit a lot of beautiful places. I was raised in California, and having done a lot of traveling, but I still am awed by our coastline, our city line, and our lovely mountains.

The place that really stands out for me is Turkey, particularly the city on Antalaya. The water looks completely unreal and makes an amazing backdrop to a city that is both modern and as old as time. It is also impeccably clean, like something out of a dream.

I also love the vineyards and lavender fields of southern France, the markets and street culture of Madrid, the quaintness of Cuernavaca, Mexico, and the grit and flashiness of New York City. I really want to visit India.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ladies, your responses to yesterday's question was sooo amazing. You are all such a set of strong and amazing women. Thanks for sharing!

QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

Not that I have done a lot of traveling, but I would have to say California. I traveled to San Diego for my job and it was wonderful. I could live there.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Wow - may of you have been amazing places!

QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

I've not done tons of travel, but surprisingly (to me) we found the most beautiful place when we visited central Tennessee. We visited the Cumberland Plateau and visited this amazing state park that was off the beaten bath called Fall Creek Falls. The falls were down this rugged mountain path and were just amazing once we got there!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: What is the most beautiful place you've visited ?

Unfortunately I haven't traveled outside of the US, yet. But one of the most beautiful places I've visited is Mackinac Island, Michigan. The view of the lake is amazing and when all of the lilacs are in bloom, I just love it.

I also love the mountain views in Aspen, CO.
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: What is the most beautiful place you've visited ?

I haven't had the opportunity to travel too much. So for now, the most beautiful place I have visited would have to be Grand Marias, MN. It is such a quiet and relaxing place. The fall colors up there would have to be the best!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Monday's Question of the Day: Losing weight is a major accomplishment. What has been your biggest accomplishment in life prior to your weight loss?

I have to say graduating college. It was a big deal for my family because I was the first woman in my family to do so.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

Well I haven't been many places yet but so far one of my favorite places to sit and be at peace is Central Park. I know typical New Yorker. I also like Riverside Park 145th street over looking the Hudson River.:wink:
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    QOTD ( Tuesday Jun 21)

where are the most beautiful places you've visited ?

Well I haven't really been that many places. The smokey mountains are very beautiful. I love mountains. I hope to go to the Bahamas on my honeymoon...and I want to one day go to New Zealand...
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

Being a mother is definately my biggest accomplishment. Whether I'm good or bad at it, I couldn't say.