200+ Fryin' the Fat

Options

Replies

• GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amy: I am planning on getting a tattoo of a heart and triquetra. Google it and it's the first image. I'm not sure on how I plan to do the shading yet but I'm think a deep burgundy for the heart and black for the triquetra. Hubby and I are both of Irish decent and we had a Celtic wedding.

Navajoon- Grab the veggie plate at Black Eyed Pea! All of the veggies are some what mushy and it's the healthiest thing on the menu. Ask them to cut the butter when they cook it.

Welcome Lauren. YummyWater, Ashley, bubbles, Jenn(mommyjj) and Pam!

Lacey- Thanks! I am so excited about it. I have a post above of seeing the image.

Only two more days of teaching 7th grade summer school. I am SO excited to be done! These kids are just as ready!

Last night I was such a dork and started working on quizzes for the upcoming school year. LOL! I got the first 8 quizzes written and will probably continue tonight. LOL!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    omg I'm so blonde

Jenn- this whole time I thought your screen name was gonnadoltjenn (or in all caps, GONNADOLTJENN). didn't realize that what I thought was a lower case L was actually an uppercase i. LOL But I totally like the heart/triquetra tattoo.
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    Hey Kendal--don't worry about the interview. What's done is done, you know? And I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you thought. I just graduated from college and had about a ton of interviews at different places. The places where I thought I did well didn't hire me, and the one where I thought my interview was the hardest did hire me. It only takes one place to like you for you to get a job. What kind of job are you looking for?
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Hi! Fairly New Here...Never Posted...

Wondering: Is It Too Late To Join This Challenge?

Thanks!
    ~Stephanie
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    missxlaur- my manager in my old department has a team leader position open and she asked me to apply. I work in a big healthcare company and that position would be overseeing an inbound call center dealing with doctors. currently I work on a team that terminates doctor's contracts when they die, retire, and switch practices.

Stephanie (and all the new people!) - we are ALWAYS accepting new members. Tell us about yourself. Current weight? Goal Weight? Kids? Pets? Significant other? Job? Stresses? Books you are currently reading? (we have a lot of avid readers in this group lol) We talk about any and everything here so don't be shy. :happy:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Speaking of books - I'm about two thirds of the way through the third book in the Game of Thrones cycle...maybe I didn't read this book, can't remember. But wow, talk about killing off the fav's! LOL

I'm turning on HBO this weekend so i can start watching True Bloods new season and look forward to watching the GoT series too.

Okay you know you are doing P90X when you go to lunch and eat a roll and a half of sushi, a small cucumber and tuna sald and are still feeling like you want more! So I got a nonfat latte...sheesh! I guess not eating that extra 150 cals yesterday did me in today!
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Great! Well Hello Then!

I'm Stephanie...

I'm married to the man of my dreams. We have a blended family so there are 5 kids between us. Our oldest is 22 and youngest is 9.

Currently 280lbs...that is the biggest number I've ever seen on the scale, although I've had weight issues since I was a teenager. I've set a couple mini-goals and a long-term focus of 100lbs. I know I want to lose more than 100lbs, but will update my long term goal after I've reached my mini-goals. When I think about it, 100lbs seems so large that I couldn't even set a bigger goal right now!

Glad to be a part of MFP Community...and meeting people making healthy changes toward success!

Talk To You Soon!
    ~Stephanie
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    OK, at work, wow, lots of posts, will have to read tonite. Just wanted to share. The dude will NOT come down the $1000! So we basically told our realtor to tell him to shove it....and the house hunt STARTS OVER! Pray for my sanity please! *hugs*
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    missxlaur- my manager in my old department has a team leader position open and she asked me to apply. I work in a big healthcare company and that position would be overseeing an inbound call center dealing with doctors. currently I work on a team that terminates doctor's contracts when they die, retire, and switch practices.

hey kendal! that sounds so cool. if your manager asked you to apply, you've obviously done something right :) i'm sure you'll be fine. good luck anyway though!!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    BTW Lacey, I absolutely LOOOOOVE your new profile pic! It's happy and colorful :smile:

ETA: I WANT CHOCOLATE! But the only chocolate I have available is a big candy bar from a vending machine and that's just too much chocolate. I want a LITTLE BIT of chocolate. I don't want to waste 300+ cals on chocolate. I want enough chocolate to take the edge off. lol

dangit

Mr. Reunion brought over an Oreo ice cream cake last night. I had a slice. I told him he had to take it home with him but I didn't check the freezer this morning to see if he did or not. I hope he remembered. He's actually really respectful of the fact that I don't typically eat unhealthy food such as fast food and said he already planned on taking the ice cream cake home so I wouldn't be tempted by it.

For you newbies, I went to my high school reunion a little over a month ago and stayed about an hour. It sucked. They couldn't even get a formal thing together so we had an informal get together at a bar. Anyways, I sat with him cause I vaguely knew him best out of everyone there (all 10 of 'em). He signed up for facebook that night so he could send me a message telling me how exceptionally gorgeous I was and we've been seeing each other ever since.

His name is Eric. I don't know why I like referring to him online as Mr. Reunion though. lol

He's hot.

And he laughed in my face the other night when I told him that it makes me slightly uncomfortable when he picks me up because I'm a big girl and I'm scared he will hurt himself. Yeah.....totally, genuinely laughed in my face. He told me that I may feel that way, but his perspective from the outside looking in, I am not a big girl.

rawr

and just cause I still can't stop looking at this picture and sighing....
    74702_8309.jpg
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    OK, at work, wow, lots of posts, will have to read tonite. Just wanted to share. The dude will NOT come down the $1000! So we basically told our realtor to tell him to shove it....and the house hunt STARTS OVER! Pray for my sanity please! *hugs*

So sorry about that... been there done that, it's hard... i hope you find what you all need!! :)
  • manda2j
    Options
    Great! Well Hello Then!

I'm Stephanie...

I'm married to the man of my dreams. We have a blended family so there are 5 kids between us. Our oldest is 22 and youngest is 9.

Currently 280lbs...that is the biggest number I've ever seen on the scale, although I've had weight issues since I was a teenager. I've set a couple mini-goals and a long-term focus of 100lbs. I know I want to lose more than 100lbs, but will update my long term goal after I've reached my mini-goals. When I think about it, 100lbs seems so large that I couldn't even set a bigger goal right now!

Glad to be a part of MFP Community...and meeting people making healthy changes toward success!

Talk To You Soon!
    ~Stephanie

I"m new too and also excited to be in an MFP community!! This is so awesome, and so helpful.. Mfp has been helping me so much to stay motivated. Anyways, my long term goal is also up in the air... i was 128 in high school.. but after 6 kids and now being 30, i just don't know if that should be my final goal, or what? so for now, my goal is set at 150..that's a ways off anyway, so i guess i have time to figure it out ;) nice to meet ya!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Karen - man you guys are hard nosed lol!! Just the fact that you aren't willing to spend $1000 more for the house (whether you have it to spend or not) just makes me think that in your heart of hearts this isn't the house for you! I'm sorry you have to keep house hunting. Its both fun and exhausting at the same time. I think we looked at about 20 different houses before we bought this one and even made offers and a bazillion counter offers on one house before walking away. It was maddening.

My chest muscles deep deep down are feeling the Core S work out from yesterday. I will be glad to do some Kenpo tonight. Something that I know and am good at already hehe. And I hope to throw in the last 1/2 hour of the Yoga video too to get some of that in as well for strength.
  • manda2j
    Options

His name is Eric. I don't know why I like referring to him online as Mr. Reunion though. lol

He's hot.

Aww! what a cute story! :)
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal - THANKS!

And you call Mr. Reunion "Mr. Reunion" because it just sounds so way more sexy and oooooooOOooo and AAAahhhAAAhhhhh than a name.

I used to talk to a veterinarian (well he said he was one anyways) on match.com and I used to call him Dr. Dan because that was just so much more fun than just "Dan." LOL.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So I totally go up this morning and went to the gym, AFTER I had been up super late. So, Sleep deprivation=bad, Doing a good set of weights and a bit of cardio @ 4:30am =good!

Food is great today, I'll weigh again on Friday for this week's check-in. I'm coming off a "free weekend."

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kendal: PLEASE get us a pic with Mr. Reunion's face...pretty please???? I dig the cool guitar/rock vibe from the other picture but I wanna see his face!

Lacey: There are two guys named Dan at The Hubbs' office. He would come home talking about "Dan did this..." or "Dan said that..." and I never knew who the hell he was talking about. After hearing a multitude of stories about one of the Dan's womanizing habits, I promptly renamed him "*kitten* Dan" and it stuck. The Hubbs' totally refers to him by the nickname I created whenever he talks about him. (Your Dr. Dan story brought this to mind so I thought I'd share) Oh and don't tell me what happens in the 3rd book!!! I'm still on the second one! (Although I already know that the author has no qualms about killing off main characters, I was so shocked when he killed of Ned Stark in the first book!) Yay for True Blood!!!

manda2j: You don't look old enough to have 6 kids!!! Wow!

Karen: I'm soooo sorry about the house! I agree with Lacey, maybe if that extra $1K is a deal breaker for you, it wasn't the right place. You'll find the perfect place, I know you will. (((((HUGS)))))

Hiya Stephanie! Welcome to the group!!!

Jenn: I LOVE your tattoo idea. It's so pretty!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Lacey, omg the third book. Not giving anything away, but it is by far the best in the series. I'm currently plodding through the 4th book and I feel like I've been halfway done with it for a month. It is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Here's hoping the new one is much more like the 3rd book.

I'm also reading the Girl Who Played with Fire, and it's SO hard not to just put Feast For Crows down and speedread that one. It's my "boyfriend's house" book. I'm always reading two books, one at my house and the other at his house.

Manda, I love your take each kid out on a date goal. Super cute. And SIX kids! My goodness. I want three someday, or so I say. We'll see how that goes!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Amy - sorry won't say any more about the third book. I thought you were ahead of me for some reason! And I totally and completely forgot about Ned Stark being killed too. Yeah.... Dr Dan was hawt. He showed me his bod on an internet camera one night lol. Those were the days....lol....
    Jeff has a woman he works with who's got around with a few of the married men there (she just got married last weekend). Well two years ago at a Christmas party she drank too much and proceeded to whisper a bunch of **** about me to her date. It was quite interesting. She was sitting two people down from me and had maybe talked to me at most two minutes tops in her life, but I could hear her. So ever since then I've refered to her as "makeup face" for her enormous love of what looks like pancake makeup but is probably just unbelievably heavily applied covergirl, or "that *kitten*." I wanted to buy her some of those makeup wedges for wedding present but Jeff wouldn't let me. I also hold a six month referendum on the use of the term that *kitten* because she is only just barely married and could still turn out to not have changed her ways. I will never like her or respect her, she won't come near me now. And I never said one thing to her lol. Funny how that works!

Nava - I hate slow moving books. I hope the fourth one wasn't the reason I stopped reading this series years back. I don't think it was out then but who knows. I've not been able to get into The Girl Who....series.

Good Job Ashley for exercising! Keep it up and in a few days your body will not want you to stop!

Mandaj - I like the idea of date night for kids so they get special time.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Karen - sorry to hear about the house ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

I really need to get The Game of Thrones series. I started Janet Evanovich's newest book today. Did you see American Gods came out with a 10th anniversary edition today?

A continued welcome to all our newbies!!! Congrats to our big winners from last time!!!

Thanks Kristina for keeping the chart and posting the thread. Have a great vacation!!!

Rain with thunder has me sitting in the house rather than running tonight.

Kendal - I'm so happy things are going well with Mr Reunion (I like his nickname)... Good luck with the job. Don't work to hard with all that OT...is your friend still moving in?

Lacey - your vacay sounded fab!!! Love the new profile pic.

Amy - hope your foots feeling better. It sounds like a spur - they are very painful. Good luck and heal quickly!!!

Katie - my water shoes are Keen sandals. They work really good on the rivers and lakes. They actually look cool so I wear them all the time. Water walking sounds like fun. A waterproof HRM might help with cal estimation.

Hallie - I have every confidence you'll pass the swim stuff.

It's nice to see the board so active but it makes it impossible to reply to all. My thoughts are with the rest of you.