200+ Fryin' the Fat

Options

Replies

• Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Kendal-you make me laugh! Mr Reunion is a purty boy though! Yay!

Amy-sucks on hubby being gone 2 more weeks! Enjoy Italy & YES, will have pics of kiddos as soon as they can get them processed. They'll post one or two on FB & tag me in them, then I'll get the CD probably weekend of the 4th at church with all the pics & will put in a folder on FB. I'll post a good one or two here. Think once I hit my FINAL goal weight of 170 (yeah, I know, long way) I'll reward myself with Glamour Shots. I had them done as Sr pics, then again when pregnant w/Mellie as a fun time w/my two BFF's just before they moved away, so think it'd be fun for me!

Think I'll add a collective hope the foot gets better for all of you that are having issues (there's like 4 of you I think, wow!). Makes me scared, b/c my arch on my left one is acting funky, but that could be the sandals I'm wearing to work.

Pam-I'll have to find you on GoodReads too! I'm friends w/Amy & Kristina. Yocum1219 (a common theme for me) is my username. :o)

Tammy-happy Bday! (sorry a bit late) I'll def remember your name, it's my hubby's older sister's name, so that's at least one new name I'll get right! Yay!!

Manda-wow, 6! I'm impressed! How do you stay sane? I have 3 & think I'm gonna lose it on a regular basis!

Ash-thank you for prayers! Always appreciated & a blessing!

Hailie-glad to know you're alive!! Awesome goals! If you can, investing in a thermos or reusable water bottle you like will help with getting the water in! I couldn't manage it til I got my thermos, even w/a bottle of water sitting right next to me at work all day!

I'm so gonna have to hit the library for Thrones books! But just don't get much time to read, so I feel like it'd be a waste! Maybe I should add it as a goal! Relaxation is part of fitness, right?

WiggleNTwink-Good luck on onederland! I'm so looking forward to it!! I have it as a goal, but not as part of this challenge, b/c if I don't do it by a certain date, I backslide. But I'm weird like that! :o) I love your Ms Piggy pic!!

Victoria-glad to see you're alive & still with us! I know you've been busy!

Briana-good to see that Hailie won't be the only college age on here anymore! I think all of us "old" people scare her sometimes! ;-)

Nava-I know I commented above about not having time to read, I guess it's just that I don't read physical books a lot. And don't have the money to put everything on my Kindle that I'd want to read! LOL! I read online, but it takes me a long time to finish sometimes, b/c I maybe get my lunchbreak at work to read, & if I'm lucky, I'll get 20-30 min before bedtime. Though if I had time & I get going...I read quick! HP&DH...less than a day!! :o)

OK, I know I surely missed somebody! And I'm sorry. The boss is gone today, so I'm "sneaking" on here. Hopefully I'll manage to keep up by checking on my Iphone at lunches once she gets back. Next week won't be so crazy for me! My niece will go home (she's so sweet, but got me up at 12 last night b/c she missed her mommy & couldn't find her phone to call her-yes, the 7yr old has a phone, but not my kid, so can't say anything). OK, better get some work done so I don't get my hiney chewed tomorrow! Will try to check in as I can!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Pam- I have bad knees as well and was doing P90X till I hurt my foot. The point is you modify the moves and do what your body can do. For the jumping jacks, I would move my arms correctly, but I would jump in place and not move my feet in and out. Eventually I got to a point where I could move my feet too. The marketing for P90X makes it seem so tough that I think they lose a lot of their sales because people are so intimidated by it. No, my body can't do all the things the people in the video can do, but I push myself and do my best and patiently wait on the video to move to the next exercise cause those crazy people can go forever. lol. I still got great results with it and can't wait to get back to it in a couple weeks.
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    Oh and Kristina, you have a blog? Is it on here? I want to follow it!

I missed that...me too!!

Kerry-we posted together, well I was typing a million replies while you were I guess! LOL! Hope all gets better with the lawn mower! Awesome workout!

Seriously-I need to work out more!

But-NSV-Another 1/2" gone on my waist!! Hips & thighs still same, but hey, it's going!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Pam- I have bad knees as well and was doing P90X till I hurt my foot. The point is you modify the moves and do what your body can do. For the jumping jacks, I would move my arms correctly, but I would jump in place and not move my feet in and out. Eventually I got to a point where I could move my feet too. The marketing for P90X makes it seem so tough that I think they lose a lot of their sales because people are so intimidated by it. No, my body can't do all the things the people in the video can do, but I push myself and do my best and patiently wait on the video to move to the next exercise cause those crazy people can go forever. lol. I still got great results with it and can't wait to get back to it in a couple weeks.

I second this..it is ALL about modification. I don't do the plyo work out because its too tough on my knees. I don't do yoga because it hurts my feet. I So sound like a whiner right now, but it is what it is. When jumpking jacks or jump rope comes up in the warm ups, I run in place instead.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Dang too much to reply to this morning lol!

Check in for yesterday: 2753 burned/2097ate/656 deficit. I just looked at my cals burned on the bmf site and it says I burned about 374 cals for doing the whole kenpo work out and the bit of yoga I did. That doesn't seem like much does it? I guess at the end of the day as long as the deficit is there and I did what I could it is okay.
    I did kind of half *kitten* some of the moves. Taking a week off that program is a freakinig killer. I do NOT want to do that again until the 90 days are up. It makes it hard to get back into. Tonight is Core S again. I will do more than I did Monday, that is the goal. And also not *****ing the entire way through it lol.

My chest strap on my HRM is burned I think. I never properly cleaned it and I think the sweat and grime just killed it. I don't really need it because I have the BMF but I am thinking of ordering a new one on amazon. Although...that might drive me nuts if I see a difference in cals burned between the two. But I'd like to see my HR and make sure I'm "in the zone" because last night I wasn't in the zone enough I think.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Musicians are the best! My boyfriend is a drummer. The downside is that he taps on EVERYTHING, but he's cute and wonderful so I can forgive him for that annoying habit. Usually. :laugh:

This is cracking me up. My BF is a drummer and a bassist (and guitar, but he's not as good on that than the other two. Shhh, don't tell him I said that.) and he is CONSTANTLY tapping on stuff. And air drums. Air drums always. But hot damn, if he isn't the sexiest thing on the planet behind a set of drums.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Okay, I took a few notes on a post-it to reply to this thread. HA!

Welcome to the even newer newbies! I'm going to have a crazy hard time keeping up.

Katie - I saw something about water shoes, but I can't remember the context. Anyway, I got a pair of those Vibram five fingers, you know... the toe shoes? They're CRAZY comfortable and the type I got is good in the water too. I love walking around barefoot, and that's what they feel like. I'm with you on the tomato-based things but not the tomatoes, unless someone has taken the time to scoop the seeds out. Also, I get that foot numbness thing on the elliptical as well. I always guessed my position was wrong. If I stand more upright on the thing, it seems to be better. The other way I get around it is curling my toes up for a few seconds while still going and that usually does the trick.

Kerry - This is actually my THIRD TIME to have braces. I've been getting treatment for this TMJ crap since I was 14. So the first time I had braces was age 15, second time I was 19, and now. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to deal with this. TMJ is painful AND expensive! Insurance doesn't cover treatment. Ugh.

Jenn - those pups are too cute! I can't stand it!

Kendal - glad to see that mysterious face, finally!

Amy - I just couldn't get into the Outlander series! Maybe I need to give it a shot, but it just wasn't happening. Italy sounds great, but I'm so sorry the hubs is going to be gone 2 more weeks!

Karen - I sneak time to read whenever I can. I'm a big advocate of bathroom reading (TMI, sorry). I also have a pdf copy of Feast For Crows that I try to sneak at lunches and stuff at work. Doctors' offices are another one. My problem is if I try to read right before bedtime, I fall asleep with the book in my face within 10 minutes. If that! One of the many great things about my BF is that he loves to read too, and sometimes (not often) we'll have lazy days where we both just sit on the couch with our books and our legs piled on top of each other. It's the bestest.

As for other stuff I noticed... I'm totally pumped about the new season of True Blood! It's been so long since the last season I can't really quite remember where it left off. I've read all the books, and it's hilarious to see how far off they've gone in some areas. I could do with a little less Tara.

Has anyone read the Dresden Files series? If not, I bet a lot of you would enjoy it. He's a wizard private detective in Chicago. The newest book in the series (#13) is coming out in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited.

Personal updates... teeth aren't too much better pain-wise. Had a kid's plate cheese enchilada for dinner last night and that was very easy to chew and didn't seem to have a negative impact on the scale this morning. Hit the Jamba Juice this morning for breakfast and I'm still working my way through the thing 3 hours later. But that's mostly because I get busy with work and forget I have the thing. The boyfriend is teasing me mercilessly about the braces... comments about feeling like a dirty old man, laughing when I smile really big. That goober.

And just a funny tidbit: when I woke the BF up this morning to sneak out to drive home for my 7am conference call he said "did you see the guy who put the coke in the microwave?" Ah... someone was still dreaming...
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Kendal and Lacey, that makes sense about just doing a modification. I'm always beating myself up in my head when I'm having a hard time doing things like a million jumps, but in reality I should just be happy I'm doing it at all! Just 2 weeks ago I couldn't do the things I can do now, so who cares if I need to make a modification here or there, right?

Karen, I added you on Goodreads! I always like checking out what kind of things people are reading so that I know what to read next.

Nava, sometimes the tapping on things and foot stomping can drive me right crazy, but you're right, seeing your man behind some drums is a nice perk. :) Tim, my BF, actually just bought a drum set last month -- he hadn't had one in years (but kept in practice with tapping, lol) because his ex wife wouldn't allow a drum set in *her* house, then when he got divorced he was in an apartment for awhile, and then when we first moved in together we were in an apartment too. We just bought a house together in April though (woohoo, we love it!), so he could FINALLY own a drum set. He definitely looks great behind them! I hadn't seen him play drums since I first met him way back when I was 16.....that's a whole other story though. :)
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Nava - Anything by Jim Butcher is something I LOVE to read. I eat those audible Dresden books up like candy. Thats cool there is another one coming out so quickly. I just listened to Changes a couple months ago and was like WOW, that DID have a ton of changes in it!!! It never gets old. The other series he wrote with Tavi is fantastic also. I also love the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison. I have a secret wish that the two writers would get together and have Harry and Rachel be a couple. LOL.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lacey: OMG - Harry & Rachel would be a fabulous couple!!! I love both the Rachel Morgan witch series and the Dresden files. Awesomeness.

Nava: My hubbs says really weird stuff like your BF when he's not quite awake. It amuses me to no end.

Well, things are moving right along for our trip to Naples. We've got plane tickets and I got a dog sitter. We always have the same old German lady watch our dog for us when we go out of town but we usually get one of our English-speaking neighbors to make the arrangements as she doesn't speak any English at all. Well, I couldn't get a hold of either of my English speaking neighbors and I wanted to make sure I could get the dog-sitter taken care of as July is rapidly approaching and I really don't have a Plan B for a dog sitter. So, I called the old German lady myself. I looked up a few key phrases on Google Translate and I have a bare-bones knowledge of German (I took a couple of years of it in college but my knowledge of German has been supplanted by my more frequent use of Spanish and Vietnamese so now my head is a horrible tangle of several languages and mostly nothing useful when I need it). Anyways - she TOTALLY understood me and I was mostly able to understand her. So - YAY- I booked my dog sitter in a foreign-freaking-language. When I got off the phone, Gabe said "I didn't know you speak German, " and I said, "I don't." Then I danced around my kitchen like a fairy.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    ok so a friend on mfp mentioned spinach and mushroom quesadillas and I want one. When I asked about the sauce/cheese, I didn't get a response. Have any of yall ever made one? What kind of sauce would you suggest using? I'm pretty sure at the mexican restaurant they use that white cheese dip.....
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    Kendal-I'm a salsa nut myself when it comes to quesadillas...esp b/c it's so low in calories! And as I make mine homemade...not so bad on the sodium either! :o)

I'll have to check my Goodreads out...to see my new friend!!

Nava-yeah, guilty of the bathroom thing too! So, no not TMI!! I'm at least good & make myself stop after one chapter (b/c I cheat & use the Kindle or get online using the Iphone when at work!) Hope the mouth gets better! Icky! I'm afraid I've got one of those "perfect" mouths. Braces lasted minimal amt of time. No cavities (one...ever). And wisdom teeth out in my early 20's. That's it. I'm not much help. :-(

Amy-yay for German dog sitting planning (did that make sense?)

I love the Kim Harrison books! I guess I'll have to read the Dresden books to get the other half of that comment! LOL! I can do it! Really, I'll find time. Somewhere. Maybe after VBS (which I still need to learn the moves for...I'll SO get exercise that week!!)

OK, work time...again! :-P
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I KNOW right? Would they not make the perfect supernatural magic fighting boyfriend/girlfriend team?? And their worlds are so similar too in the books.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Holey Moley. I don't know if I am going to be able to keep up with this thread. So, I'll start with: 1) you guys rock.
    2) I did Day 3 of 30Day Shred. 3) I didn't get on the scale today. (so far.)

i will try to pay closer attention and learn everyone's names. :) (Baby's cryin'. GTG...)
  • Laceylala
    Options
    OKay, next time there is a cool NatGeo documentary on please someone remind me to hit the record button instead of staying up until 11 to watch the damn thing. I watched one last night about a group of Amish teens who spent a month in various places and with various people in England. It was very very interesting and I couldn't stop watching it. Well today I've been dragging *kitten* all day and now my head is trying to talk myself out of working out tonight. I'm going to sub in Cardio X for Core S. Its shorter but still something. And next week when Cardio X comes up, I will do Core S instead.

EDIT: Scratch the above about working out tonight. Don't know if its the lack of sleep last night but I am way more tired than I should be for just missing one hour of sleep. I am going to lower my cal intake a bit and not work out tonight. I am also wanting to be able to hang with G and J a bit more tonight too and I think working out will only make me feel worse tomorrow. I'm sure its just allergies and lack of that one measly hour, but I am taking the night off. Week 5 of P90X starts tomorrow. I want to be fresh and ready to Bring It for the rest of the 8 weeks.
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    Wow what a great a busy community!! haha! i will need to set aside some time later on to read thru and answer somethings,, right now i really gotta get a work out in.. i ate like crap today and just said "i don't care. i'll get back on it tomorrow." but i dont want to do that! too many days like that and you know what'll happen.... so anyways, off to exercise! lol! catch up with you all lovely ladies later!
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Karen: I’m still praying about your house hunt. I had a hard time staying away from my parents when I was her age.

Khallembach: Your goals look great, good luck with your life guarding stuff.

Wigglentwink: Welcome! You can do this! Onederland will be awesome!

Victoria: You are so awesome! Your running is inspirational!

Allie: Welcome! I at first thought you were using kg for your weight and then quickly realized that there is no way your goal weight is nearly 300lbs. Haha! Good luck with your back!

Briana: Way to go, getting control of your health before your 20, that’s great!!

Anvy0530: Omgoodness! That is a lot of class. I’m just in one right now, I add another for July, and then I’ll be in 5 or 6 classes in the fall. I’m getting a B.A. in English and a minor in Journalism. I want to go to Italy so bad! I’m going to teach myself Italian one of these years.

Katie, Pam and Pinbotchick: I have that happen too, and thanks for the info!!

Tammy: Awesome job, that’s so great that you and your hubs are working out together!

I don’t think I got everyone, but I have to go! I have a story to write, laundry to do, food to make and eat, and I think I’m going to skip the gym tonight and try to get there in the morning. I didn’t sleep very much last night. Be praying for my parents’ transportation situation. I love to help out my family, but I can’t be over at their house all the time. Thanks, girls!!

Ashley
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    curious.. we're weighing in from friday to mondays right? do you all check in every day? how often do you think we should weigh in? sometimes i get frustrated checking the scale every day :)
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Manda, Ash, Pam, Nava and Kerry- Thanks for the puppy compliments!

Amy- We keep being told that. Daddy was a registered Pieball Dachshund and Mama was a mix. We love their coloring and they are so sweet!

Katie- Have to hit the magical 40 lbs! Gotta get under 300! :) I can do it! I can do it!

Manda- I weigh in on Saturday mornings. I normally do a mid-week check in just for myself and that is it. I do not get on the scale every day as I know weight fluctuates from day to day.

Hope all of you are having a great day. I had a wonderful day on calorie today and was so happy when hubby made dinner for us. It was DELICIOUS! Grilled pork chops, loaded mashed potatoes (80 calorie kind) and corn. I know it was high on the starch side but I was low on my calories! WOOT WOOT!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Aaah there have been 50 posts since I last read yesterday! Wow!

Okay, there's no way I can catch up to everyone so I'll just say welcome to all the new people :D. Also, that sucks that your husband's TDY has been extended, Amy, but so cool that you're going to Naples. Wish I lived in Europe!

Work has been absolutely freaking crazy. I have a quality system audit due on June 30th so I should be focusing 100% of my energy on that right now. Except one of my coworkers is on vacation until the 30th and apparently somehow I've ended up covering all his duties. So I've been putting in a fair bit of overtime and trying not to get burnt out. Thank goodness next week is a 4-day week up here in Canada.

Calories-wise I've been doing okay, but my food choices haven't been the greatest. Very sugary stuff and higher on the carbs and sodium than I'd like. I'm getting a decent amount of fruits & veg (I think) but I'm trying to up my protein and lower my carbs.

I'm also looking for a family doctor as I don't currently have one, I'm horrendously overdue for a physical, and my hubby and I are thinking about trying for kids in a year or so.

I pretty much nearly killed myself working out today. My husband had to help me up off the floor after I finished my cool down :P. Tired.