5'1" ladies, what are your goals?

Options

Replies

• cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I weigh 304. My goal is 170.
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal weight is 120 and then see from there. I am currently losing each week after the first 3 of nothing, so I am excited. I also remember being 115 in college and thinking I was fat. Ugh... my first goal is 125 though, I am going to be so excited to even get there.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    hi im 5.1 i started at 140llbs and now down to 117, i dont have a goal weight anymore i dont rely on the scales, i want to fit in size 6 jeans and just feel happy with my figure when i look in the mirror, my original goal weight was what im at now. I still dont feel quite there even though ive hit it, ill know when im at the right size
  • jackrokal
    jackrokal Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and right now I set my goal for about 120, but as I get closer it might change!
  • aliruberto
    aliruberto Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I want to weigh 115. I started MFP weighing 48 lbs, and I currently weigh 37 lbs. I want to get into the 120s by the end of summer!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" My start weight was 188lbs My goal for now is 120lbs
    depending on how i feel and look there i may change my
    mind when the time gets here!
  • LightningBoltGirl
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight seems to be a lot less than everyone else! I feel bad now. I am 127 now and my goal weight is 110.. I think my problem is more toning and loose skin from having 2 kids. Also the fact that my husband weights 110 and is 3" taller than me and a man and I was 104 and much smaller than him when i got pregnant.. I think I also chose 110 because I know I will have lazy times or it will be the holidays and I will gorge myself and have to start again so I don't want to have to be super concerned about those times. I am hoping to reach my goal by august 2012 when my lady friend and I have a girls trip to Puerto Rico planned and I want to wear a 2 piece!
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I have an enormous apetite. I always feel like i'm eating more than everybody else. At the moment I weigh 147 and my goal weight is 125.

I have a huge appetite too!!! I can eat sooooo much food. I'm almost always up for dessert when everyone else is totally stuffed haha.
  • kbarlo10
    kbarlo10 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im 5'1 and righ now im 123-125. My goal weight is to be 105-110 i used to be that before my son so i know its possible :)
  • shaunalynnskater
    Options
    I'm 23 years old, 5'0", 5'1" on a good day, 5'4" in great high heels. ;) I started at 157, went up to 160 and now am down to 155.8.

I figure skate and have a goal to start competing in September. I started doing MFP about a month/month and a half ago and while I've only lost 1 pound, I have lost an inch on my hips and an inch on my waist, and I definitely cut back on food. I was eating way too much. I track almost everything (I leave a little wiggle room for tiny snacks like a pinch of granola and such when I crave it) and I've definitely toned up. My stomach is flatter and because of a combination of figure skating and yoga I've toned up like crazy and I look much thinner in the mirror. I think fat is being replaced with muscle.

My ultimate goal was 110, but right now I'm focusing on getting to 120. At 120 I am finally getting my tattoos that I've been talking about getting for 5 years now. :)
  • kagenomichi
    kagenomichi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' but I like to say 5'0'' when I want to make myself sound taller! ;) Since I'm so short every little pound shows... I'm not very active and I've never been a big eater but when I got serious about slimming down I learned just how many calories were really in the things I do eat! It was crazy to learn how quickly the soda calories alone add up let alone everything else. I was averaging around 120 which sounds so low but I had a pudgy stomach I was always trying hide. I'm just about at my goal but need to work on exercising more to achieve the magical flat tummy! <3
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have been overweight all my life. I'm thinking 160 will be a good healthy weight for me. I don't think I've been down there since 8th or 9th grade :-)
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'1.5" and my ideal weight would be 140-135... I am gonna get there slowly but surely... :)
  • bellyshelly
    bellyshelly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back on track after a rough year, bad divorce. I gained 10 pounds and have been working out but inconsistently. I am back as of today! I am going to do aerobic exercise 3 to 4 days a week and strength training 3 days per week. I am going to eat clean and watch my wine intake!
  • JHR323
    JHR323 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5' and 5'1" and my goal is 110 for now, ultimately about 105. Is it hard for anyone else or is it just me? I've been losing and gaining the same 2lbs for the last 3 months, and it doesnt want to go lower than 115lbs... :grumble:

I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 5'0" and have been fluctuating between 116 - 114 with a goal of 110 and ultimately 105. How many cals are you eating? Do you eat back your exercise cals? I just started eating close to 1000 - 1200 and not eating back my exercise cals. It seems to be working. The scale read 113 this morning. I'm only going to eat this way for about 6 weeks otherwise, I feel as if eating like this for an extended period of time could put me into starvatio mode. However, to jump start my WL again, it seems to be helping!
  • Rosemarose
    Rosemarose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 with a medium frame and my current goal for a "happy" weight is 120-125. My "ideal" weight would be 115-118. I couldn't imagine myself being smaller than that. I don't have a small frame, so less than 115 seems very unrealistic to me (although I wouldn't complain if I got there :wink:).

That's me too..I'm 5'2 1/2" and 120 is the happy weight. 115 is the ideal. I don't really have a small frame but I start to look gaunt when I get lower. I would like to reach the 115 and stay there. no yo-yoing!
  • JenFer5
    JenFer5 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal weight is 130 :)
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I really would just like to have a waist! I think my babies may have ruined that possibility, lol. My waist now is 27.5 and hips are 33. Sigh.
  • aprilgetsfit
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I am trying to get down to 125 for the moment. I am 43 and that seems a reasonable goal for me, the mom of 3, at this stage of life. When I get there I will re-evaluate and see if I can shoot for a more ideal weight according to the world at large...but for women over 40...I don't know if 105-115 is an achieveable goal! Maybe I can prove myself wrong on that count!

I have been focusing more on being fit than actual scale weight. I have gained a lot of muslce since I started working out in earnest in March--and muscle does weight more than fat. I am more muscular, less flabby, and my tummy area is flattening out for the first time since I had my first pregnancy. This is no mean feat for a woman who had 3 sections in less than 4 years in her mid-30s! Did I mention I am also hypothyroid? That makes it even harder to lose.

I have found that diet alone is not enough for me when it comes to weight loss. I MUST excercise regularly and with purpose. I participate in Les Mills BodyCombat and BodyPump - taking each class 3x a week (on average--I do occassionally miss or add a class--or try to make it up with some other form of excercise). I found the strength training alone was not effective for me and I am doing much better with the BodyCombat added to my regimen.

I would like to drop another clothing size (I am presently an 8) and get my tummy flatter... I have really reduced my tummy alot...but there is still a lot of room for improvement!
  • kecmorgan
    kecmorgan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weigh in at 180.. this is down from my highest weight ever of 203 lbs. I carry my weight well and don't feel like my body would look healthy at the lower end of my healthy weight. My goal is to be between 135-145, wherever I look the healthiest.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!