Options

Replies

• JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey, Teach 'nRun!
    I hear you on being busy!

Life getting in a way of fitness - we like that not at all! :wink:

I am glad you are not doing doubles, though. I was wondering about that and seemed too much -
    on top of everything else you need to do!!!!

I hate to overtrain...:mad:

I am back to more of a 40/30/30 proportion. I realised I need carbs in the morning, for sure. Eating protein only seems to mess me up.

This is only my first round of X so I will play around and find my way with food.

I was expecting my abs to hurt something fierce. I barely feel anything. :huh:

Probably 1 day delay. :laugh:

Are you feeling soreness?

Keep bringing!
  • mamad122
    mamad122 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My hubby started P90X 2 weeks ago and he LOVES it! I am a Turbo Jam but I'm thinking of going X eventually! I just wanted to say that I LOVE Tony's quote!! (I watch my hubby workout lol)
    Jenny,
    If you like Slim Series, you will love the X.
    There are so many different routines that you won't get bored.
    Yes, they are challenging and maybe you won't be able to do them perfectly at first, you may have to modify...I still do and I have done 2 rounds...
    You will notice when you make improvements and celebrate them.
    As Tony would say "Do your best and forget the rest"!

Have fun with the workouts!

Licia
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    YAH!
    This one cracks me up every time:

'my head weights 600 pounds and not a thing in it!"

think because Tony talks so much, I am having trouble keeping counts of my repts!

I did a little better yesterday, but cought myself greening at his blubbler and not counting!

Got to love the man, but boy, he talks more than my husband!!!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms-DONE! I like this one better than back and chest. Must be the dang pull ups and push ups, which I need!

I was a bit sore the first time with shoulders and arms. Never sore from the abs, which I am wondering about. I certainly have trouble doing all the reps :noway:

Legs- a different story. I was WAY sore!!!! For days!!! I am debating doing that work out on Friday, as I don't want to mess up my race.

Mamad: I enjoy Turbo Jam, too, but this is such a different workout. Give it a try.

I also enjoy Tony's chatter. I accidently hit , music and cues only. I got lonely and restarted :tongue:

Keep PP girls!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    TeachNrun!
    we are AB freaks, you are! LOL!

I need to do Yoga!
    NOW!!!

I mean RIGHT NOW!!!

I was hungry, grabbed an apple, so now that's settling nicely in the tummy, off I go (I want to watch TV, whaw!)

Laters!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Ab Ripper X-done!
    How was yoga?
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone else gets distracted by his comments but it make the workout fun. You don't realize how much work your doing until it's done. I found that if I count loudly it helps keep me on track -- sounds silly but it works for me :laugh:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Ab Ripper X-done!
    How was yoga?

Looong! :laugh: but, really, I love it!!
    It is really easier to do Yoga at night.

How was Ab-X?
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    I'm glad someone else gets distracted by his comments but it make the workout fun. You don't realize how much work your doing until it's done. I found that if I count loudly it helps keep me on track -- sounds silly but it works for me :laugh:

Good idea!
    I should employ it!

PIB - are you doing X or TMT?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Back & Biceps plus Ab ripper X and Ten Minute Trainer Abs done!! I worked out w/ my dh and we had an awesome workout!! :wink:

Keep bringin' it! You'll keep getting stronger and stronger!

Jess
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    Jenny, this week unfortunately I had to go back to the Treadclimber per doctors orders. I have back and knee problems so my Ortho MD has advised me to switch back an forth for awhile until my body get's used to the extreme workout. She doesn't have a problem with me doing the program but feels I jumped in thinking I was 16 instead of 40. :laugh: So for the next 4 weeks I will be alternating from Treadclimber one week to P90X the next. Thanks for asking. How's your workout going and how long have you been doing the P90X?
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hi, Jess!

Say your DH I said HI!!!!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    PIB!

I am in my second week!

Soulds like you have a very good Ortho MD!

I wish I had one to tell me what to do!

Slow and steady winds the race!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi, Jess!

Say your DH I said HI!!!!

I will! He is rockin' the pullups and doing awesome! This is his 2nd round, and my 5th! LOVE P90X!!!!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Holy Batman, Jess! You have been a busy girl! I wish my DH would work out with me. I thought that was the purpose of P90X. He has been on the treadmill a bit and he tried to join me with Ab Ripper. He made it through 2 sets. So, he's moving in the right direction.

Ab Ripper was good. The exercises that get me are the V up/ reach up combo thing and the last one with the knuckles. There is one other that I can't think of.

Best of luck, Evil. Sounds like you have a good doc!
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    Holy Batman, Jess! You have been a busy girl! I wish my DH would work out with me. I thought that was the purpose of P90X. He has been on the treadmill a bit and he tried to join me with Ab Ripper. He made it through 2 sets. So, he's moving in the right direction.

Ab Ripper was good. The exercises that get me are the V up/ reach up combo thing and the last one with the knuckles. There is one other that I can't think of.

Thanks, having a supportive MD does make a difference because they will tell you when you are being stupid... LOL:smile:
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    PIB!

I am in my second week!

Soulds like you have a very good Ortho MD!

I wish I had one to tell me what to do!

Slow and steady winds the race!
    That is so true, slow & steady win's the race. I believe a lot of people jump in like I did and get hurt or discourage because they can't finish a workout.
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Morning!

I was tired and my contractor totally stood in my way of working out.
    Can't spit against the wind: this week I exercise in the evening, so be it.

Legs and back tonight!

Feeling heavy and scale reflects it too - almost 140 pounds today, like 2-3 pounds of water weight!!!!

Just sharing with you so you can observe if you have similar weight fluctuation - SO DON'T PANIC ABOUT IT!!!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hi, Teach! :flowerforyou:

Hi, PIB - replied to your e-mail, but will check for more info later in the day. :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

That's me. :laugh: It took me a while for my dh to join me also. He only joins me on the weight workouts, I can't get him to do Kenpo or Yoga. A few years ago he tried TaeBo w/ me and it was hilarious!!! He has NO coordination!!! :laugh: At least he's using the TM and doing ARX!!

It was yoga for me this morning and I'll swim laps while my dd's are at swimming lessons tonight!

Jess