Options

good morning!

Time to bring it!

Leg and back/ab ripper!

Woo-hoo!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,367 Member
    Options
    Legs and Back for me also. I love this one! Just curious to see if I will be as sore as I was last time!

I had trouble with getting my workout done this morning: computer automatically restarted for updates in the middle of my stretches (I play the dvds on my laptop), the sound was out for awhile, had to stop for a bit and help DH find his keys because he couldn't on his own (this morning, the D didn't stand for DEAR :wink: ) I was a bit grumpy anyway, because I came home from a meeting at 9:15 last night to find half-eaten supper dishes out, cracker crumbs all over the counter, and empty cracker sleeve laying out, and finger nail polish bottles spread out around the bathroom, coats and backpacks on the floor. I think my family was abducted by alien PIGS :explode: :grumble:

I am off for a girls' weekend with my sister, mother, aunt, and cousin as soon as I get off work and the car loaded. We will be staying in a little town in MN along the Mississippi River. I hope there are some colors left! I think I need this time away, even though my stress level says stay home, stay on the workout plan, get report cards done, clean your house!!

Sorry to be the downer today. Hope everyone else is in a better mood! :ohwell:
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    TeachNR!

Don't apologise! We put a lot of effort to carve time for exercise, and I think I would be upset too if others in my family did not do their part!
    And this is where we vent!
    Venting is healthy!

Enjoy you weekend with girls! You totally deserve it! You need to recharge and come back full of new energy and new prespective on things!

Love your new piture too - you are so lovely!

Have ooodles of fun!

Love,
    Jenny
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    it's funny. Usually my DH leaves before I WO, but when he is still there, he distracts me BIG TIME!
    He mumbles all the time and sometimes asks me questions, and I keep puasing DVD and checking if that just mumble or something important he saz.
    maaaaan!
    :laugh:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,367 Member
    Options
    Hellow P90X'ers! How was everyone's weekend? I don't see any posting.

I had a nice ladies' weekend. I didn't track calories or workout, so I'm afraid of the scale today. Did KempoX this a.m. Should be yoga, but it is an early to school day, so I'm switching the two around.

What is up for everyone else?
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Good morning!

Wow, it is Monday already!

I went for a run! I feel great!

I miss running, but I will only run during recovery weeks while doing X.

So, let's see....

Weekend was crazy because we finally unpacked and washed and organized our kitchen.

That took all of Saturday and I even forgot to eat lunch.

On Sunday we went shopping again for the rest of appliances we needed for the apartment downstairs.

It was the last big shopping, we are done with that too. Thankfully!!

After that we went to my parents - it was my mom's and grandma's Birthday!!!

My grandma turned 93! She is soo cool! I only want to live til 93 if I am like her!

The highlight for me though was that my uncle and another aunt asked for diet help. And they were serious with it.

So I set them up with Myfitnesspal accounts.

All I can say: alleluia! I am happy to help, and.boy, does my uncle need help!!!

Actually, all of my family is clueless about nutrition.

It was so frustrating talking to them before - all the excuses, so typical of people in denial!

all the "I don't have time", "I can't eat that".

But this time it was different. No commitment yet, but sure sign of interest and willingness to listen, if not act.

I was in 7th heaven (but did not show it, of cause).

Can't interfere with free will, you know, but when tide is turning - it is turning!!!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I started P90x back in September but after a month I stopped due to a hectic schedule and lack of motivation. Now I'm working 2 jobs and the holidays are coming but I feel like it's time to dust of my cd's and bring the X back into my life. I had a great day 1 today and can't wait to hit the 90 days this time. Every morning after my workout I just feel so strong and inspired to make better choices concerning my health. I'll be checking in here to see what you guys are up to!

:flowerforyou:
  • samsin08
    Options
    Hello!
    I am new and love this thread!!!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hey, Samsin! Welcome
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hey, Rach!
    Jump on the wagon!

I know what you mean about feeling strong and inspired!

I feel like I am in control of my body, and feel like my day is not waisted as long as I BRING IT!!!!

Whoo-hoo! so happe to have you along for the ride!!!

Love,
    JG
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Yoga X in the books!
    I feel like I can fly, I am so light!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I feel kinda bummed that I only made it half way through Plyo before I called it quits. I was extremely tired this morning but that's no excuse. Well anyway, my abs are sore from the pushups yesterday and I can already feel the effects of my bit of Plyo this morning...whoohoo! I'll be sure to do the whoooole thing next week!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    RachV - better half than none at all!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    RachV - better half than none at all!

I guess so. I did burn 300 calories in the half hour! :flowerforyou:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    WOW! that's a lot!
    I don;t use HRM, so were you like going full steam, than?
    Seems a lot!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Oh yea...my HR was up there!!! I stopped because I started feeling sick and dizzy! I was giving it my all though. Plyo always burns a lot for me...I only burnt 260 during the hour of Chest and Back.
  • lschoone
    Options
    I started P90x back in August but also stopped because of schedules and he injured his shoulder. But my husband and I are getting back on track tonight. I am excited to do the videos since I know its hard work and I feel differently after I do them. I have just been so lethargic lately.

Just trying to get back into it again.
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hi, LSchoone - welcome!

A suggestion - since you DH was injured, maybe you two should look into Lean version - more aerobic, less pushups for this round?

I am doing it and beleeeeeeeeeeave me, I am working plenty hard :wink:

XOX
  • lschoone
    Options
    That's a really good idea. I just hope we stick with it this time. I always have problems staying motivated and finding the time.

But one day at a time! Nice to have a place to turn to though and get motivated!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Oh yea...my HR was up there!!! I stopped because I started feeling sick and dizzy! I was giving it my all though. Plyo always burns a lot for me...I only burnt 260 during the hour of Chest and Back.

Just remember that 300 you are burning in a half hour of plyo or the 260 you are burning in chest and back is ONLY what you are burning during exercise. Because those are exercises using your anaerobic energy system well over half of the calories burned will be burned after exercise and up two 48 hours later. Over all you are over a thousand calories burned as a result of that kind of intense voluntary exercise :smile: Dig that!