Starting P90X!

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yea it makes me happy when I think of it that way! Tomorrow morning will be Shoulders&Arms and ARx...can't wait! :drinker: P90x does a really good job of warming me up when my house is freezing at 4:30am too... :laugh:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Rachel, LSchoone, and Samsin!

I did a three mile run this a.m. First run since my race a week ago. Like you, Jenny, I'm only going to run during these rest weeks. Did the balance poses for yoga. I have a difficult time finding a 90 minute block of time to get that in!
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    hi, teachnrun!

90 min is loooongish :wink:

I kinda dread it in the beginning, but boy am I happy when I am done!!!!

I am wokring from home tomorrow - should be fun, and will be able to come out on board more!

need to get my ZZZzz in!

Sweet dreams, determined X-rs and MFP citizens!

XOXO

Jenny
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I decided to sleep in a little this morning and give my body the rest it deserves, so I'll do Shoulders & Arms and ARx after work today. I kept waking up on and off last night because the wind is so strong, I swear it's going to blow our house away! :laugh: Well I'm off too make a smoothie and finish getting ready for work! :flowerforyou:
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I woke stiff and hungry.
    Since I am working from home, I can do Kenpo in the afternoon, when my body a bit more awake.

I hope the construction at home won't bit into my day too much!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Rachel and Jenny: Did you get those afternoon workouts in?

I also slept in. Just finished Core Syn. Wow! What a workout !!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Yea I got my Shoulders & arms in...skipped the bonus round though, and completely forgot about ARx. Well Yoga tomorrow! I usually only last 30min with it because downward dog KILLS my wrists, but I'm trying different techniques to make it easier. I'm shooting for an hour this time.
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Rachel: I found the first 50 minutes difficult to get through also. And, for me, 90 minutes at one time for a workout can be difficult to get in on a week day.

I'm supposed to do yoga tomorrow also. I'd like to run, though. Finally, the weather is decent! :happy:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! I'm still bringin' it. Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's done last night w/ my dh!

Ran 4 miles this morning. :bigsmile:

Jess
  • tbanking
    tbanking Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is the first I have heard of P90X. How advanced do you have to be to start it? I am currently doing hip hop abs, turbo jams, and zumba, and love them all. Would I be ready for this or not?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    This is the first I have heard of P90X. How advanced do you have to be to start it? I am currently doing hip hop abs, turbo jams, and zumba, and love them all. Would I be ready for this or not?

HHA, TJ, and Zumba are all cardio based programs. P90X is an awesome weight training (with cardio) program if you're looking to gain some muscle and lose fat!! If you're new to lifting weights, it is TOUGH! Pushups, pullups, weight training, etc. But if you're looking for results, it's an awesome program! (my favorite BB program!)

Jess
  • staceyh38
    Options
    I am new to MFP. I started 10 min. workout for 3 weeks, I usually do 3 x 10 min workouts. I am ready to increase my workout time to more (maybe 50 min to 1 hr). I am getting bored with TMT, but is too afriad of the P90X. Any suggestions on what I should do??
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Hello! Where has everyone been?!?

Jenny: How is the remodeling project going? Were you able to get your Kenpo in during your work from home day?

I did the complete Yoga X in one sitting for the first time every Saturday. Once I get through the first 50 minutes, I'm set!

Did some running over the weekend too. It felt wonderful and the weather was so nice! :love:

This morning was Chest, shoulders and tris for the first time. I'm shakin' big time!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Today is Chest & Back/ARx after work! :drinker:
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know that I too am a P90X grad! I am at the end of Round 5! I am 46 and in the best shape ever in my whole life. I started P90X just like you! Do not get discouraged. You will get better and the muscles will start popping if you just do your best. You are not expected to be an expert. I am at the end of Round 5 and still have room to improve. If you eat clean and do the workouts as scheduled you will see progress in no time at all. At 6 months, I went from a size 14 to a size 5. In February I won the transformation contest for 40-49 yr old women and won $1000! I now have muscular arms, chest, back and ripped abs. It can and will happen! Just do your best and forget the rest! It takes commitment to working out and eating right. You can and will succeed!

Tena
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Welcome, Tena! You look fantastic! I am just starting Phase 2, I'm not seeing dramatic results yet, but I'm hoping to in these next 30 days.

Today I did Plyo and ARX, since I didn't get abs in yesterday. Plenty of energy to get through a day of teaching and an evening of parent teacher conferences!

Rachel, did you get your WO in yesterday?

Jenny, where are you?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I started my workout yesterday, but then my bf came home and we had some issues with some bills to take care of and next thing I know it's bedtime. Ugh. Then I slept through my 4:30 alarm so I'm not going to get home from my other job til 10ish. So I don't know if Plyo is gonna happen today. I have the same schedule tomorrow so unless I get up early I won't get it in then either. Ugh I hate days I work both jobs! :yawn:
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks 515! With P90X it is kinda strange.... One day you will see nothing and the next day, after you get out of the shower, you will see a new muscle that formed. I still see results even in Round 5. I noticed even more definition in my abs. I do the P90X, P90X+ and 1 on 1 workouts! I kinda just change it around for even more muscle confusion. I never get bored with the program either! Tonight is P90X Plyometrics. Can't wait!!!

Hope everyone has a great workout today!

Tena
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Great job, everyone! I brought it hard w/ Chest & Back last night and I am feelin' it today! My dh worked out w/ me, love it!

Keep it up!

Jess
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Sooo I'm starting to get more hours at my 2nd job now that it's November so next week I'll be working 65+ hrs. This completely throws off my X schedule. On weekdays when I work both jobs I have to be up by 6:30 and I'll be home 10:30 at the earliest so after adding in a shower and a meal there's nooo way I can get 8 hours of sleep and if I cut it down to less than 6hrs to accomodate the X in the morning I'll be falling asleep at Job 1. So my plan is to follow the schedule but do it on weekdays when I work 1 job and weekends. I don't want to go completely without because I really need to get healthy, and I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?