Ripped In 30 - July Challenge

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    What are you guys doing next???I don't know what I will be doing?Maybe going back for another round of Turbo Fire or 30 DAy Shred,Or another Jillian micheals DVD?? I Need some ideas!:smile:
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What are you guys doing next???I don't know what I will be doing?Maybe going back for another round of Turbo Fire or 30 DAy Shred,Or another Jillian micheals DVD?? I Need some ideas!:smile:

I was thinking about starting Insanity or maybe Shred It with Weights! But I haven't decided yet!
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Results:
    No change in my measurements. But I lost 6lbs! I honestly think it's close to 7 but I want to make sure it isn't a fluke so I'll say 6 for now. I'm going back to week 1 and I'm going to do it for a month and try to master the advanced version for each weight. It was great working with you gals!
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey all! I've still been Ripping, just not posting as often! I did W2D4 on the 30th and I'm on to W2D5 tonight when I get home. I laugh and shake my head whenever she goes after Shelly's butt! What is her obsession with that woman's tush??!! :laugh:

I'm still getting a decent burn, but does anyone else find that it stinks to not burn as much the more pounds you drop? It's a good thing :happy: but I have to do more to get the same numbers. :tongue:
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    Finished W4D5 yesterday! Can't believe I completed the entire dvd! I usually start great, but not finish. Thank you everyone for keeping me motivated. I only lost 1lb, but did lose 11.5 inches overall. I would have loved to lose more weight, but do know that the inches are awesome! I did finally drop a dress size. I ordered the 30 day shred yesterday, so plan to start that in a week. I am going to look at netflix and on demand to keep me busy this week. Soooo grateful to all of you!!!! :)
  • preciousnd98
    preciousnd98 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of Ripped in 30 and HOLY CRAP it's tough!! definitely eat before doing this workout. The first time I did this week, was first thing in the morning before breakfast (which Jillian is against - she said so in a podcast) and I had to sit down because I thought I might pass out!

She is? Crap. That's the only time I have to do it, and if I eat first I'll probably throw up :os I can normally get through it, so long as I have a glass of icy water to hand.

Did she say why we shouldn't do it first thing?

Sorry for a late response on this - I didn't have access to the boards while i was on vacation and was trying to keep up with just my phone… I think the basic reason that Jillian and most trainers will tell you to eat first is because the body goes into "starvation" mode if you skip breakfast or start your day without eating first. I have heard from multiple sources that you should eat something within the first 30 minutes you are up to get your metabolism jump started. I honestly don't know how you do work out without eating first - that makes me feel lightheaded and weak! If I am exercising first thing, I will eat something small - a piece of peanut butter toast or a Nutri-Grain bar or something like that just to get something in my stomach. Then an hour or so later I will eat a "real" breakfast.

So I have had an entire week off and I left off halfway through W4. I think I will go back to W3 today and do another week of that and then continue back to W4 for about 10 days. Not ready to give up Jillian just yet and need to get back on track TODAY!!
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I guess that all makes sense, just never been much of a breakfast person, I find it really hard to eat anything first thing, exercise or no. Oh well :os

I've been off for a week too, had friends over from the US and haven't had time to do anything so Jillian got left n the shelf for a week, so although I'm meant to have started week 4, I'm going to start back at week 1 and do a day at each level before hitting week 4 at the end of this week... Didn't do it this morning though, couldn't sleep last night so zombified this morning, too busy watching the news and seeing the scum of the earth torch my home town :,o(