Ripped In 30 - July Challenge

Options

Replies

• jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 2 done. I feel pretty good other than my calves are sore. I cant wait to do it again tom. It is amazing that in the last two months my resting heart rate has dropped to 70 and below. Thank you Jillian and thank you to everyone who is doing this challenge.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation and Ripped again today - W1D5. So is it 6 days of each we're supposed to do, one day of rest and then switch to the next level?

That's what I'm doing, but I might switch to three days on, one day off for weeks 3 and 4, two sets of each. This doesn't make sense for timing necessarily, but I am in a LOT of ("good") pain. It seems to be tapering off, though.

W2D4 finished for me today!
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Dear God she is killer, I just did wk2 d1 those plank jacks into mountain climbers, feeling the burn
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't even know if I posted to this thread before, but if I didn't I am now, lol!! I just finished W1,L1, Day 3 of Ripped (just started it 3 days ago).

:noway: I have to do all the modified exercises and cannot get through "running man" nor the "butt kicks" and the side lunges are messin' with my left knee, BUT I'm committed to doing it every day (with one rest day) until I master ALL the exercises in W1, L1 before I ever move on to L2.

I figure if I keep moving, even with the exercised I can't do yet, it's still something, and something is way better than nothing. It is so hard for me. When JM says she has 300 and 400 lb people doing the running man and the butt kicks, I give them my blessing and am so impressed as I am half that, and as yet to make it through it!! I must be so out of shape, sometimes I feel bad for not being able to finish through even the first level, but I'm not giving up. Anyone else feel that way?
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    W2D6 done! I think I'm going to watch Level 3 tonight to decide whether or not I want to continue onto level 3 or keep going with level 2. I felt like I had a really good workout today in comparison to yesterday. Still doing the modified versions of the plank jacks and mountain climbers, yet they still kiiiiiiill me on the 2nd minute.
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69
    Options
    I don't even know if I posted to this thread before, but if I didn't I am now, lol!! I just finished W1,L1, Day 3 of Ripped (just started it 3 days ago).

:noway: I have to do all the modified exercises and cannot get through "running man" nor the "butt kicks" and the side lunges are messin' with my left knee, BUT I'm committed to doing it every day (with one rest day) until I master ALL the exercises in W1, L1 before I ever move on to L2.

I figure if I keep moving, even with the exercised I can't do yet, it's still something, and something is way better than nothing. It is so hard for me. When JM says she has 300 and 400 lb people doing the running man and the butt kicks, I give them my blessing and am so impressed as I am half that, and as yet to make it through it!! I must be so out of shape, sometimes I feel bad for not being able to finish through even the first level, but I'm not giving up. Anyone else feel that way?

I feel EXACTLY the same way!! But, if you listen close, she tells us the key - we just have to do it SLOWER. By going slower on the running man and butt kicks and fast feet, too for that matter, I can make it all the way through. That makes me feel better than trying to go as fast as the girls and having to just step in place half way through or die! I've slowly been getting faster at it, but pace myself particularly on the first round of each.

I just finished W1D6. I was going to stay at level one, but since everyone is saying how much they like level 2 so much better I have decided I have to find out what it's all about tomorrow!! Lookin' forward to it!

After doing ri30 tonight, my hubby and I went for a walk - in the rain!!! It was fun! We are totally not "romantic" people, and it wasn't romantic because it was pitch black outside (we live in the country) and one time he reached out an smacked my sunburned shoulder - I was like, "what, did I have a mosquito?" He's like "I was trying to see if your shirt was wet, but I missed." ROFL He's so funny! My tank was soaked!! My hubby doesn't like to exercise and we've been married for 10.5 yrs and we haven't exercised together since we were dating...but for some reason he decided he wanted to start walking with me - we've been going each evening for 2 or 3 miles. Every since I took first at that 5K...he was very proud of me for that and I think *maybe* I inspired him???!!!! Whatever it was that came over him - I'm SO HAPPY!!!! For him, for me - it's been an unbelievable blessing for me!

Will check in tomorrow if W2D1 doesn't kill me first! :laugh: :noway:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    quote: "I feel EXACTLY the same way!! But, if you listen close, she tells us the key - we just have to do it SLOWER. By going slower on the running man and butt kicks and fast feet, too for that matter, I can make it all the way through. That makes me feel better than trying to go as fast as the girls and having to just step in place half way through or die! I've slowly been getting faster at it, but pace myself particularly on the first round of each."end quote

I will have to try it this way tonight and see if it makes difference with me. Thanks for the tip!! I appreciate it! Good luck with your ripped workout today!:smile:
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    W3D1 done! I decided to move on to week 3. It's still very hard for me, but think it will be better. I still struggle, but believe I am able to actually do more of these moves which gives me a better workout. Right now I think I will continue this week throught next week as well. Just happy that I'm actually planning to exercise next week as well as this one! Don't any of us quit now! When does the fun kick in?! :)
  • cheshirechic
    Options
    W3D1 done! I decided to move on to week 3. It's still very hard for me, but think it will be better. I still struggle, but believe I am able to actually do more of these moves which gives me a better workout. Right now I think I will continue this week throught next week as well. Just happy that I'm actually planning to exercise next week as well as this one! Don't any of us quit now! When does the fun kick in?! :)

The fun kicks in when Jillian shows up at our doorstep with the Quarter Test! :D

(W2D5 done, plus "cardio" yoga! Feeling much better and motivated.)
  • preciousnd98
    preciousnd98 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

The fun kicks in when Jillian shows up at our doorstep with the Quarter Test! :D

:laugh: Lock the doors and hide the quarters!!

Also completed W2D5 today. Feeling better about Week 2. Just in time to move on to Week 3 and start the suffering all over!

Oh, and thank you all for suffering along with me (and giving me this idea). it is really helping to keep me motivated - I am almost halfway through and have only missed my rest day! That is unheard of for me!!
  • itslillers
    Options
    I started Level 3 today! At some point, I thought my arms were going to fall off. The bright side? I'm starting to see progress in my arms! I will definitely take my measurements soon just to verify my eyes haha.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Rest day today - thank goodness! Did W1 D4 yesterday and was so knackered I didn't make it to badminton in the evening :grumble: I'm finding this so intensive on the arms - I feel like the planks aren't really working anything else because I'm working so hard on just holding myself up! 3 more days of W2 (decided I'm going to have to pace myself or I'll collapse!) - or maybe 4 as the day i'm meant to start W3 I'll have juust stayed over at a friend's and will most likely be hungover :ohwell:

Also decided to cut down on my carbs as although my muscle is toning quite happily, the fat is stubborn stubborn stubborn, and I know that feeds off my carbs (I love carbs - this is going to be hard for me!) Trying to up the protein and not forget those essential fats, plus lots of non-starchy veg. I hate dieting, much rather eat what I want and burn it off, but I know full well it works best when you combine the two. This allows me to go to al my bbqs and eat as many burgers as I like... but no buns ;o)
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    W1D6 completed last night after work. This morning I ran and my hips were really sore and I'm blaming that on Ripped! I have a 5k Saturday morning and I don't want to rip again before then, so I'll start Week 2 on Saturday night or Sunday morning. I'm anxious to do Level 2 after hearing you all talk about it!
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    W3D2 done! I am liking week 3 more than week 2. If you can really call it "like"! This week is killing my arms and legs, but I am able to do the moves better. Even the butt lift is better. I took the advice of Preciousnd98 in using my weights under my hands. (thank you!) I'm finding that week 3 seems to go by much faster. Just when I think I've had it - it's time to cool down. Yay! Ripped in 30 is completely tearing me up, but it feels so good to have it done. I seriously cannot thank all of you enough in keeping me motivated to do this each day. :)

From Cheshirechic - The fun kicks in when Jillian shows up at our doorstep with the Quarter Test! :D LOL!

From Preciousnd98 - Lock the doors and hide the quarters!! Definitely!!!

Thanks for keeping me laughing through the pain!!! :)
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey all! I'm still alive. I just took some time off because of a nasty tummy bug I got. :frown: I have every intention of starting right back up tonight, though! :smooched:
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I was thinking yesterday ... God I'm so glad I don't have to workout with her in person. I would die!!!
  • itslillers
    Options
    I think I'm taking a rest day today. Level 3 really (literally) kicked my *kitten* and now my lower body has been paying for it today. I don't think I can complete Day 2 until tomorrow, but I will definitely try and give it a go later in the evening.
  • preciousnd98
    preciousnd98 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Got through W2D6 today. Tomorrow will be a rest day, but mostly for my joints. I have found that my hips and elbows (and occasionally wrists) have hurt some this week from the planks. I know week 3 will kick my butt, but I will be so glad to see mountain climbers and the plank squat jump things in cardio circuit 2 gone. Mountain climbers are literally my least favorite exercise out there!
  • cheshirechic
    Options
    Precious -- I'm in the exact same place. Finished W2D6 today, and resting tomorrow. Very glad to be done with everything in plank position: my wrists are SO over it, and my ankles are so over jump-rope, haha.

AND...I'm ordering my wedding dress tomorrow. EEK. Let's hope they'll have loads of inches to take in when it arrives in (probably) January/February!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 done. I am so glad that tom is a rest day, my legs are so sore. I think that I will do level two for a extra day or two. I did lose about 1.25 inches this week, mostly in my legs and arms so that was nice.