Ripped In 30 - July Challenge

Options

Replies

• ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    were can i get the cd pls

I brought mines on Amazon. They might also have them at any place you can buy dvds.
  • alidov78
    alidov78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    were can i get the cd pls

walmart - target - best buy,etc
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Time to Rip it!!
    I know it's the 1st already, and I likely won't be able to start until tomorrow (the 2nd) but I'm willing to do this. I got the DVD over a month ago and haven't even taken the DVD out of the case. :blushing: I have almost all Jillian's DVDs, but I only really like one (Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism). Hopefully I'll like Ripped in 30 as well. :happy:
    ferrferr... BFBM's a good one. I enjoy Jillian without weights. Haha. :happy: As long as you start tomorrow, latest, you're gonna be fine! :drinker: :wink: No pressure.
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Ripped W1D1 is DONE! Burned 300 calories including the cool down.
    I meant to measure this morning and forgot. I'll do it tomorrow morning and post my **gulp** measurements.

Let's hear how everybody did today!
  • criscros08
    criscros08 Posts: 35
    Options
    I started this morning july first and just found this group! I m in!!! lets get ripped! So exited. Hope I ll make it!
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    W1D1 Finished!!

I burned 289 calories not including the cool down.

SM:
    Hips: 41in
    Waist: 36in
    Bust: 37.5in
    Chest: 34in
    Arms: 13.5in
    Thighs: 25in

SW: 164lb
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hey all...
    Ok, I just finished 30ds, I haven't taken my "after" pictures yet, but I will do that and post.

For now, here are my starting & finishing measurements for that. (Finishing measurements also being my starting measurements for RI30)

30DS
    height 5"1 and a little bit....sadly I did not grow lol
    weight 126.3 - 125.2
    chest 32 (n/c)
    bra band area 29 - 27
    waist 29 - 27
    belly (where pants sit) 34 - 32
    hips 37 - 36
    R Thigh 22 - 21
    L Thigh 22 - 21.5
    R arm 10 - 10.5
    L arm 10 - 10.5

Overall i'm quite pleased! My goal for RI30 is to continue toning up that belly pooch area and building up my upper body strength. I used to think I needed to get back down to about 115ish to feel better (As I said in a previous post, I now work a desk job and have put on a little over 20lbs...which when you're short really shows) however, my weight did not really change with 30ds, but my body has, and I think I like that even better! I've put away my scale and am concentrating on how strong I feel now.

Day 1 later today....yikes! I will be able to get in a few days before I head to the cottage with no TV, at which point i'll be falling behind you all!
  • gklangdon
    gklangdon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I started Ripped in 30 two days ago. I'd love to have some support going into this. This is my first time with such an intense DVD workout. I'll get my stats together soon. Thanks!
  • preciousnd98
    preciousnd98 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    W1D1 completed! Do we enter it as circuit training? It says I only burned 189 calories, according to MFP… I know it is only 20 minutes but I sure felt like I was working harder than that! lol

If you haven't done the video yet, be sure you have your remote to pause for water breaks. Jillian stops for nothing!!!!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    DONE! I burned 230, which is about the same as I burned the last time I did week 1. I really like the moves in week one. It was hard for me to get it done this morning. There was no way I was adding the Shred on top of it. Maybe tomorrow. I need to start it earlier if I plan on doing both DVDs. Great job you Rippers! :drinker:
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    W1D1 done...
    It wasn't easy by any means but I definitely found it much easier than W1D1 of 30ds!!!! I don't know if it's that i'm more in shape or if 30ds was just THAT brutal lol
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    It wasn't easy by any means but I definitely found it much easier than W1D1 of 30ds!!!! I don't know if it's that i'm more in shape or if 30ds was just THAT brutal lol

I thought the same thing!
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    W1D4 done! PTL!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've done the Shred as well. I fully agree that Level 1 of Ripped didn't feel too bad compared to Shred Level 1, but I'm also in better shape now than when I started Shred too, so I don't know. Regardless, Level 2 of Ripped has been kicking my butt!
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 on June 28; today is Day 4 of Week 1 for me! I'm excited to see the results at the end of this. The 30 Day Shred didn't give me all the results I wanted, but I did still lose inches. However this time around, I feel like Ripped in 30 is going to kick my *kitten* - seeing as I have been dripping in sweat afterwards haha.
  • KrisLee223
    KrisLee223 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started Ripped. I'm actually on a Jillian workout spree and do Ripped and Shred one day and Banish Fat the next:) I love her and I'm convinced if anything is gonna give me my prebaby body, it's gonna be her.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What body parts should we measure?

(Kind of scared...)

Really, wherever you're interested to see a difference, there's no right or wrong place to measure :o) I'm going for left and right thigh (widest part), hips (widest part, right round the butt - oh dear ;o) belly at widest part (that troublesome muffin top pouch!) belly at the belly button, chest at bra line and left and right bicep.

Since Jillian's workouts are so comprehensive for all the different body parts, you're likely to see a change in as many as all of those places, but as we all lose at different rates, you may see more loss in some places and none at all in others.

Thanks! I weighed myself for the first time in about four years last night, and did all of the measurements. I just finished W1D1 with a burn of about 300 (as per my HRM, before BMR is subtracted).

I'm excited to see results!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day for me. I watched it and it said 5-6 days a week. SO since I walk every day and I am starting the CT5K this week (July 5) i figured I would need the rest day and let me tell you Fridays are it cause it is Mexican night at my house. See you all in the AM
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey all! I did W1D1 today after work! (I even threw in some Zumba after just for punishment.) :laugh:

I love how she says at the end that it's not about being perfect, it's about effort. I feel it wasn't massively intense, but since I haven't lifted any weights for 2 months, it was great; a nice way to ease me back in and still get a nice sweat on!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hey all! I did W1D1 today after work! (I even threw in some Zumba after just for punishment.) :laugh:
    :laugh:
    I love how she says at the end that it's not about being perfect, it's about effort. I feel it wasn't massively intense, but since I haven't lifted any weights for 2 months, it was great; a nice way to ease me back in and still get a nice sweat on!
    I agree with the ending comments. I love that too. I've been playing music over Jillian for the last few sessions, but I turned her back up for her ending words of wisdom. :heart: