Ripped In 30 - July Challenge

Options
Hey guys!

For those of us who were doing the 30 Day Shred Challenge in June (thanks to fatty2fabby) and want to keep moving forward, and those who've been thinking about doing RI30 but maybe haven't had the motivation, our new challenge is to do RI30 for the month of July.

The lowdown: Having NOT measured myself before the 30DS, I can recommend you do (if you don't already), around each thigh, hips, waist (at belly button), bust and each bicep at the beginning and once a week (check in day will be Friday, every 7 days after the start of July, but as before, this is totally optional). Weighing is completely up to you, as we're building muscles and therefore this is likely to fluctuate. Log it as CIRCUIT TRAINING. Any extra exercise you do is fab and can only help, and although it's recommended that we do this every day, it's also important to take rest days, so don't feel downhearted if you miss one or two - just get back on the wagon and keep going as soon as you can.

There is a diet plan to go with RI30 which I know some are planning to follow. I probably won't as I have precious little spare time for food prep, though I might try to modify my diet a bit. It'll be interesting to see what differenc the diet plan makes to those who do decide to do it though.

This thread is to share experiences, encourage each other and offer the motivation to keep going! If you're already doing RI30 or start it after the begnning of July, that's cool, do come and join in, we're all on the same road eventually, and can still offer support to each other even if we're a little ahead/behind (oh, for a little behind ;o)

I'll happily keep a list of those taking this challenge, though I'm guessing there will be fewer of us than those doing the Shred, so let me know if you want to be on it :o) And for those who did the Shred in June and who don't fancy doing RI30, please do let us know how July treats you, what you're doing to keep that fat off and those muscles toned, even if it's simply continuing with the Shred :o)

Here's to a svelt and toned August 1st!

Replies

• Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    im in! ive been doing 30ds and will have completed in by next thursday so perfect timing to start this!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I won't be able to start til closer to the end of the 1st week of July as i'm at the cottage but i'm definitely in!
    still have til next Thursday for 30ds but i'm very pleased with the results, can't wait to try this one!
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You know I'm down! I'm not sure how I'm going to approach the different scheduling. I'm glad for the day off. I believe in the end it won't be a full 30 days of video. I'm thinking the Ripped in 30 is more about the combo of the video and the diet. 30 day shred was more about doing the video everyday to get optimal results. If that makes any sense .... I plan on doing a modified version of the diet. I'm already pretty careful about what I eat but maybe this will give me some variation in my current menu.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much:flowerforyou: for starting this thread. I am in. I have the DVD and I am ready to start on the first. I will not be following the diet as I already eat pretty healthy. I won a free membership to her site through being the biggest loser at work and dont really care for a lot of what she has on there but many I already do now.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! My DVD just came into the mail today
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've had my DVD for about two weeks and I've only done it twice. :blushing:

ETA: Is there a way to subscribe to a thread so that you can remain updated? I don't want to forget about starting on the 1st. :)
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacay next week...but I'll be following along with you after that..I'll just be a few days late.
    This should be a blast...
    I figure I'll either be ripped...or dead.....
    :bigsmile:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I'm in! I've had my DVD for about two weeks and I've only done it twice. :blushing:

ETA: Is there a way to subscribe to a thread so that you can remain updated? I don't want to forget about starting on the 1st. :)

You already have...by posting on this thread it will be saved in your "my topics"So when you are ready to post just go to 'my topics and it will pop up!:smile: Anytime you post on a thread it will show on there.If you don't want to post something but want to remember the thread just put "BUMP" and it will be in your "my topics"also:smile: Hope this helps you!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I would like to join this also..but i wont be starting on July 1st I am on D13L2 now so I will be a little behind.Can't wait!:smile:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hey! I might not start on the first, cause I'm still finishing up my second round of the Shred, but I do plan on doing Ri30 in July! :happy:
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm in, if there's still room!

I'm ordering my wedding dress in the middle of July, so let's hope I have to take it in a couple inches by the time the final fitting (next year) rolls around...:blushing:
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

You already have...by posting on this thread it will be saved in your "my topics"So when you are ready to post just go to 'my topics and it will pop up!:smile: Anytime you post on a thread it will show on there.If you don't want to post something but want to remember the thread just put "BUMP" and it will be in your "my topics"also:smile: Hope this helps you!

Thank you! I didn't know that. :smile:
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm on vacay next week...but I'll be following along with you after that..I'll just be a few days late.

Hee Hee! I'm going to join partly because one of my MFP friends has joined and partly because of this post. It seriously made me laugh out loud because it is EXACTLY my sentiments...I'll either be ripped or dead...ROFL! I just ordered the dvd - it should arrive on the 28th so i'll be ready to rock come the 1st.

I'm excited but very scared. Jillian scares the crap out of me.
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

She scares the crap out of me too. Yesterday I kept telling my BF I wanted a huge ice cream sundae. He responded with, "What would Jillian say?" I started shaking in my wedges. The ice cream sundae mission was abandoned.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options

She scares the crap out of me too. Yesterday I kept telling my BF I wanted a huge ice cream sundae. He responded with, "What would Jillian say?" I started shaking in my wedges. The ice cream sundae mission was abandoned.

Me three!...such a scaredy-cat...hahaha
    Especially when she says..."You..feel...like...you're...going...to..DIE!!"
    Maybe I WON'T come back from vacay....
  • jae6704
    Options

Hee Hee! I'm going to join partly because one of my MFP friends has joined and partly because of this post. It seriously made me laugh out loud because it is EXACTLY my sentiments...I'll either be ripped or dead...ROFL! I just ordered the dvd - it should arrive on the 28th so i'll be ready to rock come the 1st.

well if it kills us at least we will look good:)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think it's in week one of Ripped, and Jillian says that if you do something, that will make her very angry, and then she gives you THE SCARIEST LOOK IN LIFE!!! :laugh: I literally made sure I was watching the screen every time it happened, and then laughed to myself. She is very scary! I wouldn't be laughing if she were really in front of me, that's for sure!
    The other day, during the Shred, I was slacking on my high knees, and thinking to myself, How would I do this if Jillian were here? :bigsmile:
  • preciousnd98
    preciousnd98 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this as well! CindyLynn28 let me know about it and I already ordered my DVD! I should be good to go July 1st! I hope it's okay if I join in the "fun!" haha!
  • jae6704
    Options
    Ok here is the meal plan for Ripped in 30. I found it somewhere else on MFP
    http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm already a week into Ripped in 30, but I figure I might take a little longer doing the third and fourth week since they look brutal, so I'll definitely be doing it for all of July.