Ripped In 30 - July Challenge

Options

Replies

• sam_lynn
    sam_lynn Posts: 3
    Options
    How do I get on board, this sounds like something i may be interested in especially the diet plan...please let me know. Sam_lynn
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your support today! My sister got up around 10:30, right when I was going out, so I didn't do it then, nor when I got home, cause I was starving for lunch. Then I ate really bad all afternoon until I finally made myself stop. At 8pm, I FINALLY went to my room, cause I was NOT going to not Rip again, and I got it DONE!! :bigsmile: D5 W2. Then I kept moving (biking, and dancing) until 10pm, and decided I was done. Hope tomorrow will go something like this as well, but with slightly better eating. I have some plans tomorrow, that might take up the whole day, so I hope I can fit Ripped in at all, actually...

See ya tomorrow!
    How do I get on board, this sounds like something i may be interested in especially the diet plan...please let me know. Sam_lynn
    sam_lynn... Do you have the Ripped in 30 DVD? Just start doing it at week one (W1), and check in with us when you do!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    W2D1 done this morning, followed by 20 minutes of Zumba Express as a "reward." I think that anything that felt familiar, that I knew my body could do, was a reward after Week Two. I feel sooooo awkward with the squat shifty things where you raise one leg. BUT my burn was similar to Week One.

I didn't have a tape measure (we're out of town), but the scale read 141.2, and last week it was 144.6. This time, I weighed myself in the morning (which probably made a little difference), but that's still a loss!

Steph -- Yay! That's AMAZING motivation, especially at the end of the day. Way to go. :)
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I didn't do Ripped yesterday. Decided to take a day of rest. I'm back on it today though and I'm starting week 2. I didn't see any change in my measurements. Possibly due to my indulgence for the 4th. Anywhoo I'm not worried - still have a lot of time left. My arms did get bigger and I noticed some muscle definition. I have a tiny little muscle poking out when I flex. That's something to be proud of. I'm finally finished with summer school so now I can really give it my all!!!!
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    W2D4 done! It always feels so good to be done! Tomorrow is rest day, but plan to be at it again on Monday. This thread has helped me greatly to keep doing rip each day. I'm sure I would have stopped by now. Thanks for the motivation everyone!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Week one level one done. On to week two tom. I cant wait to see what is in store. I only did it 5 days this past week. but lost a little over 1 inch, and I made my mini goal with weight.
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69
    Options
    jae605 - YAY!!! Those are awesome results for one week! I just finished W1D5. I'm going to keep doing week 1 because i really am a beginner. I do all the moves "modified", partly because I'm afraid if I don't, i won't be able to actually finish the workout!! I'm going to do the whole week again I think and keep working on the butt kicks and the ab move where we are on our side and lift our hip...don't know why but that move feels very foreign to me?!
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    W1D5....not bad. Fast feet just kills me....hahaha.
    Yesterday was rest day...and I was just too tired to do it anyway.
    Onward!
    Good luck everyone!
    :bigsmile:

my kids laugh when I do fast feet they tell my butt jiggles! They are worse the second time around Wondering what week two will have to offer..I feel like the 30 minutes goes by so fast!
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Completed W1D6 yesterday...
    and did W2D1 today......
    ......omg...kill me.........
    but the warm up was good!
    I only did part of the cool down..'cause I couldn't get up off the floor.....
    Can't wait until tomorrow!
    :bigsmile:
  • jae6704
    Options
    day one week 2 done. woohoo so much more fun. i loved every moment of it. cant wait to do it tomorrow. I did get a little lost with all of the new moves. not to sure of the bridge.
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    W2D5 done! I took a rest day yesterday, but today my right butt muscle is really tight and it was really difficult to do the pendulum lunges and any sort of move that put a lot of pressure on the right butt, haha. Let's hope this is just a fluke and not an injury :/
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    W2D3 done. Circuit 2 of weight lifting was skipping, so I tried to remember the moves and do two sets of 30 seconds. Bleh. I think my quads are going to die. But I'm just wallowing in sweat and misery today. :frown:
  • jae6704
    Options
    jae605 - YAY!!! Those are awesome results for one week! I just finished W1D5. I'm going to keep doing week 1 because i really am a beginner. I do all the moves "modified", partly because I'm afraid if I don't, i won't be able to actually finish the workout!! I'm going to do the whole week again I think and keep working on the butt kicks and the ab move where we are on our side and lift our hip...don't know why but that move feels very foreign to me?!

I hate that move!! But it sure does work. (it isnt in the second level) I hope for the same results this week.. You are doing great!!! just keep going and you will be there in no time. I think it is great that you are doing this :drinker:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    cheshirechic... Thanks for that little shout out. Keep up the amazing work! :drinker:

nh2576... Good luck on getting those moves down! That ab moves gets me too. I never did it in the beginning because of my old back injury, but now I get through 15 lifts. I kind of like it more now, but holding myself up gives me rug burn on my elbow. It literally looks like a burn, and feels all rough, and it won't go away on one elbow! :huh:

bluespring... I can't remember right now, but I think the W2 warm-up was my favourite in all the JM DVDs I've done.
    _________

I haven't done Ripped for 2 days, but I did a dance class yesterday, and I was kind of resting my back today, so I wouldn't hurt it. I'll probably be back tomorrow, unless I just go to Zumba. :smile:
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ok, W2 D2 done yesterday, will do D3 today but could barely get up this morning so will just have to do it when I get home! Finding something that I didn't get with the Shred - although I get sore muscles at the beginning of the level and they ease off by the end like before, I feel constantly exhausted. Worried that I'm not eating enough to sustain the ability to work out, but then I check my calories and I know that's not true! *l* Maybe it's the heat, maybe not enough sleep, who knows. Just makes it so hard - I get an energy burts in the evening but most of the rest of the day I feel like a zombie - blah.

I have to admit to preferring W2 to W1 too though. The push ups with a knee bend (I feel like Spiderman ;o) are bloomin' hard, my arms are obviously too short (or my butt too flabby!) because I can't lift my butt off the floor in between the table and I still can't get the hang of that last abs circuit (arms and legs all over the place!) but I feel like the workout as a whole is on more of a level, I use my heavy weights for everything, and depsite still having to rest several times in the cardio workout that's plank followed by plank, I know I manage a little bit better each day.

And the fact that we are all in the same boat and sharing the experience is great, I love reading this board and seeing everyone's comments. Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @Persian_star I totally agree with you. I really like W2 more than W1. I am also way more sore than Shred. My muscles remain sore even from W1. I bribed the BF to give me a massage and this morining I still have soreness. I'm enjoying it though. Even though I struggle to get through the workout. It's extremely difficult. I workout with my best friend and she said that Jillian reminded her on the drill sergents at basic. I can't even imagine the next week.
  • preciousnd98
    preciousnd98 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have to admit to preferring W2 to W1 too though. The push ups with a knee bend (I feel like Spiderman ;o) are bloomin' hard, my arms are obviously too short (or my butt too flabby!) because I can't lift my butt off the floor in between the table and I still can't get the hang of that last abs circuit (arms and legs all over the place!) but I feel like the workout as a whole is on more of a level, I use my heavy weights for everything, and depsite still having to rest several times in the cardio workout that's plank followed by plank, I know I manage a little bit better each day.

And the fact that we are all in the same boat and sharing the experience is great, I love reading this board and seeing everyone's comments. Keep up the good work :drinker:

So I am through W2D3 - will get D4 in today after the painters leave - just can't bring myself to let Jillian torture me with them watching… my shoulders are SOOOOO sore and stiff from all of the planks this week! But I am seeing them get more tone and defined as the week goes on so I feel like it is really worth the pain and suffering!

As for the butt lifts/table move… I was really struggling with it. I figured out that if I put my weights under my hands like in the plank rows I can get my butt high enough and I can do the move. Maybe give that a try!
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    W2D5 done! Sorry people, not a fan of week 2! It's killing me! :) Is that why you all like it - cause it tears you up?! Because these moves are hard for me, I don't feel like I'm getting the best workout. It is such a struggle to get the move down or even trying to do the move. I'm doing it, but feel like I'm not really doing it correctly or accomplishing anything. I'm hoping I'm getting more results than I believe I am. Trying to decide if I should do at least one more day of week 2 or just continue to week 3. Haven't seen week 3 yet, but hope I can find the moves easier for me do. When Jillian says "these are really hard" - I seem to be able to do them fine. When she says "I have 400lb people who can do this" - I'm about to die! I always have been hard to figure out! :) In spite of the struggles - I refuse to stop! Let's do this! :)
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Back from vacation and Ripped again today - W1D5. So is it 6 days of each we're supposed to do, one day of rest and then switch to the next level?
  • jae6704
    Options

So I am through W2D3 - will get D4 in today after the painters leave - just can't bring myself to let Jillian torture me with them watching… my shoulders are SOOOOO sore and stiff from all of the planks this week! But I am seeing them get more tone and defined as the week goes on so I feel like it is really worth the pain and suffering!

As for the butt lifts/table move… I was really struggling with it. I figured out that if I put my weights under my hands like in the plank rows I can get my butt high enough and I can do the move. Maybe give that a try!

That is a great idea. I will have to try it with the weights tom. because my arms are long enough unless i get down on my fingertips and that just doesnt seem like a good idea.