Over 200 new Year New Me Part 50

Options

Replies

• purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    I'm feeling really discouraged today. Had a great run yesterday, a pretty okay food day, considering I ate both meals out, and drank a lot of water, but today I'm up 3 pounds on the scale. I just don't know what else to do...I've lowered cals, I've upped cals, I've mixed up my cardio, I've bumped personal training to twice/week, but I can't get below 207.1 and I'm getting frustrated and discouraged. :grumble:

I don't want to give up (in the past, this would be where I stop) but I don't know what else to be doing. Thoughts?
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Don't give up purpleprose! I've really had success lately with going lower with carbs and upping my protein and healthy fats - maybe you want to mix up what you are eating?
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back messages from everyone!!!!

lstpaul, hope you are having fun on your vacation!

Purplerose, don't give up!!! I think lstpaul gave you some sound advice. Try lowering the carbs and upping the protein. Also, we all know that it can't last this plateau. If you keep chugging a long it will move in the right direction. Good luck!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    There is a saying: "a watched pot never boils.". I have noticed a lot of people on here get so excited, rightly, about moving to a lower beginning number (300 or 200 or 100) that they psyche themselves out when those last few pounds, usually less than 10, just don't seem to be coming. I sometimes wonder if we just let the process continue without the angst, it just might happen without all the switching, baiting, and cajoling. More cals up, more cals down, change exercise routine, anything to shock the system, when really most of us did nothing super shocking to go up those 3, 7, 10, 200 pounds. Our bodies adjust, just like water on a stove...the boil will come as soon as we stop watching so intently.

My point being, don't give up. Good luck, I am so inspired by how far you've come already!!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Double post sorry
  • Momma24
    Options
    Let's not forget that Julie will be having a baby tomorrow. How exciting!!!! July 20th is a good day to be born!!!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I think I'm out of my funk today, which is good. I got home from work yesterday and blew off yoga. I ate a few treats, a reasonably healthy dinner, then felt disgusted with myself, so went for a long walk outside to at least somewhat compensate for my lack of physical activity and to not be so far over on calories for the day.

Got up this AM and powered through the Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred - it was tough! I watched some of it last night so I would know what to expect, and it didn't look as tough as it turned out to be. I was sweating! I held back on the cardio a bit, though, because I was worried what my downstairs neighbor would think of jumping jacks at 6:30 AM. No complaints...yet...

Thanks for the support yesterday...I was just down and discouraged, but am glad I have the support of everyone here!

Julie - is today BABY DAY?!?!?
    Lstpaul - I'm going to have to try that soon, I think. I bought the South Beach book to read up on and see if that'll help. Do you have any other resources you use from your nutrition classes?
    Momma - I know you're right! Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees. I was just in too deep yesterday.
    k2quiere - Haven't "met" you yet, but thanks for the encouragement. You're probably right - I just focus on just losing in general and not just getting under 200.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Happy Baby Day, Julie!!!!

Wondering if I should log calories I just threw up... :( Going to be a long day...
  • Momma24
    Options
    :huh: :huh: :huh: It's quiet around here:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Busy at work!

I agree with the "watch pot doesn't boil." You all know my struggles that I had with almost a year-long plateau, so for now, I'm happy with my progress and am focusing on Intuitive Eating and trying to get the exercise in where I can. I just don't want to be so focused on the numbers anymore. It's not healthy for me. That being said, I'm going back to once weekly weigh-ins (currently at twice weekly). I may even stop tracking to see how I do going solely on IE...not sure yet on that one, though. It's hard to let go of being so rigid and restrictive, but the IE stuff makes sense to me. After taking an assessment in the book I'm reading, I'm about 75% rid of the diet mentality, meaning that I don't have the negative thoughts related to food and exercise that those with a "diet mentality" have.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over, but honestly don't care...I only ate when I was hungry for and what I was hungry for. I really focused on my hunger cues and am focusing on not eating until my stomach is actually growling so I know I'm actually hungry.
    Water: 12 glasses
    Exercise: Does floating in the lake with a life jacket on count? Probably not...
    Proud: That I only ate when I was truly hungry and stopped when I was satisfied.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Heather - what book are you reading? It sounds like something I could use. I realize that I'm b!tching and moaning about my several month issue when you've dealt with it for nearly a year. Perspective is a good thing. :blushing:

But you're right - I need to focus on the bigger picture, ensuring that this isn't just the diet mentality but a real, honest to goodness, permanent lifestyle change.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    HOpe everyone is doing great...So excited to hear about julie's baby.

I am feeling good today had a good workout and ate good, tried a new recipe , pineapple pork tacos they were good.

I am pushing hubby too (at his request) to get to the gym , i pushed him out the door tonight and i am going to make him go a couple times a week..he wants to go but then just looses the ump (which i understand).

We have tenativelyhl planned our vacation next year, we are going to Jamica man!! I am soo excited. I think we are planning on going for a week. I soo want to be under 200 lbs by then so i won't look like a beached whale.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Who needs sleep?

Maisie Charlotte was born at 6.13pm 7/20 weighing 7lbs 11.6oz and measuring 18 and 3/4 inches. We are both doing well and expect to be discharged tomorrow. :smile:
  • purpleprose
    Options

Maisie Charlotte was born at 6.13pm 7/20 weighing 7lbs 11.6oz and measuring 18 and 3/4 inches. We are both doing well and expect to be discharged tomorrow. :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!! Looks like you're meeting your July goal! :laugh:

I hope your L&D went smoothly and that you're enjoying your precious daughter. :heart:
  • k2quiere
    Options

COngratulations! Babies are always exciting news!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    YAAAYYY CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!!!!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Julie: Congratulations!! Welcome to the world, Maisie! Make sure you both get some rest. I'm so happy for you, I'm actually teary-eyed. I'm a sap. Lots of love to you, Maisie and your hubby!

Allison: The book I'm reading is Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. Please don't take my comments as a slam against anyone frustrated with their progress or lack of. When I was in the midst of my plateau, I sure complained. Looking back, though, it made sense that my body needed to "re-set." Since that plateau, I lost another 12 lbs., but I think my body is resetting yet again. I've been bouncing the same 3 lbs. or so for a month again now. I've read that this happens more the more you lose, so now I'm taking yet another approach. It's all about experimentation, you know?

Debbie: Ooh, a trip to Jamaica sounds amazing!

Jess: I just realized tomorrow is Friday! Ahh, so awesome. My fingers are crossed that the rain doesn't make the course too sloppy tomorrow. The rain is supposed to be in the morning and clear out in the afternoon, so it looks like you have a better chance of getting wet than I do tomorrow. Either way, I'm glad the storms they were forecasting earlier in the week are no longer in the forecast. It's gonna be fun (and scary!)!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: 9 glasses
    Exercise: None, unless I count walking around the outlet mall and trying on several pairs of pants.
    Proud: I parked in the middle of the parking lot at the mall and walked to all of the different stores (outdoor entrances) instead of parking in front of the store at one end and then driving to the store at the other end....I used to do this, about two years ago. How stupid! Now I shake my head at those people!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options

Julie I am so happy for you and little babykins!!! Welcome to the planet, Maisie Charlotte!!! The world just became a better place with you in it. :heart:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    In honor of Maisie Charlotte's late but grand entrance into the world, I am re-dedicating myself to coming back here every single day. I did it before and I can do it again! I have gained a total of 35 pounds (gulp) since I left and I refuse to give up! I need your help, sisters! I want to give you my phone number so that you can text me in these early days to give me a push to come here, if that's OK with you. PM me and I will give it to you. I need to be here. I'm nowhere near finished!!! :embarassed:
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Today is the end of our 4 week goal period. I'm reporting everyone's goals from Momma's post back on page one. If you're not here, sorry, make sure to add yourself in!

Team goals for June 24, 2011-July 22, 2011

♦Purplerose:
    1. 8.9 pounds (2.25 per week) ♥ONEDERLAND♥
    2. No evening eating,
    3. up intensity of runs,
    4. Yoga on Tuesday

♦Littlespy:
    1. 20 pounds (7.5 of that, baby spy )

♦HeatherMN:
    1. Lose 6.8 lbs. (1.7 per week)
    2. Run at least once per week.
    3. Do strength training, even if body weight exercises only, twice weekly.
    4. Limit the ice cream to three times weekly maximum.

♦Jess:
    1. CHECK IN MORE OFTEN HERE!!!
    2. 100oz of water daily
    3. Lose 9.2 pounds..(2.3 per week)
    4. Workout 3 times a week at least
    5. OWN the Warrior Dash!

♦Momma:
    1. Lose 8 lbs (2 per week)
    2. Exercise 150 mins per week
    3. Drink at least 90 ounces of water daily
    4. Do strength exercise at least 2x per week

♦Elmox: