Over 200 new Year New Me Part 50

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    So I failed all my challenges yet again this week. I did drink lots of water everyday but I did not hit 90oz a day. Only 1 workout so far this week. My workout buddy bailed for tonight. She has a date. And I'm up almost 2 pounds. That's okay though because I was up way more as of Tuesday. It's been a high sodium week and TOM is coming anyday. Sorry I've been MIA today...I've been throwing myself a pitty party for 1! :flowerforyou:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Look at us! We are horrible! I may have weighed myself this morning and I may have decided to scrub the memory from my brain. HORROR!!!

Then after a grumpy day at work I realized I might have just been full of "what not" and WOW do I feel lighter and cheerful!:embarrassed:

OK checking in for Thursday:
    Calories - 500 plus over BEFORE I remembered the cookies and ice cream!
    Water - just barely
    Exercise - None
    Proud- one glass of one, white bean hummus instead of cheese dip.

My July Goals - FAIL!:mad:

OK so here's my gripe. I have had two weeks where I'm cleared to exercise - but I have this next surgery scheduled for the 20th and it just feels SOOOO demotivating to bother to try to get into any sort of shape after being off since early March! Gah!:grumble:

Welcome EHMomm!

I'm also poor right now and I know most of you can relate. I make a good salary but I'm in debt- today was a payday and after paying bills its looking like the next two weeks will be a little lean. OK I promise I'll quite with the griping for at LEAST day or two!

Mrs. Black, our chicken that likes to "brood" or try to hatch her eggs has been back at it. We marked three of her eggs and have been collecting the rest to eat - but the three we left in her nest hatched out this week! They're super cute little chicks! A baby black one like mama, a brown with stripes one and a little yellow one. very cute. She has four more eggs she's still sitting on from our other hen - we didn't really know how long they had been in her nest so we'll give her another week before we toss them. I think they're going to hatch out too though because they feel somewhat hollow. Like there's open space and chick inside :smile:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    well i totally failed on my goals this week.

So i am 9 lbs up from where i was last week :sad: then i had sonic for lunch today so i know that isn't going to help

My little one is home sick today, well lets say she "was" sick. She wsas dead to the world this morning, took her to the dr and she has strep, some motirn and antibotics and a couple hour nap you would of never known. I am sure she will crash later

I am skipping working out tonight but hoping to get in full force in the morning i got to get this way off my motiviation is up and down and i need to stop it.
  • EHmommy
    EHmommy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great! I'll start weighing in with you guys next week. My goal for this week: GET UP OFF MY BUTT!!!!!! I'm so lazy with exercise it's embarassing! I have no excuse (besides the two children on my heels, haha!) not to exercise. We have a treadmill and a Wii. I have Zumba for the Wii and I want so badly to get back on the C25K trail, but I just can't make myself enjoy exercise. With the C25K, I feel like I'm going to keel over before that minute of running is over. How do you stay motivated to exercise?
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Still lurking... I promise I'll catch everyone up soon :)

Lots going on lately, and it's been near impossible to keep my will power in check. But I went to the grocery store last night and loaded up on all good food to eat, so I'm starting today, back on track.

Happy weekend!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    See you all in a week or so
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Checking in for Saturday:
    Calories - just under*
    Water - HORRID
    Exercise - shiffty eyes

Proud - I had a day off today - stayed home rather than driving the two hours to the cottage which saved us gas money and bought me another day to try to recover from this summer cold. I'm proud I stayed home because its really unlike me! I haven't seen Meghan since she got back from her CA visit and now she's heading to the farm and I won't see her until Tuesday.

*Not so proud that my diet was made up of chocolate and peanut butter - but at least I did that in 1200 calories? :ohwell:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA for missions trip and vacation. I am back, my contract renewed for work and I start with my PT tomorrow. I need to start logging tomorrow as well. I maintained during all this - so I am counting it as a big win!

Hope all are well!

Do we have a new baby here on the board yet or not quite yet?????
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    With the C25K, I feel like I'm going to keel over before that minute of running is over. How do you stay motivated to exercise?

The first couple of weeks are tortuous - I completely agree! I started C25K about this time last year and thought I'd never get to the point where I could run 5 minutes at a time, let alone 30. You just have to keep going, knowing that people have done it successfully before you and that, with time, you will be able to do it too! I now am running multiple times in the week and have done 5Ks and 8-milers.

It doesn't seem possible, but it actually does get easier.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Checking in for Sunday:
    Calories: under
    Water: great!
    Exercise: none

Proud: I had another day home by myself. I got caught up on a ton of photography work - like my baby sister's wedding photos from back in 2009! (yeah -they're expecting their first in November so I thought I'd better get moving!). If you're interested they're at www.squibphotography.com under galleries select 'Weddings' then 'ElizaBeth and Caroline' - I like the Post Wedding Formals best :) There are some with me in them - I"m the dork who forgot she would actually be IN some of the photos and just dressed for comfort that day! That's my before weight.

I had another day of peanut butter and chocolate covered pretzels but I did manage to have a nice grilled cheese on sprouted grain bread for dinner and I stayed under calories! Whoot!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, no baby yet? We got back from 'vacation' on Saturday night. Wow was that exhausting, but I think it was a good trip as my daughter saw 6 very different colleges. She really liked Missouri S & T, and Purdue (although financially Purdue likely isn't an option). Every college tour was at least 2 hours and a lot of walking, I only went on 2 of them ... but I really worked hard to exercise every day. I am happy to say the scale was only up a pound yesterday morning, so hopefully by Friday I will be back to where or was or even better maybe less! I really want to hit 30 pounds lost before we go back on vacation next Saturday.
    I did well on my exercise goals, ... but didn't hit my water goals every day ... and my eating was not good.
    My weekly goals:
    1. 1 pound per week (went up intead of down ... so that isn't good, but could have been worse)
    2. at least 240 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of weights per week ( I didn't get 60 minutes of weights in but did get the cardio)
    3. at least 90 ounces of water everyday (probably not, although I did try to drink lots of water)
    4. eat more protein and vegetables! (did ok on protein, not so good on vegetables and way too many carbs)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies:

Welcome to our new member!

Checking in for the weekend:
    Friday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: 12 glasses
    Exercise: None
    Proud: I drank water with supper instead of diet soda.

Saturday:
    Water: None
    Exercise: None
    Proud: I didn't take snacks in the car with us on our road trip AND I avoided buying a cupcake.

Sunday:
    Water: 2 glasses
    Exercise: Almost three hours floating/swimming in the lake. I can't remember the last time I was in a lake more than 45 minutes because fish and slimy lake plants are creepy. But, I think I'm getting over it and have a great tan with just a little burn on my shoulders.

I'm bummed it's Monday already, but have a great day!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Can sum up this weekend with - over in cals, not enough water, no exercise, and proud that I put a dent in the ridiculous amount of laundry we've acquired!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to get back in it for this week!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies!

My weekend went pretty well food wise I think. I'm down on the scale as of today. YAY! Always a good sign.

I just saw the update for the iphone where you can scan barcodes. Freaking amazing!!! It's sad how excited I am about this!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    OK so.... Julie. Any word on her Facebook? Is she still working? I've been thinking about her all day!

I had a win today at work. It's a big project that is un-interesting and thus never has gotten the attention it needs. It's basically an enabling tool that will help a lot of our other security stuff work better. So anyway I've been advocating for this ugly duckling project for a few years now and it finally was approved! Now we just have to get it funded. :ohwell:

I'm reading 'Passage to India' and all weekend, even though it's told from the English prospective and never really talks about Indian foods. all I could think about while I was reading it was curry and naan! YUM! So today I had Indian and I had a ton of naan and chicken curry it was AMAZING! If I can resist the lure of "margarita Mondays" I'll be OK calorie wise but OH MY is a Margarita tempting... after all my project was approved!

Wish me luck resisting!

Jess - you're going to sweat off a few pounds just a WATCHING softball in this weather!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Melinda -- I was struggling at work last week so I made Friday my last day. I feel so much less crazy without having to worry about it anymore. I have plenty of vacation time to use so I'm using it.

Still no baby but things seem to be moving in the right direction (I guess at this point they can't really move in the wrong direction, eh? :tongue:).

I have an appointment on Wednesday if baby hasn't made her move by then and I need to decide whether or not I'll let them break my water then since that was brought up as a possibility last week. I'm just not sure how I feel about it yet so I'm pretty much just hoping she decides to come before I have to make the decision.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    Calories: 1367 (of 1400
    Water: Plenty - over 64 oz
    Exercise: Hour with Pt
    Proud: 2 THINGS: Wore my 16yo daughters shorts to work out and did 6 laps of sprints with minimal complaining (me and the girls don't like to jog/run).
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Julie, it looks like you have a stubborn little girl already!

ladeb: Great job on the workout yesterday!

Melinda: Did you bypass the margarita?

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under!
    Water: 11 glasses
    Exercise: 70 minutes of jumping rope, hula hooping, running and walking to burn 656 calories! It felt so good to put in a good sweat session again!
    Proud: Didn't let myself sit down until I'd gotten my workout done!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: OVER :mad:
    exercise: good
    water: under
    proud: hmmm
    crabby and hungry today ... not a good combination
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Julie, pulling for you to not have to make the tough decision tomorrow!
    ladeb and Heather - AMAZING work-outs! WTG!!

Monday check-in:
    Cals - Over by about 400, so under maintenance
    Water - Only 64 oz
    Exercise - Walked about a mile
    Proud - Kept my snacking to a minimum yesterday.