Over 200 new Year New Me Part 50

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    So I seem to of gone MIA! Sorry ladies! I'm so freaking busy lately and don't seem to get on here as much as I'd like to. I haven't read the posts. Just saw Heather's..let me survive Warrior Dash and then run a whole 5k then we will talk about a half marathon! Baby steps! HAHA!!

Thanks for all the well wishes with the new guy. I went to his softball game last night. Seems to be going great! Meeting the best friend tonight. :drinker: Transformers here we come!!
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Another topic on MFP had a link to a great recipe site that I thought I'd share with you all - there appear to be some great recipes. I'm even going to try one out tonight after yoga, so I'll let you know!

www.skinnytaste.com

Each recipe has full nutritional information (woohoo!) and emphasizes good, whole foods without being obnoxious or sending you to the grocery store for 45,000 things that you don't already have in your kitchen or on your shopping list (ahem, Martha Stewart).

I've totally wasted the entire afternoon on that site, looking up some good recipes!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Allison, I'm a fan of SkinnyTaste as well - her spinach dip (cold) is super tasty!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Cals - Under by 43 - 1413
    Water - 104 oz - check!
    Exercise - Usual mile walk in commute
    Proud - Made smart choices when we ordered in dinner last night - 6 pork gyoza, an avocado roll, and a salmon nigiri - less than 500 cals!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Jess: You can totally do a 5k! We should train for a half marathon and meet Julie somewhere (and anyone else who wants to!) next year. Just something to think about...

Allison: Thanks for the tip on Skinnytaste. I'm going to check it out and see if I can find something fun for the holiday weekend. My boyfriend would be thrilled if I did some cooking for him. Being domestic is truly the fastest way to his heart. He doesn't expect it, but he appreciates it more than anything else I could for him. He's adorable like that.

Lauren: Thanks for the tip on the spinach dip...it would be perfect to take for a 4th of July party! You ladies are super helpful!

Calories: Over...couldn't resist the DQ ice cream! I'm seriously addicted to ice cream.
    Water: 8 glasses
    Exercise: None
    Proud: Got the medium strawberry sundae (9 WW points) instead of one of the delicious blizzards (16+ WW points). Small win, but I'm counting it!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I just checked out Skinny Taste and all of her recipes even have the WW points listed! I'm in love...thanks again, ladies!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Allison: Thanks for the tip on Skinnytaste. I'm going to check it out and see if I can find something fun for the holiday weekend. My boyfriend would be thrilled if I did some cooking for him. Being domestic is truly the fastest way to his heart. He doesn't expect it, but he appreciates it more than anything else I could for him. He's adorable like that.

I made the grilled chicken bruschetta last night after yoga and it was easy, fast, and YUMMY!

Also, I might be interested in running a half marathon...it was something I was considering for Fall 2012 anyway...and running it with the ladies who've helped me out/been so supportive would be loads of fun and extra-meaningful. :happy:

Check-in for yesterday:
    Calories: 124 under
    Water: 80ish ounces
    Sodium: 283 under
    Exercise: one hour of yoga (it felt so good, too)
    Proud: I'm proud I came home after yoga (at 8 something) and still cooked myself a proper dinner. Plus, it made enough that I have lunch today and tomorrow as well! I need to get back into cooking more than just Trader Joe's frozen stuff, except in emergencies or really hectic days.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I just checked out Skinny Taste and all of her recipes even have the WW points listed! I'm in love...thanks again, ladies!

It's a great site - I like that when I go to print I can delete out her commentary or images. It's nice and customizable.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on skinnytaste, it looks good - I'm going to share with friends.

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: over - I find it hard to stay under when I have no exercise calories to use
    exercise: none - was a much deserved day off
    water: short
    proud: made pretty good choices
  • purpleprose
    Options
    *crickets*

Where is everyone today? How's everyone doing on their non-weight goals?
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Had a successful shopping trip for clothes - first time in a very long time that I was actually somewhat happy looking in the fitting room mirror. I've been wearing size 24 for a long time but bought all size 20 today! (we won't mention the size 22 pants that wouldn't zip up ... that brand must be wrong!!).
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    lstpaul - wtg on the success clothes shopping.

Check in -
    Cals right now i am like 700 calories under so i am sure i need to eat more tonight.
    Water - 6 cups today
    Exercise - 55 min on arc trainer
    Proud - even though i know i will be off track this weekend i am doing everything i can.

Not sure why but this week i am struggling to hit my calories, i think cause i have changed some of my bad snacks with fruit i guess. I know i need to put more snacks during the day

Few more days then we get to go to our min vacation, we are excited to get away for a few days.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Well that was annoying. I had a whole post typed out and got kicked out of the MFP...I'm guessing the server reset at work.

lstpaul: Congrats on the shopping success! Those size 22s were obviously mislabeled. As for me, if I fit into a 10 in one brand, I consider myself a size 10. No one needs to know differently. :wink:

Allison: I'm glad you'd like to join for a half marathon. Do you like how I volunteered Julie and Jess?

Speaking of Julie...we're waiting for a baby update!

Calories: On target!
    Water: 8 glasses
    Exercise: 3 hours volunteering
    Proud: I had two beef sticks instead of ice cream as a post volunteering evening snack. The boyfriend and I snacked on watermelon while watching the episodes of The Voice that we missed earlier this week.

If I go MIA, it's because I'm off work tomorrow through Monday and don't know how much computer access I'll have. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and check in as soon as I can get on a computer. If I don't see you this weekend, have a wonderful 4th of July holiday!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Allison: I'm glad you'd like to join for a half marathon. Do you like how I volunteered Julie and Jess?

I'm in!! But not for awhile!! :bigsmile:

So...starting July 1st I'm going on a caffeine detox. I don't drink too much caffeine as it is. I mostly drink the Rockstar low cal low carb energy drinks when I'm dragging. I'm not gonna have any till my trip to Minnesota/Wisconsin. I'll need caffeine then!

Not doing so great eating wise this week and exercise is non existant. I got paid today so I went out and bought stuff for lunches and breakfast. Back to eating good for me!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am back!!! We had a really great time. We mostly walked on the beach, walked to the lighthouse, walked to watch the surfers, walked to lunch...are you getting my theme walk walk walk.. So fun and romantic. We got there really early and could not check into our hotel until 3 so we were just some walking fools. We were getting tired and wanted to check into our hotel but we could not, we felt like we were homeless with no where to go. At one point I thought maybe we would join a group of drunk locals and harass tourist but since I don't drink we decided against it.:laugh: Any way we had a wonderful time. We got up Wednesday morning and had breakfast then walked on the beach. I told my husband I could take a morning stroll in the sand everyday. Also as we walked down the pier (during our morning beach walk) We saw a pod of dolphins go by. Here I am a CA girl who has spent a ton of time at the ocean, even lived on the coast briefly as a small child and I had never seen dolphins in the wild. It was so exciting. Also, had a very large Pelican just sitting about 3 feet from me lazily staring at me. He was as large as a 3 yo I think. I know blah blah blah...Just saying I had so much fun. I hope that I meet my goal of 2 pounds for this week. Make sure we all remember to post our goal for the week tomorrow morning and if we met it.

Also, in wonderful news my son told his teacher a story about something he did at home with his sister and the dog across the street. She was soooo excited as was I. Heather, as a person who works with children who have autism I know that you would understand how huge that is.:flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<That's where I have been the last couple of days. Wish I was still there
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am back!!! We had a really great time. We mostly walked on the beach, walked to the lighthouse, walked to watch the surfers, walked to lunch...are you getting my theme walk walk walk.. So fun and romantic. We got there really early and could not check into our hotel until 3 so we were just some walking fools. We were getting tired and wanted to check into our hotel but we could not, we felt like we were homeless with no where to go. At one point I thought maybe we would join a group of drunk locals and harass tourist but since I don't drink we decided against it.:laugh: Any way we had a wonderful time. We got up Wednesday morning and had breakfast then walked on the beach. I told my husband I could take a morning stroll in the sand everyday. Also as we walked down the pier (during our morning beach walk) We saw a pod of dolphins go by. Here I am a CA girl who has spent a ton of time at the ocean, even lived on the coast briefly as a small child and I had never seen dolphins in the wild. It was so exciting. Also, had a very large Pelican just sitting about 3 feet from me lazily staring at me. He was as large as a 3 yo I think. I know blah blah blah...Just saying I had so much fun. I hope that I meet my goal of 2 pounds for this week. Make sure we all remember to post our goal for the week tomorrow morning and if we met it.

Also, in wonderful news my son told his teacher a story about something he did at home with his sister and the dog across the street. She was soooo excited as was I. Heather, as a person who works with children who have autism I know that you would understand how huge that is.:flowerforyou:

Sounds like you had a great time, and did great with exercise too with all your walking! That is fantastic about Ryan!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Momma -- I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!! And how fantastic about Ryan telling the story to his teacher!

Heather -- Yes, I'm in on the half-marathon. Um, though I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a while since I was only up to 4 miles before I got pregnant and now I can hardly walk up 2 flights of stairs without getting winded. :laugh:

lstpaul -- YAY for smaller clothes!! I can't wait to start going in that direction again.

No baby yet. But way TMI warning, I am having bloody show (and wow, I really wasn't prepared for the level of grossness that entails)! Like pretty much everything else with pregnancy, that may or may not mean anything. :laugh: I was just a little more than a centimeter dilated & still about 75% effaced at my appointment yesterday. So we're still just sitting here waiting in baby-could-come-at-any-time mode. I kind of have my fingers crossed for this weekend but I know it's likely not to happen. I'm planning to get up early on Saturday to take the pit pup for a long walk before it gets too hot to even be outside. Maybe that'll get things rolling. Probably not.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Momma -- I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!! And how fantastic about Ryan telling the story to his teacher!

Heather -- Yes, I'm in on the half-marathon. Um, though I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a while since I was only up to 4 miles before I got pregnant and now I can hardly walk up 2 flights of stairs without getting winded. :laugh:

lstpaul -- YAY for smaller clothes!! I can't wait to start going in that direction again.

No baby yet. But way TMI warning, I am having bloody show (and wow, I really wasn't prepared for the level of grossness that entails)! Like pretty much everything else with pregnancy, that may or may not mean anything. :laugh: I was just a little more than a centimeter dilated & still about 75% effaced at my appointment yesterday. So we're still just sitting here waiting in baby-could-come-at-any-time mode. I kind of have my fingers crossed for this weekend but I know it's likely not to happen. I'm planning to get up early on Saturday to take the pit pup for a long walk before it gets too hot to even be outside. Maybe that'll get things rolling. Probably not.

It sounds like you will have a baby soon! How exciting! I just realized that I may miss the event as I'm on vacation all of next week and may have limited access to the internet, I hate to miss the event! I'll be thinking of you!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: good
    exercise: good - step class (although I was 15 minutes late :angry: )
    water: still need to work on this!
    proud: that I went out to dinner and make good choices
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Julie-How exciting that she could be here any day now!! I hope you get your wish and she comes this weekend. I can't imagine being pregnant in this heat!

Momma-It sounds like you had a fabulous vacation!! And what a great accomplishment for Ryan! :flowerforyou:

lstpau-What are your vacation plans?

What's everybodies plans for the 4th? I'm going to the lake for the weekend with some friends. Don't have to worry about eating out this weekend. Everything will be cooked on the grill! It's portion control for this girl this weekend.