Over 200 new Year New Me Part 50

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I was very good at lunch ... skipped my AM snack so I was hungry and had forgotten that we had a work luncheon at a restaurant. I was sooo tempted to get the mashed potatoes and gravy, meatloaf and onion rings ... or the chicken salad sandwich and fries ... but I went with the salmon and avocado spinach salad. So good for me ... now I just have to stop craving the other choices that I wanted to make.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yes! I managed to resist the lure of margarita's! But mostly because my roommate got home too late - hey it's a win and I'll take it!:flowerforyou:

Now for a fail... :cry: At lunch today in our cafeteria there weren't a lot of good choices. The "healthy" protein was a dried fillet of salmon that had that "sitting under the heat lamp too long" look about it. There were some delish options that were too high in calories for me, like a "strawberry fields" salad at 450, and a grilled chicken with cheese number at 550 - so I thought I'd go for a healthy option. I picked up baby spinach, a few sliced olives, a TBSP of sunflower seeds and a TBSP of dried cranberries and took them to the deli counter to have them added to my tuna wrap. They were out of tuna salad so I said "chicken salad is fine"! When I entered it into my food diary - it seems Sodexo must make their chicken salad with full fat may and plenty of it! OVER 600 CALORIES! OMG!!! WT..Heck.:explode: :explode: :explode:

I'm sooo disappointed! We're going out for dinner and I thought I'd saved room! :sad:

Julie - what ever choice you make tomorrow (if you need to make a choice) will be the right one :wink:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    hello girls

Hope everyone is doing good

Anxiously awaiting news on julies' baby (julie i know you are too :smile: )

i am having such a rough time lately, I just can't get my head into it, so stressed about everything and my super anxiey, i fell like i am spinning ...i don't know what is wrong with me, why can't i control what i eat, all i want to do is eat stuff i know isn't good for me and i will feel bad afterwards...i hate this addiction i am coming to belive that i have with food.

sorry for rambling :sad:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Oh my, yesterday was BAD and I am feeling it today. Went out for dinner and beers and ended up eating/drinking an additional day of calories. I am feeling super gross right now (the 4 beers aren't helping either...). When will I learn??
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Lildebbie - I have been where you are soooo many times. It is really hard to focus on ourselves when there is so much else going on that we are stressed about. I will tell you that since I started trying to eat more balanced (protein, healthy fat, and healthy carb) every time I eat - 3 meals and 3 snacks a day ... and also stopping my diet pepsi habit - I have had a lot less cravings and seem to have more control over what I am eating (most of the time). In my nutrition class they talked about how too many carbs and also aspartame (like in diet pop) can cause cravings because our blood sugar is going up and down so much. And the same with not eating enough when skipping meals/snacks can do the same thing. So cravings can be very much a physical thing that is hard to control. Hang in there!
    p.s. if you have any interest in some of the details of the eating plan that I got from my nutrition class let me know and I will email them to you. I typed them up for some other people so I still have that to send.

checking in for yesteday:
    calories: good!
    exercise: good - mowed the lawn and did some weed whipping and tree trimming too
    water: definitely not enough
    proud: that I got some exercise in on my non-exercise day
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I WILL work out today.

No excuses. I have my food all planned out and I am DETERMINED to work off the extra crap.

I've totally lost it lately and can't seem to reel it back in....
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies:

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Slightly over
    Water: 11 glasses
    Exercise: None
    Proud: Talked my mom into getting cute red heels to go with her new black and white dress for a wedding on Friday!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    hello girls

Hope everyone is doing good

Anxiously awaiting news on julies' baby (julie i know you are too :smile: )

i am having such a rough time lately, I just can't get my head into it, so stressed about everything and my super anxiey, i fell like i am spinning ...i don't know what is wrong with me, why can't i control what i eat, all i want to do is eat stuff i know isn't good for me and i will feel bad afterwards...i hate this addiction i am coming to belive that i have with food.

sorry for rambling :sad:

We all haev that problem I think Deb. You aren't alone. Try to find things that DO help you feel better when you are stressed. We think food makes us feel better but we usually end up feeling worse later. {{HUGS}} you aren't alone!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    SISTERS!!! I've missed you all so! I had a dream that Julie had her baby today so i had to stop by to see! I'll write more later...helping my father get back into his apartment. Love you all and miss you loads!!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    SISTERS!!! I've missed you all so! I had a dream that Julie had her baby today so i had to stop by to see! I'll write more later...helping my father get back into his apartment. Love you all and miss you loads!!!
    So nice to see you back Bluenote, hope all goes well with your father.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Thanks girls ! I feel like i am in a better place today.

This week has been horrible at work , i had a failed release on tuesday and now we are re-trying tomorrow and i am praying it goes good, i got a deadline on friday

Then my crazy *kitten* SIL is at again, she is soo mental i swear she is just ranting how we see my family and we are shunned from the rest of the family as we don't care about anybody and we love my family more than DH. She is crazy, my MIL was the same way before her brain injury accident. They are exactly the same. I am trying to re-atteriate to myself that my life has no room for her craziness, that my family, DH and my girls , are my family , they are my world. My mom and sister are always super supportive of everything in my life
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Nancy: So glad you had time to stop by! Hopefully you're here more often now. Hope all goes well with your dad's move back to his apartment.

I haven't seen any updates from Julie in the past few days, so I'm wondering if the little one has made an appearance yet....so suspenseful!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: 10 glasses
    Exercise: 3 hours walking at volunteering
    Proud: I ordered a small blizzard at Dairy Queen. I swear, this time, the ice cream was the bf's request. He rarely eats ice cream, so I couldn't refuse to get him any on my way home....I also couldn't resist. BUT, I did get a backrub out of it, so it was worth the extra calories! :wink:
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Blue and deb - it's great to see you both back here.
    Heather - did you get the mini blizzard? I totally admit to indulging in those occasionally (at least, before our froyo bar opened).
    Julie - CHECK IN! I've been thinking about you lately.

I've been in a bit of a funk the last few days. Busy with work, so minimal time to get online during the day, and just not feeling it at night. I've lost the 2 pounds I gained last week, but it looks like I won't be losing much more this week and I doubt I'll hit onederland by the end of July.

Decided to get myself a 90 minute hot rock massage tomorrow after work as a treat for me that doesn't involve weight, shopping, food, etc. Training is going well, we did some cool things yesterday that would have scared me a year ago.

Check ins for the last week or so - under all days, watching sodium, good with water, exercising most days. Just feeling PMSy. I feel more PMSy now than I did before I went on the Pill, which is irritating.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Allison: I got the small, but I plan on getting the mini blizzard going forward. It just doesn't look like enough ice cream!

So, ladies, I'm sitting here at my desk smiling while I smell the super fragrant flowers my boyfriend sent to me at work today - just because he's awesome like that. Have I mentioned I love this guy? I'm so lucky. :love:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Nancy! Hope things are going well with your dad!
    Can't wait to hear updates from Julie - anyone FB friends with her?
    Heather - hooray for lovely flowers!
    Allison - I feel you on the funk, well done on the non-food related happy. LOVE massages!
    Deb - glad today is better!

Yesterday's check-in:
    Cals - Over by 300....darn you klondike bar! :laugh:
    Water - Not enough! 48 oz
    Exercise - Mile walk
    Proud - Kept my snacking down during the day, so that's a plus.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I'm here on the baby watch ... I hope we hear news from Julie soon!

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: went way over at dinner ... that has been a hard time of day for me all week
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: not sure
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Heather-Your flowers were beautiful!!
    Nancy-So glad to see you back!! Hope your father is doing well!!
    Allison-The hot rock massage sounds like absoulte HEAVEN!!

I'm friends with Julie on facebook. Looks like the doctors are giving her the option to induce and she doesn't know if she wants to or not prior to her due date. If I hear anything else I will let y'all know!

I'm starting attempt #2 of Insanity today...yes..a week before my trip!! My bf and I are going to do it together. Not the actual workouts but workout seperate but the schedule together. If that makes sense! I'm sure the scale will be up weight wise for a bit but it'll be worth it. I saw major results pretty quick last night. Maybe I'll still have a chance at winning my biggest loser competition after all!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    You know what they say -- no news is.... no news.

Doc offered me an elective induction again (breaking my water; they don't think I'll need chemical induction after that but it's a possibility). I've struggled with making a decision about it all day. Every single logical argument I can come up with is in favor of induction yet I can't get myself to commit to it so I haven't called the doctor to schedule one.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Julie! I was just thinking about you and the baby :) Sending good thoughts your way! She's probably just comfy (or waiting to make a grand entrance!)

Today I have managed to log every piece of food. I didn't do too badly (I broke down and had a cupcake)... only 200 calories over right now! And that's including dinner!

Given the recent stresses and er... challenges I've been dealing with, I will consider this a victory and continue to put on foot in front of the other!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Julie - you would think if you already were starting to dialte (whic i believe you were) and they broke your water that "should" onset labor fairly soon?? But what do i know :smile: I was induced with serena ,actually started 8 yrs ago today :smile: I had to go in the night before for them to put this thing on my cervix and then the next morning they started inducing me but nada for like 6 or hrs so they broke my water and still nothing, my very stubborn girl just didn't want to come out...but she was real high too , but when the doc pulled her out she said if we waited till she was ready she would of been huge, as she was already almost 9 lbs .

But then my sister was induced and had my nephew like 2 hrs later.

Hopefully she will just come and you won't have to make a decision :smile: