interesting Points regarding Diet Pop from my trainer

Options

Replies

• pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I find it absolutely hilarious that large people will buy a chocolate bar & a diet drink - what's the point?!? Nuff said :)

Wow!! :(
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I do not think anyone is arguing that some people have a sensitivity to it, but it is really no different than people having allergic reactions to, for example, peanuts. For some people peanuts cause severe problems, but that does not make them inherently 'bad'.

You keep beating me to it :flowerforyou:

Yes, saying that aspartame is "poison" because you had a bad reaction to it would be like a person with a peanut allergy calling peanuts poison. The fact is, MILLIONS of people use artificial sweeteners every day with no ill effects.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If I eat too many blueberries, I have an explosive *kitten*.

Blueberries must be the devil.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

LMFAO Just spit out some of my tea reading this post from a chick saying this, that is soo funny. You must be a tom boy and just so you know this post really delivers..a good laugh that is at least it did for me. Now thats what I call :devil: evil blueberry joke = :laugh: hilarious.

Carry on... carry on.. just had to pause for the cause for a laugh
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    Corn gives me migraines and if my dogs gets ANY form of corn I'm spending 300 at the vet getting her skin and ears under control.

Clearly someone needs to ban corn
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

LOL..this rocks :)
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Because most "trainers" have a medical degree LMAO right.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Splenda in my coffee x 2, diet dp w/ lunch and dinner. I'm certain that I'm consuming too much of the stuff. I guess I need to get through this wall of wanting and justifying these little "calore-free" drinks. What a cruel world! I'm totally effing bummed, yo.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Your sweet, innocent image is forever tainted Lorina.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

I find it absolutely hilarious that large people will buy a chocolate bar & a diet drink - what's the point?!? Nuff said :)

I got a 200-calorie chocolate bar and a diet dr pepper today. course, it was after my 800-plus calorie burn at the gym. so I have plenty of room. is that still hilarious, or am I OK?
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I never liked diet sodas because they tasted gross until I tried Diet Dr. Pepper. Then, I got totally addicted!

I started drinking a can or two a day at minimum and soon discovered that it gave me bladder problems. Pain in my bladder, sometimes pain within, while/after peeing... like a UTI but it wasn't! I medicated for a UTI, but the meds tasted horrible so I dumped them in more Diet Dr Pepper, all of a sudden the symptoms worsened (I drank a TON Of diet dr pepper that day) and I realized what had happened.

Diet Dr. Pepper is sweetened with Aspartame, so was the Equal sweetener I was dumping in my coffee.

Now, I've cut it all out save for a little bit of splenda, now I'll probably just go buy stevia! "D It really screwed me up, within a few days of cutting it all out and drinking plenty of water I was doing fine :D

You also could have had all those bladder problems because the amount of caffeine you had ingested in the soda and coffee had you dehydrated. I'm guessing if you drank all that, you probably didn't get in 8 glasses of water too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    and again *sigh*

Caffiene has a very very minimal impact on hydration.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    blue agave is also natural, and tastes better than stevia!
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    This article is this guys opinion, none of it is fact. I would like to see real, scientific journal articles from a real medical journal. Many 'trainers' call themselves nutritionists, when they are not, in fact nutritionists or dietitians. I know plenty of people who drink diet drinks who are not overweight or obese. Excess calories and sedentary lifestyle cause weight gain. Diet drinks have ZERO calories, therefore, will not cause weight gain. Now, what if those who are drinking diet colas rationalize by saying "i saved 300 kcal by drinking diet instead of regular, I deserve the Big Mac and fries"? Is it the diet cola that caused weight gain? Or the Big Mac and fries? Am I saying diet cola is good for you? Absolutely not. Especially when it replaces healthier options like water and milk. Does it cause weight gain. Absolutely not. Be smart. Moderation is key.

^^^^
    This....I've lost 80 lbs and drink diet soda!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    and again *sigh*

Please stop trying to confuse the situation with facts!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    and again *sigh*

Did I beat you to that one as well :tongue:
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    and again *sigh*

The Situation is easily confused

The_Situation_2_fullsize.png