5'2'' ladies! What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    My goal is 115...

I started at 144.6 I'm at 136.9 now

Before kids I was 110.. but I'm trying for 115.. Maybe once I get there I will try for 110 not sure yet
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have almost always weighed 139 no matter what, since high school. Over the last year my weight crept up to about 148 and let me tell you, 9 extra pounds on someone our height is a big deal. I've gotten down to 138 and immediately almost any back pain that I had went away!
    The lowest I've ever been was around 120 and I felt great about myself at that weight and feel that's a reasonable goal. I don't know that I could ever maintain it though.
    I used to think that 100 pounds or 110 pounds would be amazing, but truth be told, most girls our height who are that weight look ill. I do life insurance physicals and when I see someone who is the same build as myself I pay special attention.
    Most of "us" weigh around 130 or so and look great. When you look in the mirror it's way different.
    Of course we all have different body types too.
    Take a look here:
    http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
    So anyhow in the last 5 weeks or so I've gotten down to 138 and have stayed there for at least two weeks and it's pissing me off lol!!! I've never worked this hard to lose weight and in my mind I should have been 120 by now. Of course at 36, it doesn't happen as quickly as it used to. Initially it did, but now is a different story for whatever reason.
    It's hard to pay more attention to how your clothes are fitting and the obvious differences in your body. The numbers game is so detrimental. I often tell people that I weigh that if I didn't have to have a scale for the job, I wouldn't have a scale period. When pregnant with my daughter, my midwife didn't weigh me once. I thought I'd be nice and smug a couple of weeks after she was born and hop on the scale to see how much I weighed and it was a terrriiibbbllee idea.
    Something else I keep in mind that I also see on this thread--there are girls our size who are definitely obese. Any one of them would probably be very happy to be 138 and may have that as a goal!
    Of course a fit 138 compared to 138 that doesn't take care of herself looks and feels very different.
    Good luck girls!!!!

Cool website!
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and my goal is 115. For YEARS I hovered around 103-105 but after going on antidepressants I ballooned. I have a smallish frame. My ring is a size 4. I wear childrens sizes in shoes, gloves and hats.

I never thought about wearing kids shoes. I wear like a 4.20 size in ring. What size shoe do you wear? I am usually between like a 6-7. I'm 5 foot 2.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and my goal is 115. For YEARS I hovered around 103-105 but after going on antidepressants I ballooned. I have a smallish frame. My ring is a size 4. I wear childrens sizes in shoes, gloves and hats.

I never thought about wearing kids shoes. I wear like a 4.20 size in ring. What size shoe do you wear? I am usually between like a 6-7. I'm 5 foot 2.

Size 6 shoe is 4 in kids. My ring size is 4, too. Gloves and hats especially fit SO much better in kids sizes!!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently weigh 157.6lbs.
    My goal weight is 120lbs, but I think I might want to make it 115lbs once I get to 120lbs...really depends how I feel and look.

M.
  • RaineEstrella
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 175 lbs. My goal is to get to a nice 120lbs which has been recommended to me by my doctor for my height.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm just stretching to reach 5'2". At my heaviest (not pregnant) I was 158 - and that was just recently. I hate it. I am starting to hate me. When I was first married (7 years ago) I weighed in at just under 140, and I was very happy and comfortable with that weight. I'd love to get down to 135. I've started the 30 day shred - hoping to feel a little bit more comfortable in my skin by my brother-in-law's wedding August 6.
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and even in high school I was around 140 and felt good and didn't feel "fat". I wore a size 12 pants, and even though that sounds "big" that was just my comfort zone. I guess it just depends on the person, but personally 140 feels right to me...unless I get down to that and feel the need to go further...I'm not too worried about the number exactly just as long as my blood pressure is down, my blood sugar is steady, and my cholesterol is even. I just say whatever feels comfortable to you personally. =)
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 170, but I'm coming from 325lbs! When I get there, I'll continue to work down.
  • Beachbum03
    Options
    My goal is to be between 135-140, to me the BMI is a bit extreme. Before i had my son i had weighted between 125-130 and people told me that i looked like 2 things: 1. a bobble head and 2. anorexic. I am very curvy and big boned, so i think getting to about 135 should be good for me!
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am actually right at 5 feet. My goal is to be 185 then I can flux betweeen 185-195, but under 200. I have always been a thicker, curvy girl so I expect to maintain the same shape but be completetly fit and muscular like I was in high school and college. I will neverrrrrr be a size 2. Never. And I am perfectly happy with that knowledge. You honestly can't believe those BMI thingies. They are not made for normal people. I would look like a crackhead if I weighed 103 pounds! :noway: :huh:

So figure out what YOUR body is comfortable at...then go for it. If you feel good inside then you are progressing. BE WELL!!!!
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Im 124ish right now but im soo out of shape. I want to get to a weight where i dont have to worry about thigh rubbing and sucking my stomach in... So we'll see how that goes. Im thinking 110ish but that might be too hard
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2". When DH and I got married, I weighed 100lbs. I don't want to be that small, but sure would love to see the 120's again. Have a ways to go, but I am further down than I have been in a looooonnnnnggggg time.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    125 to 130 I think that would be a good number for me
  • Ashley395
    Ashley395 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 159 and want to be between 125-130! Once I get down to my goal I may try and be between 120-125!!
  • ombili
    ombili Posts: 3
    Options
    I think the most important thing is to be healthy. I am 5'2.5" and currently weigh 113 lbs. I would like to weigh 110 but honestly obsessing over pounds in that range sounds a bit unhealthy. Mostly I try to stay active and keep fitting in my clothes...

Like someone else mentioned, your activity makes the most difference in how you feel and look even if it doesn't show on the scale. I am a fitness instructor, and when I started teaching group exercise classes I actually put on some weight (I got up to 118) BUT at the same time I went down a pants size. For those of you who have mentioned the tummy, I highly recommend doing Pilates - it really works your core muscles and will help you get a flat tummy. It also can help with those injuries that keep you from being as active as you might be otherwise.
  • MCEVITTS
    MCEVITTS Posts: 8
    Options
    What really matters is that you like what you see and are healthy. Muscle weighs more than fat, so....when you get around 130 or so, it'll start getting harder to lose the last 5 pounds or so. 125 for 5'2'' is healthy. It also depends on your frame....I have a smaller frame and would like to get down to 124 or so.....if your body is naturally petite, a lower goal would make sense.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I'd like to weigh 130 pounds. My legs are naturally very muscular though so I might end up at my goal size at 140-145 pounds. We'll have to see. Right now I'm about 210 pounds and wear a 16. I'd like to be a 6.
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 3/4 and I'm trying to get back to 115. Quitting smoking (good, but not slimming) and an abrupt switch to a high-stress, sedentary lifestyle of 80 hour full-time work/full-time school weeks with 2+ hours of commuting wreaked havoc on my body and on my eating habits. If I'm much below 115, my immune system isn't so great. I've been below 110, but then I have no energy and my immune system just gives up. I think 115 is sustainable during the work/school year, though really, if I'm consistently below 120, I'll be content enough.

I'm not naturally active, per se. Sports aren't fun for me. Running isn't fun. But long (fast) walks on the beach are totally doable, and I have some light weights and some Pilates and target-toning videos. During my time off, I have plenty of time to do these things. During the work/school year, I seriously can't get all my work/school done, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do. Before I started full-time school in addition to full-time work and had to take up driving everywhere (just to even get there, much less save the time) I walked a minimum of 1.5 miles every day, often in heels, often carrying 20+ lbs in assorted stuff for work, just as part of my day taking transit and walking from place to place. It made a difference without trying.
  • freddyrussell
    freddyrussell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have almost always weighed 139 no matter what, since high school. Over the last year my weight crept up to about 148 and let me tell you, 9 extra pounds on someone our height is a big deal.
    Tell me about it!!
    I'm 19, 5"2, started off at 160lbs and now 145/6lbs. My UGW would be 110lbs, just because on all the BMI sites weight-loss advice sites, everyone has stated that that's the ideal weight. But I love reading all the different goals, so maybe/hopefully my body will look healthy and beautiful at a different weight that's not so far away!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!