30 day shred starts tomorrow - anyone wanna join me?

Options

Replies

• Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 4 done really pushed myself today, I dont know if that means I will pay for it later but right now I feel good! :)
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 3 done. Where is everyone? how are you doing on the shred I see at least 1 other person still going. I hope you guys are still here a going strong :)
  • Bella0608
    Options
    Day 5 level 2 feel like im going to be on this level forever!!!! much harder than level one but I suppose that is the point not going to get results If its easy!! :)
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4 done
  • Bella0608
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4 done

Well done keep it up! :smile:
  • Zaxine
    Zaxine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how heavy weights people are using? I'm using 6lb weights but have had a look at level two and think that 6lbs maybe a bit heavy.

:smile:
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4 done

Well done keep it up! :smile:
    Thanks this is actually my second round of the 30day shred and it's actually harder cuz I'm in 90f with almost constant 50-60% humidity so I sweat more and i'm actually slipping when doing the planks...
  • sdj13
    sdj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    Well after 9 days vacation I got back to shred today. Did level 1 and level 2 back to back so technically done level 1 day 6 and level 2 day 1. I'm assuming the break, the horrible heat and humidity, and an eight o'clock dinner all contributed to feeling like I was going to puke a couple times. With that being said I kept going and think I did a pretty decent job! Level 2 is defiitely a step up from level 1 but I just compare to where I was during my first round of shred and I am defiitely stronger this time around so there's no excuse!
  • sdj13
    Options
    I was wondering how heavy weights people are using? I'm using 6lb weights but have had a look at level two and think that 6lbs maybe a bit heavy.

:smile:

I use 5 pounders. The first time I did shred I used 5s for level 1, but with levels 2 and 3 I switched it up between 3s and 5s depending on the move. If you can do 6 more power to you!
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done half way through...
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looks like you are all working at it and sticking to the shred. Well done to you all!!

I had to have a break from level 2 unfortunately as my left knee was starting to puff up. I have to say that I find the 30day shred quite hard on my knees which are a bit of a weekness for me. Didn't want to over do it. So I had 4 day break but was straight back at it last night on Level 2 and will do my best to do 5days this week and have a rest at weekend but do alternative exercise to give my knee a rest.

Keep it up guys!!
  • sdj13
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done half way through...

way to go!
  • sdj13
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looks like you are all working at it and sticking to the shred. Well done to you all!!

I had to have a break from level 2 unfortunately as my left knee was starting to puff up. I have to say that I find the 30day shred quite hard on my knees which are a bit of a weekness for me. Didn't want to over do it. So I had 4 day break but was straight back at it last night on Level 2 and will do my best to do 5days this week and have a rest at weekend but do alternative exercise to give my knee a rest.

Keep it up guys!!

you're being smart about things. as jillian says "no injuries please!"
  • sdj13
    Options
    Level 1 day 7 and level 2 day 2 done!! I'm having an "I can do anything if I put my mind to it" kind of day so it went really well. Level 1 was really good and even with doing level 2 right after I didn't struggle too much. Did all those darn military press things but I still had to go slower than I'd like for the chair position weights part (I'm really bad at remembering the official names of the moves). All in all I felt great afterwards! Also got a 20 min run in earlier, first run starting my half marathon training maybe that's why I'm so pumped today!
  • sdj13
    Options
    Argh double post sorry! iPad does whacky things sometimes.
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Level 2 Day 6 done :D
  • Bella0608
    Options
    Day 8 level 2!! some things are easier but some are NOT!! lol x
  • fpueblo
    Options
    Day 8 level 2!! some things are easier but some are NOT!! lol x

I felt that way when I did day 8 level 2 first time. I was also back from vacation though so that might have made it feel worse...
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I think I just finished day 8 on level 1. Had to take a few days off...my mom passed away last week and I was her care taker. I will miss her so much, but she was 92 yrs. old and she lived an amazing life.

Anyway, I don't usually do 2 days in a row. I alternate the shred with the treadmill. I walk for at least one hour any where from 3 - 4 mph. every other day. Sometimes I go 2 or 3 days in between the shred.

I can already notice a difference in how my jeans fit though! Not tight at all!

I can now do all the jumping jacks. The first few days I could not do even 3.
    The 'Bicycle Ab' kills me. I usually have to take a 5 second break.

For weights I use cans of soup which are not very heavy. lol. Sometimes I use 2 books. They are heavier than the soup. I probably should get some weights. lol.

But I am still hangin in!
    Good luck to everybody!
    It's good to read everybody's experiences.
    sue

I still do the girly push ups. Maybe I will try the regular kind next.
  • sdj13
    Options
    Level 1 day 8 and level 2 day 3 done. Two more days of doubling up before I get a day off (going to be at the beach!) level 2 is starting to feel a lot better. How is everyone else doing?