Lose 5 Pounds A Month July 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm in again, summer helps me stay on target!

I'm starting at 165 lb
    August 1st goal 159lb I'm going for 6 lbs just because I want to beat the 60's soooo badly :tongue:

Good luck everyone! We can do it :heart:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    In as always :) I'll be back on the first with my starting weight.
    Good luck all!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm up for giving this a go. I weighed in today at 249.5 lbs. Are you planning on some sort of leaderboard or other incentive?

No, we just encourage everyone to push as best as they can and offer advice, etc as needed. Extremely friendly group :) Welcome!
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in all the way!!! :happy: I only get weighed in every other week with my trainer, I try not to get on the scale at home. Trying to stick to one scale reading. I will log my weight lost on 07/09,07/23 & 07/30.
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Game on !!
  • stepha1013
    stepha1013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am in. I just started last week so the motivation will definitely help :)
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in. And if anyone wants to join up, but doesn't have 25-30 lbs to lose, you can borrow some of mine.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mee!!!
  • Lynwilli
    Lynwilli Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm in 154 today.
  • ceeceew
    ceeceew Posts: 21
    Options
    I wanna play... Took me 5 weeks to lose 6lbs, so maybe I can make it. I'm gonna be away for a week and at two weddings. Honetsly, if I can maintain my current weight, that will be a feat.
  • kevinaddo
    kevinaddo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lets ave it here we go !!!!!!!!
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! Shall weigh in on Friday but Wednesday's are my normal days so I shall be weighing then. SO up for this, let's kick *kitten*!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Although I must say...I really wonder how ppl can shoot for x amount by x date...my body seems to just give me what it gives me & as badly as I want it, I can't seem to speed up the loss any!! I have about 1-2 weeks per month that I lose nothing! :(. Oh well...I'll give it a shot!!!

I agree with this. 5 pounds is for some people really doable and for others a struggle but it gives us all a goal to shoot for. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for many months now, but I keep trying.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I'm in! I have seven left to go (until my final revised goal) so that would be great for me!

Can we get some sort of organisation, because there's never any follow up!!!!!

We tend to be pretty informal and everyone is on the honor system. Report what you are comfortable with. Its not a Biggest Loser competition but a group to support everyone in their goal to lose weight and get healthy.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hey, I'm in. And if anyone wants to join up, but doesn't have 25-30 lbs to lose, you can borrow some of mine.

Thanks for your sharing attitude but I think most people in this challenge will probably politely turn you down.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Count me in too, even though I would be happy to lose even 2 pounds a month.
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    YES!!! I actually made a personal challenge to do that just that, so its even better to be involved in something that includes other people.

LETS DO IT!!!!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have seven left to go (until my final revised goal) so that would be great for me!

Can we get some sort of organisation, because there's never any follow up!!!!!

We follow up all the time. Each of us post our weekly weigh ins on our own weigh day and we tend to be a really supportive group. we will be here continuously weather its good news or bad news or just to say hey and see how everyone is doing. welcome to the group
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Im back in!

Can you believe it.. :noway: My one year MFP anaversary is in two days!!!!:noway: :tongue:
    Well as you can see I have hardly lost very much weight but I have lost a total of 40 pounds with and without MFP 30 of which being over the past year and 2 months! and that other ten was in september 09 when I had my baby

:drinker: So Wish me luck this month that I will finally get under 150 BEFORE I Begin gaining again im planning on starting to try to get pregnant starting in August:love:

Im still polishing my workout routine im trying to get out and walk but having an entire chapter in math which is 150 problems due every 2 days on top of my english discussion posts updated daily and being up till midnight doing homework 2 or 3 days a week it is getting really hard to get out and exercise and im litterally at work all weekend from 3pm friday till 11pm sunday night so no weekend workouts for me we will see hopefully I can get a routine nailed down this month if not class ends the end of this month anyway lol
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This will motivate me to workout no matter how busy I am.