July- Day by Day Challenge- pt 11 (OPEN)

Options
The premise is to set daily goals. By writing them and telling other people about them, you are more likely to do them. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

You're not obligated to come on everyday. We understand that life gets hectic, just come back when you can. No explaination needed, we will all welcome you again with open arms.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, We had several new members in June join us. I hope everyone will come back and maybe see a few new faces so we can continue to make this board a success. This thread is still going strong. It'll be a year in August!

Thank you, Nicole, PSUgrl921 ! I will always honor and acknowledge you as the founder of day by day! We're just keeping your vision alive. Come back when you can, we're always here for you.

So whaddaya say? Sounds like something you can do? Post your goals (fitness or non fitness) and come back and let us know how you did the next day!

This is for July. If you read this in the next 2 days start here. And it will give you a better idea of the format.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253751-june-day-by-day-challenge-pt-10-open

Replies

• TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Bump For July :bigsmile:

I'm planning On a strong productive Month!!!! :drinker:

Let's do This Ladies
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this thread.

I haven't decided on my July 1 goals yet, but I will post them soon. Still a few days away.... :happy:
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I need to be super focussed in July physically and financially to attain some big personal goals. Having daily goals would be an awesome help! Yay!
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new thread Leela!

Bump for Friday.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :smile: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    bumpity-bump in the night... or day...
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Let's see how July treats me... Or how I treat July... :wink:

Looking forward to another month with you ladies! I didn't know this thread/challenge has been going on for almost a year! Most of you are 'originals'??
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Okay July here we come :bigsmile:

Hello Ladies!!

My July 1st Daily Goal:

1) stretch before getting out of bed ................................................
    2) 5.5 mile walk before coming online.........................................
    3) stay under calorie allowance....................................................
    4) Watch my sodium / getting way to high......................................
    5) call customers & switch my days / taking Monday off for July 4th................
    6) Make car insurance payment....................................................
    7) try & get more jogging into my walk routines........................

:heart: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: LETS MOVE MORE & EAT LESS, LETS EAT HEALTHY & WORKOUT HARD :drinker:
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Fri, July 1 goals:

1) Walk at least 3 miles
    2) Log food and exercise
    3) 30 grams fiber
    4) push up challenge
    5) my july dailies challenge (50 mountain climber twists, 30 squats, 30 lunges, 25 beginner burpees)
    6) 2 liters water
    7) enjoy day off with hubby!
    8) wrap up work week
    9) weigh in!
    10) do something relaxing!

Happy almost Friday everyone! :)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    July 1 goals:
    1) Start Ripped again (D1W1)
    2) While doing the Shred (D2L3)
    3) And enjoying Canada Day (I forget what we have planned, if anything...)
    4) Save money
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    June 30's recap:
    June 30's goals:
    1. eat a balanced breakfast. YES
    2. run errands while daughter is at camp. YES
    3. daughter to swimming YES
    4. zumba, even if I miss the first part, cardio after? YES...BLAH...DIDN'T STAY LONG, DID A LITTLE CARDIO AFTERWARDS.
    5. eat dinner at a decent time. NOT TOO LATE!

July 1's goals:
    1. go to gym while my daughter is in camp.
    2. eat healthy all day.
    3. cook meals in advance for the weekend (so no excuses not to eat right).
    4. go to bed early as I have to get up early on Saturday.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    MissConfidence, how are you going to do number 7 Spend time with hubby when it seems like you have so many other things going on?? j/k Sometimes I find it very hard to keep everything in order and still making time for alone time with my honey.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My first goal post on the day-today Challenge! Going to be a great month!

July 1

1. Do day 1 of 30DS
    2. Drink 64ounces of water
    3. Do week9day2 of C25K
    4. Have fun with the kids of Canada Day...even though we are in the US
    5. Call cable to change billing info
    6. Update YNAB
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for June 30:
    1. Water!--Yes.
    2. HEALTHY choices and track my foods.--Yes.
    3. Clean off my desk!!!--No.

Have today off but have to work both Saturday and Monday (holiday). Oh well, I don't mind too much. We'll be grilling salmon, etc. at our house so my son and brother will be doing the cooking!

Momma--Have a good weekend!

Leela--Congrats on the job offer!

Methistime--"learn how to post"--Love it! I had never used a message board before but I ALMOST have it down now!

I want to start getting back into a workout routine so my plan is 15 every morning before work and 30 minutes on my days off--I plan to build from there.

Goals for July 1:
    1. Water!!!
    2.Workout for 30 minutes.
    3. Healthy choices and only ONE slice of pizza tonight with a hUGE salad.
    4. Bed by 10:30. (Working later in the morning tomorrow.)
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    1410228k1j3adwo6e.gif
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    MissConfidence, how are you going to do number 7 Spend time with hubby when it seems like you have so many other things going on?? j/k Sometimes I find it very hard to keep everything in order and still making time for alone time with my honey.

I know right?? Well, a lot of what I have planned for today is working out so if I can convince him to do some with me, that's one way to spend time together... !! But yea, my life sometimes seems so off - spending time on things that I don't like doing and have the things I love always coming in second, or third... At least, this is what I've noticed about my life and I'm trying to change that. Working on my health is one way to start because I will inevitably feel and act better and be better company, lol! Speaking of which, we'll be going out with friends tonight (don't remember the last time... yikes...) so looking forward to that! Not exactly alone time but being social is important too!!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    midday check in:
    July 1's goals:
    1. go to gym while my daughter is in camp. NO, CLEANED THE HOUSE AND DID SOME ZUMBA. WE WILL GO TOGETHER WHEN I PICK HER UP FROM CAMP.
    2. eat healthy all day. I''VE BEEN TRYING. HAD A FEW SLIPUPS
    3. cook meals in advance for the weekend (so no excuses not to eat right). ITS TOO HOT TO COOK, BUT I WILL GET IT DONE TODAY
    4. go to bed early as I have to get up early on Saturday. IS YET TO BE SEEN. DEPENDS ON HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR ME TO FINISH COOKING AND CLEANING.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    made it to the gym, finished the laundry, and am scheduled to get in the bed no later than 11. (not as early as I would have liked, but not as late as I usually go)

Saturday's goals:
    1. eat breakfast before going out to breakfast (sounds odd, I know).
    2. spend time with my daughter.
    3. find time to go to the gym.
    4. kid zumba @4.
    5. water, water, water!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Great challenge!

Mine for today (Saturday) are:

1. drink 8 cups of water
    2. go to the gym and work my butt off for an hour
    3. eat more fruit and veges (on way, had 5 strawberries as a snack)
    4. stretch before working out
    5. limit number of teas i drink
  • Steph_135
    Options
    July 1 goals:
    1) Start Ripped again (D1W1) YES
    2) While doing the Shred (D2L3) NO
    3) And enjoying Canada Day (I forget what we have planned, if anything...) SURE
    4) Save money YES
    July 2:
    1) Put piano lessons from computer to laptop
    2) Piano practice
    3) D2W1 Ripped
    4) D2 L3?
    5) Fill out applications that I need to do online
    6) Go to bed earlier! Goodness!!

pmjsmom... That is one HAPPY Canada Day gif!! :laugh: