30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 7 Lvl 1 - Cardio was the eaiest it been for me. Plus, the workout just flew by tonight. Looking forward to starting Lvl 2, but I have already done it in the past so I know I should stick with 1 for a couple more days. I will start Lvl 2 next week (probably Mon) after my rest day.

BTW, I bought a size 8 jeans tonight. It's my 2nd size down since I started MFP in mid-March. When I started I was a 12/14 depending on the jeans.

Everyone is doing so great.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics? :happy:
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Day 1 Level 2 wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. It was certainly harder since I've gotten so used to Level 1 and man was I sweating but I'm only slightly sore today. Actually it's just nice the do something different and I'm sure in 10 days it will be much easier. Keep it up shredders!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, two more days and Im moving up to level 2!! I haven't measured my hips or waist lately, but my shorts are definitely looser! Im seeing definition in the ol' biceps and my calves are rockin'! :happy: Let the journey continue! :drinker:
  • karenodonut
    karenodonut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 done.

You know when Jillian says "I want you to feel like you are going to die" ?

Yes, that.
  • angieaanderson
    Options
    Back to square one! I was a baddddd girl over the weekend and didn't shred for one second. Horrible.

Monday, I decided I would start all over again, making tonight Day 3. I'm actually really looking forward to it now that I'm not cursing Jillian between each workout, haha.

My husband's found a REALLY good way to motivate me in his own "special" little way. Last night, I decided that I would let myself eat one marshmallow. ONE! As I was getting ready to pop it into my mouth, my husband walks in the kitchen and yells "WHAT WOULD GILLIAN (Jillian) SAY IF SHE SAW YOU EATING THAT?!"

I immediately felt the guilt suckerpunch me in the gut, heard Jillian screeching "don't phone it in!" in my head, put the marshmallow down and scampered off.

Later, as I was setting up my little work-out area in front of the TV, he props the DVD case up on top of the TV and tells me "Gillian (Jillian) is watching you. Be good."

It's gonna be an interesting 30 days.
  • DizneGal
    DizneGal Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm on day six and I haven't noticed anything. :( Yes, it's slightly easier..but maybe I need to increase my weights? I'm only using 2lb weights. Any ideas?? I'm starting to get discouraged, but I know Rome wasn't built in a day. Any advice?!?! :)
  • foodieworkieoutie
    foodieworkieoutie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What do you mean Level 1 and Level 2? I am interested!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just completed L1D10. Burned more calories because for rows and chest flys I moved to 8lb weights and for everything else I alternated between 3 and 5lb weights. Hope I'm ready for level 2...I'm previewing it now....OMG!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    I'm on day six and I haven't noticed anything. :( Yes, it's slightly easier..but maybe I need to increase my weights? I'm only using 2lb weights. Any ideas?? I'm starting to get discouraged, but I know Rome wasn't built in a day. Any advice?!?! :)

If it's too easy for you move up to heavier weights, the least I use is 3 and that's only for the anterior lifts and I use up to 8 (for the bicep curls and chest flys), 5 for everything else, if you're not feeling a burn basically the whole time it's time to use heavier weights and get deeper into the moves. But don't expect a bunch of results, try to be patient for the 30 days and then compare photos and measurements but not weight. You can do it!!!!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    What do you mean Level 1 and Level 2? I am interested!

Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred video consists of 3 levels, each 10 days or so depending on when you are ready to move on and each level is harder.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Those that are getting ready to move on to the next level, in your last few days make extra effort to do the moves as fluidly as possible. Don't swing the weights when doing curls, don't use your back to do crunches just pull with your abs, don't bring the weights down too far when doing the lifts (stay at 90 degrees), don't "pop" out of any exercise, release slowly. If you try to mirror Anita or Natalie instead of throwing yourself about then you're going to get a better workout and be more ready for the next level. Just a little something I found as the workouts were getting easier because obviously they shouldn't have been that easy.

Keep Shredding!!
  • MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm doing todays workout, D7L1, It is still hard for me to do the pushups. And when I do the exercises that require so much effort out of my legs they get so worn out that I can not continue, and I end up stopping for about 5 seconds then starting again. Sometimes I have to do this a few times. And my mouth is SSSOOO dry that I find it very hard not to grab my water during that stop.

On a good note..... My neighbor told me I looked like I have lost at least 5 pounds. I do not weigh in till friday morning so I will see............ Last Friday I had not lost anything. So I sure hope I have lost something.
  • vtakougang
    vtakougang Posts: 46
    Options
    i've been doing this workout for a week now, and after 5 days i'm on level, and i'm extremely sore! when did anyone start noticing results weight lose wise, and lost inches wise? have you changed your diet at all?
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, I couldn't get out to do my run today or tonight so did Day 8 Lvl 1 tonight. Only 2 days left on Lvl1 :0)

I tell you what I tried to quit serveral times tonight. But I didn't. I was having a hard time clearing my head. This has just been a long, HOT day. It was 108 at some point today. I am so bloated I can hardly stand it. And I have had so much water I might float away. Thanks for listening. I am going to shower, then knit for awhile.

Se ya'll tomorrow.
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    D3L2 done! Definitely took some effort to get started but by the time I wanted to stop (circuit 3) it was almost over! I find circuit 3 to be the most difficult especially after the cardio of circuit 2! Measuring tomorrow...hopefully i have some more losses but the TOM is coming at some point and I feel the bloat :S....plus though there is definitely more definition in my arms (now if only the fat would come off! lol)
  • karenodonut
    karenodonut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 3 done. It's SO HARD.
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Level 1 Day 10 completed this morning, I plan to do level 2 this evening as I have missed a total of 4 days over the last 10 :frown:
    I can feel it getting easier but I have lost no weight and no inches so far :grumble:
    My hubbie says he can see a difference (and he should know he sees me naked :laugh: )
    I am using cans of beans but plan to get myself some weights next week :tongue:

Well done everyone, stick with it and I am sure we will all be happy with the results
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hello, ladies. I would love to join. I've done 30 DS before and started back.. tonight will be day 3 of level 1! I am feeling it.. love this work out.. fast but effective!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    i've been doing this workout for a week now, and after 5 days i'm on level, and i'm extremely sore! when did anyone start noticing results weight lose wise, and lost inches wise? have you changed your diet at all?

I measured and weighed myself yesterday. So far I've lost 5.4lbs and I've lost 2in in my waist, 2.5in in my hips, and 1in in my thighs! =)
    I'm probably getting these results because I'm really out of shape. I'm 207.6lbs at 5'6" & before this video I wasn't working out AT ALL. I've also only taken 1 day off. Today is Day 1 of Level 2 for me. =) Level 1 started off hard and got easier, I'm hoping Level 2 gets a lot easier after I try it. Kind of nervous for today.

Btw, I haven't changed my diet. I always stay under my calorie goal & I still do.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred results:

I completed all 30 days straight! And here are the results:

I lost 2 1/2 inches overall and I lost 3 lbs too. However - best thing I've noticed is that my arms & shoulders are more defined and I feel a lot more strength in them. Also my thighs are getting to be rock hard! Not sure if that is from Jillian or all the running I've been doing lately, but I'm very pleased! So all those jumping jacks, push ups, and planks are worth it! ☺