Things/topics that bother you the most in the forums...

Options
zudleymarie
zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
.....and....GO.

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    People posting questions about fad diets. I thought the whole point of this site was to lose weight the healthy way, and to keep it off. Drives me insane!
  • ShyBreasts
    ShyBreasts Posts: 91
    Options
    I never get a notification if someone comments on a topic I made or to me on a separate one :/

It makes me sad because I want to take part and discuss things :(
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Things not health/diet/exercise related....
    Can't stand seeing dating or relationship topics...
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    When people don't actually read the original post. Their response sounds pretty silly.

Also, people who are just trying to stir up trouble.

Grammer doesn't even bother me that much... which is really a shocker because I minored in English and it's one of my biggest pet peaves.

EDIT: I totally agree with all of the above!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    *Long distance runners have no muscle
    *Carb bashers
    *People who would have you drown in your own drinking water
    *Diet pill people
    *People that act like just because they haven't heard something, it doesn't exist.
    *People bashing others for not liking their specific healthy habit
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I never get a notification if someone comments on a topic I made or to me on a separate one :/

It makes me sad because I want to take part and discuss things :(
    Same here!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    When people say "OH YOU MUSTA GAINED MUSCLE" after a week or two of working out when someone sees a gain of two pounds. It takes so much longer than one week to gain two pounds of muscle. I wish people would quit spreading this rumor.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I hate that women keep asking about weight gain, eating more, feeling tired, etc. during their 'time of the month." You've been dealing with it for years, you know what happens, you know it goes away, get over it. I for one do not let my period change anything about my life.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    should i eat my exercise calories? I know it is most often new people that ask this... but everyone has an opinion on it... and everyone's opinion is different.

HGB diet... we are here for healthy weight loss!

how much is a cup of water? 8oz... not that hard!

why am i not losing weight? ... because you aren't eating!!
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1) Excuses (esp. for why you fell off the wagon)
    2) Questions that could easily be answered with a google search
    3) People who assume that the reason they're overweight, is the reason someone else is overweight
    4) Quick Fixes - Drugs, fad diets, eating disorders
    5) Religion. I don't share mine with you, I don't need to hear about yours.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is when people express themselves or their opinion and then I see people get sensitive and go on attack mode. I will refrain from posting as much because it drives me crazy how people will jump on you. But sometimes you find really great people and advice.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    When people don't actually read the original post. Their response sounds pretty silly.

Grammer doesn't even bother me that much... which is really a shocker because I minored in English and it's one of my biggest pet peaves.

Grammar even... :tongue: Sorry, I couldn't resist! :smile:
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    Peolpe that express their political views and vulgarity! Especially both in the same sentence!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Grrrr when people say they can't eat all of their calories...NOT the extra from exercising (don't get me started on THAT endless debate on the forums), but say they can't eat what they're given...even if it's 1,200. Please.
  • beach_chelle
    beach_chelle Posts: 221
    Options
    people saying muscle weighs more than fat. 5 lbs of muscle = 5 lbs of fat. muscle is just denser so it takes up less space.
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options

Grammar even... :tongue: Sorry, I couldn't resist! :smile:

LOL! Too funny! Totally sad I didn't notice it!
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Cheat days!!, surely this cancels out all your hard work thro week...maybe a treat yes..but a whole day?!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    People posting questions about fad diets. I thought the whole point of this site was to lose weight the healthy way, and to keep it off. Drives me insane!

1000x this!
    When people say "OH YOU MUSTA GAINED MUSCLE" after a week or two of working out when someone sees a gain of two pounds. It takes so much longer than one week to gain two pounds of muscle. I wish people would quit spreading this rumor.

About a year or so ago, my friend was just starting to work out, and he said to me "I hopped on the scale, and it said I gained 8 pounds. Must be muscle because I haven't eaten anything bad." =| He's gotten a lot smarter about weight loss/nutrition since that, but I had to stop myself from laughing.
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just learned a LOT from this post already!
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    -People who ask about the negative effects of smoking cigarettes (just quit!)
    -Posts of funny pictures (this isn't facebook!)