Things/topics that bother you the most in the forums...

Options

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    When people don't actually read the original post. Their response sounds pretty silly.

Also, people who are just trying to stir up trouble.

Grammer doesn't even bother me that much... which is really a shocker because I minored in English and it's one of my biggest pet peaves.

EDIT: I totally agree with all of the above!

Grammar even... :tongue: Sorry, I couldn't resist! :smile:

Haha... I'm glad you said something, because I totally would have! I agree though, poor grammar and rude comments are on completely different levels of toleration.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    1) Excuses (esp. for why you fell off the wagon)
    2) Questions that could easily be answered with a google search
    3) People who assume that the reason they're overweight, is the reason someone else is overweight
    4) Quick Fixes - Drugs, fad diets, eating disorders
    5) Religion. I don't share mine with you, I don't need to hear about yours.

Oh, goodness YES, especially on number 5! I actually came across a post the other day where someone said, "If anyone's interested in learning more about my religion, just follow this link!"

It's bad enough I have it on my doorstep, ma'am. I don't want it in my weight loss forum. Thanks!

Kris
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    People who are drama magnets.... they are everywhere!!! LOL
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I :heart: the poster that brought up "lose" and "loose"....that one always makes me cringe.

And when people say "weight" instead of weigh. Like "I do my weight in on Friday and I don't know why I weight the same as last week." BangHead.gif

Drama...and the people that sit around the forums just waiting to jump in at the slightest hint of a disagreement only to fuel it. stickwhack.gif
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Posters that tell people this is a weight loss site not a blah blah blah.
    Uptight posters should be thrown in jail.

yup, that's why we have a chit-chat section...even the CREATOR of this site realizes people will make friends and chat and flirt and have fun....
    i HATE dating and marriage and relationship topics.. this is a DIET AND EXERCISE WEBSITE.. not eHarmony!

ugh...see above...LMAO

Mine:
    undereaters who b!tch that they can't lose. EAT something!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    30DS and Zumba clogging up the forum... generally about how many calories it will burn...

I once saw 4 threads, all under 'Recent Posts', asking about Zumba calories burned. Seriously?

beat that! ive seen 6!

One uppers drive me crazy.

:tongue:

LOLLL I'm kidding.

But---

*People who comment just to say they don't like the topic/the tone of the conversation/etc. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you read it and don't like it, just move on.

*People that don't know how to debate or discuss things correctly. It's 99% never personal, but some people always are on the defense.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    1) Excuses (esp. for why you fell off the wagon)
    2) Questions that could easily be answered with a google search
    3) People who assume that the reason they're overweight, is the reason someone else is overweight
    4) Quick Fixes - Drugs, fad diets, eating disorders
    5) Religion. I don't share mine with you, I don't need to hear about yours.

Oh, goodness YES, especially on number 5! I actually came across a post the other day where someone said, "If anyone's interested in learning more about my religion, just follow this link!"

It's bad enough I have it on my doorstep, ma'am. I don't want it in my weight loss forum. Thanks!

Kris

Exactly that.

And those who bash others for choosing to follow a low carb lifestyle, or any lifestyle they choose (unless it's a stupid thing, like the "Twinkie Diet". :indifferent: ) You don't have to follow that lifestyle, so why should you care? :explode:
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    People who tell us not to comment if we don't like something or don't agree with something posted--probably one of my biggest peeves.

Kris
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I actually don't mind hearing about someone else's ****ty relationship that they like to ***** about, but, aren't going to do anything about it any way, as it just re enforces how fantastic mine is
  • That_Girl
    Options
    People who tell us not to comment if we don't like something or don't agree with something posted--probably one of my biggest peeves.

Kris

Oops! Sorry :smile: It was more about the people who comment just to tell us we are being rude or whatever. If the people in the discussion have no problem, I don't know why other people would. If you don't like something and can offer another insight to the topic, then please post!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Social Proof

but what really grinds my gears, what really makes me want to go nuclear, are the constant cries of "amen!!!" or "preach it!!!" after every freakin' inane, poorly thought out rant.

Stop it already. It's not big. It's not clever. If I wanted to be part of a religious seminary I would wear sandals. And learn how to do that nifty trick with the loaves and fishes and stuff...
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Social Proof

but what really grinds my gears, what really makes me want to go nuclear, are the constant cries of "amen!!!" or "preach it!!!" after every freakin' inane, poorly thought out rant.

Stop it already. It's not big. It's not clever. If I wanted to be part of a religious seminary I would wear sandals. And learn how to do that nifty trick with the loaves and fishes and stuff...

:laugh:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Trolls!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things. One thing that really really bothers me is "fishing" posts/ threads. I understand that we all love to hear how great we are doing and that someone thinks we look great, but I can't stand to see the same person post thread after thread of "look at me" crap. .... don't get me wrong updates are great and I LOVE to see my friends progress, it's just the "fishing" for attention that bothers me. I also can mirror quite a few of the PP with the "viral" bad/ wrong info. I think we owe it to ourselves to do research on own accord to verify information. I also would appreciate if people would use the "search" button more often. :laugh: Lastly (for now) I HATE to see a thread topic that is highly controversial with the O poster asking for advice then ignoring or bashing the responses because it's not what they wanted to hear. If you can't take the heat don't post it! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Trolls!

*feeds*
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is when some thinks they done wonderful with there food intake for the day and it looks like crap and then wonders why they arent losing weight and or still hungry. They dont realize they need to eat their recommended calories with good foods that provides essential fuel for the body.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Social Proof

Amen! :tongue: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • RiverInTheRoad
    Options
    It bugs the ever loving *kitten* out of me when people don't know the difference between LOOSE and LOSE.

LOOSE - Hey look! My pants are LOOSE because I've been dieting!

LOSE - I'm going to LOSE my fingers if I don't pay this hooker for her fantastic services!

Learn the difference people. It's not as hard as it looks. ;)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    It bothers me when someone is using this site to boost their own ego by judging other people.

Someone once posted that they really got off on seeing other people's food diaries - that it made them feel good to see that other people are eating McDonald's etc. Remember that what matters is what YOU are eating! :laugh:
    Doesn't really affect your weight if Thy Neighbor is eating fried food 24/7 (unless you are a conjoined twin, and even then it depends on where you are connected...) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Honestly, what I hate most about the forums: mammoth-sized signatures. A ticker or two is one thing. But a full side-by-side before/after pic PLUS a ticker PLUS a challenge banner is just a bit much.

+ Millions of 30DS/Zumba/etc threads
    + Lack of "search"ing. I'm new to MFP, but it's not hard to hit Search or take a trip down Google Lane before posting.
    + Crying about slow/no loss, hunger, etc when their food log is full of crap.

TL;DR - Same stuff everybody else said + dislike of mega huge sigs.