Things/topics that bother you the most in the forums...

Options

Replies

• hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    Misusing "lose" and "loose". Correct usage is, "I am here to lose weight so my clothes will be loose".

yes yes yes yes!!!!
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I still say Jodie Foster has nice shoulders.

...and people who can't stay on topic.

This.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i HATE dating and marriage and relationship topics.. this is a DIET AND EXERCISE WEBSITE.. not eHarmony!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    * hcg diet advocates (or other get-slim-quick diets)
    * the ongoing argument regarding eating back exercise calories
    * people with NO sense of humor getting worked up over absolutely nothing
    * MFPers who ask questions that are asked dozens of times, daily. (there's a SEARCH feature in the forums people!)
    * people who encourage unhealthy behavior
    -that's enough for now-
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It always seems the newbies.. (started within the last 1-2 months) are always the ones that are venting about eating exercise calories, too much protein, lose vs loose, is diet pop good.

Be on here for 2 years and you will see the same questions get asked 6-8 times a month.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Cheat days!!, surely this cancels out all your hard work thro week...maybe a treat yes..but a whole day?!

actually there is method in the madness. Not for everyone mind...
  • funfitfoodie
    Options
    30DS and Zumba clogging up the forum... generally about how many calories it will burn...
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I gets on my last nerve that if a post asks, how do you like zumba, you'd better duck if you say it wasn't to your taste. Why ask others if you've already made up your mind its the ultimate in exercise? Don't Ever admit you don't think running is for everyone. There a so many ways to exercise why must just one be the right way for all? Please.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    People who assume they are smarter than everyone else. I love these people, They get their panties twisted so quickly.

THIS!!!! It always seems to be the SAME people too! At least its entertaining watching them completely freak out over something silly. :laugh:
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When people don't actually read the original post. Their response sounds pretty silly.

Also, people who are just trying to stir up trouble.

Grammer doesn't even bother me that much... which is really a shocker because I minored in English and it's one of my biggest pet peaves.

EDIT: I totally agree with all of the above!

I see wat you did there
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Topics regarding things/topics that bother you the most in the forums....

:P
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    30DS and Zumba clogging up the forum... generally about how many calories it will burn...

Forgot about this! I'd actually add P90X to it as well because I get annoyed by how people think all of these exercise DVDs are somehow something superior to any other balanced exercise routine.
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I hate that women keep asking about weight gain, eating more, feeling tired, etc. during their 'time of the month." You've been dealing with it for years, you know what happens, you know it goes away, get over it. I for one do not let my period change anything about my life.

This! Unless something abnormal is happening, then it is OK but for the most part it is the same old same old.
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    5) Religion. I don't share mine with you, I don't need to hear about yours.

I know that without the touch of his noodly appendage, I wouldn't be able to do this!

28i57vl.jpg

lol!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

I once saw 4 threads, all under 'Recent Posts', asking about Zumba calories burned. Seriously?
  • funfitfoodie
    Options

I once saw 4 threads, all under 'Recent Posts', asking about Zumba calories burned. Seriously?

beat that! ive seen 6!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Threads posted complaining or lecturing others that they are not using MFP "right" or the way they think it should be used.
    Live and let live.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Ramen, Carl!!

This site is what you make of it, some people are using is solely for tracking their caloric intake/exercise progress, while some people use it for social networking...and others (I would suspect most people) use it for both.

I think most of the things that bug me have been mentioned...so I really have no idea while I'm posting! :laugh:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Anything judgemental sets my teeth on edge. Life is too short to worry about what anyone else does or says.