Things/topics that bother you the most in the forums...

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Carb-bashing threads really bother me. I have no problem with the fact that some people choose to go low-carb. It seems to work well for some. But please don't say carbs are evil or that you can't lose weight if you don't go low-carb. Maybe YOU can't, but plenty of us can ... and do..
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's hard to have a conversation without notification someone commented on your comment.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Should I eat my exercize calorie posts drive me UP THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see sooooo many of those every day!!

Those people that claim to eat like 600 calories and burn 20000000 a day and can't figure out why they aren't losing..........because you are STARVING MORON!

Loose and lose is annoying but I just ignore this one.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Grrrr when people say they can't eat all of their calories...NOT the extra from exercising (don't get me started on THAT endless debate on the forums), but say they can't eat what they're given...even if it's 1,200. Please.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't get how people can't eat 1200 calories, it's not that hard to add full fat dairy, nuts, good fats etc and not really eat any more food but get in the calories. Dirives me insane. If you can't barely eat 1200 calories how did you get fat in the first place??
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Grrrr when people say they can't eat all of their calories...NOT the extra from exercising (don't get me started on THAT endless debate on the forums), but say they can't eat what they're given...even if it's 1,200. Please.

This one drives me crazy! How did you become overweight in the first place!?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Social Proof

but what really grinds my gears, what really makes me want to go nuclear, are the constant cries of "amen!!!" or "preach it!!!" after every freakin' inane, poorly thought out rant.

Stop it already. It's not big. It's not clever. If I wanted to be part of a religious seminary I would wear sandals. And learn how to do that nifty trick with the loaves and fishes and stuff...

Amen! Preach it Brother! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Someone who is fishing for compliments. All. The. Time.
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    *Long distance runners have no muscle
    *Carb bashers
    *People who would have you drown in your own drinking water
    *Diet pill people
    *People that act like just because they haven't heard something, it doesn't exist.
    *People bashing others for not liking their specific healthy habit

Agreed! I am at 30 miles a week mileage and bike another 40, and I still look more like a tank than a ferrari. And the carb thing.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Someone who is fishing for compliments. All. The. Time.

:blushing:
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options

LOSE - I'm going to LOSE my fingers if I don't pay this hooker for her fantastic services!

Learn the difference people. It's not as hard as it looks. ;)

LOL. Classic.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't get how people can't eat 1200 calories, it's not that hard to add full fat dairy, nuts, good fats etc and not really eat any more food but get in the calories. Dirives me insane. If you can't barely eat 1200 calories how did you get fat in the first place??

people that say crap like this since not everyone gained weight by overeating
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Misusing "lose" and "loose". Correct usage is, "I am here to lose weight so my clothes will be loose".

This drives me absolutely bananas!!! :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    When people say "OH YOU MUSTA GAINED MUSCLE" after a week or two of working out when someone sees a gain of two pounds. It takes so much longer than one week to gain two pounds of muscle. I wish people would quit spreading this rumor.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves of all! I know men that are in the gym lifting crazy at least 5 days a week and are eating their body weight in protein. They're ecstatic to gain a few pounds of muscle a month. That 2 pounds you put on in a week isn't muscle. Sorry...I also hate hearing muscle weighs more than fat...Sorry, but a pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle, the muscle just takes up less space, i.e. is more dense. Also hate hearing that fat turns into muscle...no it does not. You burn fat and build muscle, but one does not turn into the other...oh I also hate it when people "bash" carbs and eating fruit...I eat a ton of fruit and carbs and am losing weight just fine...ok, time to get off the soap box :blushing:
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Misusing "lose" and "loose". Correct usage is, "I am here to lose weight so my clothes will be loose".

This drives me absolutely bananas!!! :noway: :noway: :noway:

Speaking of bananas, people who say "ARE BANANAS BAD FOR ME!?" "WILL BANANAS MAKE ME FAT???????" "OMG BANANA = CARBS"
    Yep. If you eat that single banana you are going to gain 5 pounds. /sarcasm/
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    People attacking other people for keeping their food diaries private. IDGI - why does it matter if someone doesn't share their food diary, if they are not asking for help with their food?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    people that can't fathom, under any circumstances, than any way except their way could possibly result in great results!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things. One thing that really really bothers me is "fishing" posts/ threads. I understand that we all love to hear how great we are doing and that someone thinks we look great, but I can't stand to see the same person post thread after thread of "look at me" crap. .... don't get me wrong updates are great and I LOVE to see my friends progress, it's just the "fishing" for attention that bothers me. I also can mirror quite a few of the PP with the "viral" bad/ wrong info. I think we owe it to ourselves to do research on own accord to verify information. I also would appreciate if people would use the "search" button more often. :laugh: Lastly (for now) I HATE to see a thread topic that is highly controversial with the O poster asking for advice then ignoring or bashing the responses because it's not what they wanted to hear. If you can't take the heat don't post it! :flowerforyou:

Totally agree with the fishers. So annoying!

It is one thing for people to give compliments and "good jobs" but the constant threads and bumping of threads ...ughhhh!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    *Long distance runners have no muscle
    *Carb bashers
    *People who would have you drown in your own drinking water
    *Diet pill people
    *People that act like just because they haven't heard something, it doesn't exist.
    *People bashing others for not liking their specific healthy habit

pretty much, and the ones that say you cant lose weight unless your diet is absolutely clean
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    people worrying that there is too much sugar in an apple or an orange ffs

Its not the fruit that made you fat
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    It bugs the ever loving *kitten* out of me when people don't know the difference between LOOSE and LOSE.

LOOSE - Hey look! My pants are LOOSE because I've been dieting!

LOSE - I'm going to LOSE my fingers if I don't pay this hooker for her fantastic services!

Learn the difference people. It's not as hard as it looks. ;)

OMG hahahahahahahahahaha agreed :laugh: