Good-For-You Food(s) That You Can't Stand

Options
123457»

Replies

• MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Fresh carrots. I tried adding some cinnamon but I still don't like them. I can stomach them, though. Gonna force some down today, as a matter of fact.

I usually roast them in the oven - I coat them with a tiny bit of olive oil, coconut oil, a little chipotle seasoning, brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon. So bad for you but sooooo gooooood!!!! After all that, they don't taste like carrots anymore. It's a mix between a cinnabon and seasoned sweet potato fries (b/c a little kick comes from the chipotle seasoning).

We all have foods that we don't like, good for you or not. The ones that I eat anyway because of nutritional benefits are carrots, apples, and plain steamed broccoli (would love some real butter and cheese on it).

I didn't like cooked carrots for the longest time...if you cook them in some chicken or veggie broth season to taste( I like cajun) let the broth boil away and let them brown a little they are sooo good :)
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Honey.
    Absolutely cannot stand the stuff!
  • amyamadea
    amyamadea Posts: 17
    Options
    - egg, unless it's scrambled or in an omelette with so much cheese it doesn't taste of egg any more which defeats the point
    - bananas, the smell alone makes me gag
    - any and all green leafy veg cooked. I am OK with it raw in most circumstances but cooked is just no
    - avocados, don't like the texture. Guacamole I'm OK with in small doses
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I hate yogurt and I really hate salads. I refuse to give up bacon :)
    yeah im not a fan of salad either
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options

But yogurt tastes like sour cream with fruity crap in it. No thanks! lol

The cure for greek yogurt is to stir in honey. Seriously. It will convert all greek yo-haters.

I've never actually tried Greek yogurt yet. My description was for regular yogurt lol I did notice a $1 thing of Greek yogurt and honey at the grocery store the other day. I'll get one tonight on my lunch break and give it a shot.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots, nuts, citrus fruits, avacados, celery.

Is cous cous healthy? I don't like that either or quinoa, bulgar wheat etc it's the texture it's horrible.

I'm not that keen on most veggies tbh but if i have them with some sort of sauce or something i can eat them.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and brussel sprouts - yuck! I used to love raw carrots but I choked on one a few months ago and now can't stand them.
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Celery :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Too many: Yogurt, oatmeal, milk, cottage cheese [yeah, I apparently have a problem with white foods...]
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Most kinds of fish.... except cod, dipped in batter and fried, but that's hardly healthy.