Complaints about U.S. fast food... Something needs to be don

Options

Replies

• Qisma
    Qisma Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to live in NY. It's not a good city for fast food because no New Yorker eats it. Why? There are too many other restaurants in the city that offer much tastier and relatively inexpensive eats, so nobody really bothers with McDonalds or Taco Bell. Also, we're a bit snobbish about food so we thumb our noses at fast food and retail chains.

However, out in CA - fast food reigns here. Definitely much better selection than NY - recommend you try In and Out, Del Taco or Whataburger next time you're here!
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My kids just found worms in their McDonalds Hot Fudge sundays. Large grub looking worms the size of my pinky toe!!! I showed them and they tried to say it was a new lubricant they used on the new machine parts. I said, you should probably stick with the worms because at least they are protein, a lubricant may have harmful chemicals in it, way to go manager. I have a claim number and a 15 year old daughter who is sick and a 9 year who is refusing to eat now becuase of this. It happend 7/1/11 and the doctor said to watch her to make sure she doesn't get sicker, of course that was an urgent care doctor because the pediatrician is closed for the holiday weekend. We only stopped to eat there because we had been out shopping for last minute vacation stuff and it was late and I didnt want to cook. You can bet next time I will take my lazy butt in the kitchen and cook. They also had burgers and fries but just the ice cream had the worms. They didn't close down the store and they were not sure if it was the hot fudge or the ice cream, its a hot weekend and all those people eating ice cream, yikes.
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    In my opinion, what needs to be done is banish fast food altogether LOL

How about no.

After a 3-4 day backpacking trip, I'll easily drop 30-40 bucks on Jack in the Box and Dairy Queen. Why should that be banished? If you don't like it, don't eat it. I don't eat it 360 days out of the year but that doesn't mean I expect other people to follow my example.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that someone is complaining that fast food in one country is better than fast food in another,,,,,,, it’s fast food for goodness sake. Now let’s compare fine dining in England to,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well, anywhere on earth.

Look at her calorie goal of 800 and you will see why. This is just another person using this website as a means to literally starve themselves; and in this case, when she does eat, it's nothing but *kitten* foods anyway. Good luck on your journey hun...
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My kids just found worms in their McDonalds Hot Fudge sundays. Large grub looking worms the size of my pinky toe!!! I showed them and they tried to say it was a new lubricant they used on the new machine parts. I said, you should probably stick with the worms because at least they are protein, a lubricant may have harmful chemicals in it, way to go manager. I have a claim number and a 15 year old daughter who is sick and a 9 year who is refusing to eat now becuase of this. It happend 7/1/11 and the doctor said to watch her to make sure she doesn't get sicker, of course that was an urgent care doctor because the pediatrician is closed for the holiday weekend. We only stopped to eat there because we had been out shopping for last minute vacation stuff and it was late and I didnt want to cook. You can bet next time I will take my lazy butt in the kitchen and cook. They also had burgers and fries but just the ice cream had the worms. They didn't close down the store and they were not sure if it was the hot fudge or the ice cream, its a hot weekend and all those people eating ice cream, yikes.

When I was little, I found worms in a king size reese cup. I had eaten 3 and finally saw them in the fouth one. Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!! And trust me, McDonald's does not even care about it; worms are probably the best thing in that disgusting stuff!
  • mendogirl
    mendogirl Posts: 87
    Options
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Now I am craving "s'gones" with clotted cream. For those of us on the western side of the pond in New York City, here's a place where we can get it:

http://www.teaandsympathynewyork.com/rest_menu_lunch.php
  • hellokittyhorror
    Options
    Yes I'm in NYC also. Arby's? Subway? An essential???
  • hellokittyhorror
    Options
    I used to live in NY. It's not a good city for fast food because no New Yorker eats it. Why? There are too many other restaurants in the city that offer much tastier and relatively inexpensive eats, so nobody really bothers with McDonalds or Taco Bell. Also, we're a bit snobbish about food so we thumb our noses at fast food and retail chains.

However, out in CA - fast food reigns here. Definitely much better selection than NY - recommend you try In and Out, Del Taco or Whataburger next time you're here!
  • hellokittyhorror
    Options
    I'm from CA and live in NYC. I think fast food is scary everywhere. In California you have the best burritos from authentic Mexican restaurants/ trucks. Still no need to bother with fast food.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i thought the idea of the chain fast food companies whas that it was so standardised that no matter where you are, its all the same.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    A quarter pounder with cheese in Toronto is soooo good! yum it's been a month since I've had one I think.
  • RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hahahaha.... seriously?

My thoughts exactly :)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that in NYC there was nothing better to eat then KFC and McDonalds. You don't have to do 5 stars to get a good meal. I think people wanna make excuss for poor choices and a failure to plan.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    sad that i just found this thread...it was literally the highlight of my evening and i wish i found it sooner.

seriously, you went to NYC and went to KFC and McDonald's!? i don't even live THAT far from NYC and i don't even go there when i visit.

and of course things are going to be different, there are two different cultures...DUH.
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    This thread made me laugh. I enjoy the banter and the serious tones from all different kinds of individuals from so many different walks of life. I have an appetite for fast food, but now I avoid it. I can't trust myself just yet. The last thing I had at McD's was chicken mcNuggets, and I thought, phftttt a waste of good calories HAHAHAH and I usually love them. I am afraid MFP has ruined me of bad food choices.
  • corinaspaiuc
    Options
    fast food=bad food
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i'm pretty amused that you went all the way to NYC and ate at mcdonalds and kfc :P however, i've gone all the way to paris and ate at the same fricking nescafe 5 mornings in a row, so i guess i can't talk D:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but that is the lamest statement ever "I just got back from NY and the KFC was awful" !!!!

I am a New Yorker and I am floored that you would come here and eat at places like that.
    Of course its horrible, its KFC, etc....

There are so many great places to eat in all price ranges its a pitty that you went to the lowest common denominator.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I bought some KFC popcorn chicken in London, England while waiting in line at another restaurant for another table. I ran across the street and bought some chicken. I'd have to say it was exactly the same as in Canada. The Pizza Hut was also the same. The sit down food was a lot less loaded with sauces and dipping stuff. Seemed much more healthy. I also didn't see vending machines every turn of the corner.