Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it!!! as my Dad use to say "no one gets out alive anyway "
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I think we can at least all agree that sucralose is better than high fructose corn syrup, yes? Anyone?

I will agree with you on that! ;D

Edit: it doesn't TASTE better, though..
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you never eat any canned vegetables, processed food, commercially raised animals, or drink tap water either right? :P
    Oh, also ... there are chemicals in natural cane sugar, and chemical reactions happen in your body ALL DAY. Your body is even made almost entirely OF chemicals! :noway: Freaky, right? So unnatural....

You're right, but I severely try to limit my intake of processed food, especially sugar of any kind. I just know too many people who are dieting and drink multiple diet sodas per day, and then add Mio and Crystal Light to all of their water, and the list goes on. That amount of sucralose they're taking in is NOT healthy, as at that point, it's no worse than sugar. Then you've got all the "sugar free" items at the store... complete overkill with everything else. Just drink water!

I'm a bit biased against sucralose/aspartame/etc because for my body, it gives me diuretic and other negative body function effects, quite badly. I tried switching to diet soda, and that's what I got. It did help me to drink it in more moderation though.

Sucralose does have a bit of a funny taste, especially in fruit, bleh. But I'm not a fan of HFCS in anything, so between the two, I'd probably take the sucralose ><
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Bottom line, you probably shouldn't ingest anything unnatural that God didn't intend for us to ingest. Half of the ingredients in our food aren't even food. It's not just diet soda and artificial sweeteners, and how many abstain from everything unnatural? The natural cemetaries in Germany are having problems with the bodies not decomposing (they don't embalm over there) due to all the medications and preservatives in a persons body. I look at it this way, take care of your self the best way you can and that is all you can do. You can avoid diet soda your whole life only to have a piano fall on you. When it's your time it's your time.
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    You're right, but I severely try to limit my intake of processed food, especially sugar of any kind. I just know too many people who are dieting and drink multiple diet sodas per day, and then add Mio and Crystal Light to all of their water, and the list goes on. That amount of sucralose they're taking in is NOT healthy, as at that point, it's no worse than sugar. Then you've got all the "sugar free" items at the store... complete overkill with everything else. Just drink water!

I'm a bit biased against sucralose/aspartame/etc because for my body, it gives me diuretic and other negative body function effects, quite badly. I tried switching to diet soda, and that's what I got. It did help me to drink it in more moderation though.

Sucralose does have a bit of a funny taste, especially in fruit, bleh. But I'm not a fan of HFCS in anything, so between the two, I'd probably take the sucralose ><

I'm awfully biased against artificial sweeteners because they taste BAD to me. I'll use like a drop of Mio every couple days if my water gets really boring, at such a low amount where the flavoring thankfully overshadows the artificial taste. lol
    Honestly, I am more likely to buy stuff containing HFCS rather than artificial sweetener, because I just can't stand the artificial taste... Sometimes it makes me sad, especially when I see these delicious looking yogurts or snacks only to find on the label that they're "sugar free", and going to taste like a chemistry set. :laugh: Yeah, it's probably worse for me (and some are thinking HFCS Is corellated to the 'obesity epidemic'), but at least I can actually enjoy the stuff it's in.

As for sucralose helping to reduce how much soda I drink.... I skipped the diet sodas and went straight to just water. :laugh: Maybe if I dip all my food in lab chemicals it'll make me eat less....(or get me high, depending on the chemical :tongue: )
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    Bottom line, you probably shouldn't ingest anything unnatural that God didn't intend for us to ingest. Half of the ingredients in our food aren't even food. It's not just diet soda and artificial sweeteners, and how many abstain from everything unnatural? The natural cemetaries in Germany are having problems with the bodies not decomposing (they don't embalm over there) due to all the medications and preservatives in a persons body. I look at it this way, take care of your self the best way you can and that is all you can do. You can avoid diet soda your whole life only to have a piano fall on you. When it's your time it's your time.

Edited to avoid mass craziness.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    uh oh
  • Chuckw40
    Options
    uh oh

Your right, probably shouldn't open that can of hypothetical worms.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    *edited due to editing*
    lol
  • deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

• Chuckw40
    Options
    It WOULD be very entertaining, as I totally agree with you and hate when people tell me what god wants for their weight loss and whatnot...but you're gonna hear from mods more than likely.

The same people that talk about God are the first people to run to mods when you ask them not to.

Already edited my post to avoid the backlash. It's too bad that not all of us can openly talk about our beliefs without being blasted. Must be nice to just throw out something like that whenever you want.
  • deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

:))
  • Jovialation
    Options
    It WOULD be very entertaining, as I totally agree with you and hate when people tell me what god wants for their weight loss and whatnot...but you're gonna hear from mods more than likely.

The same people that talk about God are the first people to run to mods when you ask them not to.

Already edited my post to avoid the backlash. It's too bad that not all of us can openly talk about our beliefs without being blasted. Must be nice to just throw out something like that whenever you want.
    We live in a country where separation of church and state is a lie and carries over massively in what is considered socially acceptable freedom of speech usage.
  • Umeboshi
    Options

Shame you edited your post before I could read it... I bet I would have loved it.
  • Chuckw40
    Options

:))

Though I am curious why they are concerned with how fast bodies are decomposing in a cemetery? How do they even know something like that? Why is it a problem?
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Im still concerned that the OP trusts WebMD

WebMD gives you cancer...just like Dr Oz.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    train-wrecks-omg-cat-demotivational-poster-1275680086.jpg
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Gonna die anyway. Might as well die carbonated.
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    Im still concerned that the OP trusts WebMD

WebMD gives you cancer...just like Dr Oz.

I heard that gummi worms give you cancer too...
    Also, sarcasm.
    and breathing.
    :laugh: