diet soda is HORRIBLE

Options

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    and cold water.

and not buying a bunch of stupid products and books.

and and and....
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    People are going to act like you're being overly dramatic because people never want to admit they are trashing their bodies.. That said, although it's awful, Im highly addicted to diet coke and Ill prob eventually snuff it due to massive brain tumors as a result. I once quit for 7 months and I missed it every. single. day.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Did YOU know that many of the products YOU are using can cause CANCER? Protect yourself from these threats by reading MY book and following these easy steps!!.... only 3 easy payments of $99.99!..

:laugh:

Alternately, has anyone told you about the deadly chemical - dihydrogen monoxide? It's in your body RIGHT NOW and it:

* contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
    * may cause severe burns.
    * is fatal if inhaled.
    * contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    * accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    * may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    * has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    * in nuclear power plants.
    * in the production of Styrofoam.
    * as a fire retardant.
    * in many forms of cruel animal research.
    * in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    * as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Okay okay now for something on topic:
    The AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY says Aspartame is safe. :P I think they know their stuff....

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerCauses/OtherCarcinogens/AtHome/aspartame

From this site:

"Many studies have looked for health effects in lab animals fed aspartame, often in doses higher than 4,000 mg/kg per day over their lifetimes. These studies have not found any health problems that are consistently linked with aspartame."

and:
    "Most studies in people have not found that aspartame use is linked to an increased risk of cancer. "
  • LOLmerrill
    Options
    Bottom line, you probably shouldn't ingest anything unnatural that God didn't intend for us to ingest. Half of the ingredients in our food aren't even food. It's not just diet soda and artificial sweeteners, and how many abstain from everything unnatural? The natural cemetaries in Germany are having problems with the bodies not decomposing (they don't embalm over there) due to all the medications and preservatives in a persons body. I look at it this way, take care of your self the best way you can and that is all you can do. You can avoid diet soda your whole life only to have a piano fall on you. When it's your time it's your time.

Edited to avoid mass craziness.

I'm really enjoying this site so far and I'm finding it to be a great tool/resource for ideas and support. However, I am uncomfortable with the faith based pseudo-facts being flippantly tossed around. The other day on a Splenda thread someone asked "what day was Spenda created?" as if it were a valid point. Can we spare each other our archaic religious beliefs and stick to fitness and support? Its really starting to creep me out...
    *this is NOT a defense of diet soda or other artificial food products. I just don't happen to think their danger has anything to do with religion.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Im still concerned that the OP trusts WebMD

WebMD gives you cancer...just like Dr Oz.

I heard that gummi worms give you cancer too...
    Also, sarcasm.
    and breathing.
    :laugh:

WebMD......some articles are by registered dieticians and current doctors. Those are the only ones I trust. However, I also know that you cannot trust one source of information.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Edit: You're right. My bad. :blushing:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    11afn7q.jpg

lol everyone seemed to ignore this.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Actually it is.
    CHLORINE is NOT on the Periodic Table of Elements.

That is all.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    100% of all diet soda drinkers will die. Fact!

That's true. All humans die, even the ones who don't drink diet soda.
  • LOLmerrill
    Options
    11afn7q.jpg

lol everyone seemed to ignore this.

^THIS. This spiraled down so successfully, I dont even..
  • garreltsnk
    garreltsnk Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm with on that one. :drinker:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Bottom line, you probably shouldn't ingest anything unnatural that God didn't intend for us to ingest. Half of the ingredients in our food aren't even food. It's not just diet soda and artificial sweeteners, and how many abstain from everything unnatural? The natural cemetaries in Germany are having problems with the bodies not decomposing (they don't embalm over there) due to all the medications and preservatives in a persons body. I look at it this way, take care of your self the best way you can and that is all you can do. You can avoid diet soda your whole life only to have a piano fall on you. When it's your time it's your time.

Ok....let me reword it for all of you atheists and close minded individuals......ANYTHING manmade, had I said it that way in the first place no one would have said anything!!!!!!!!! There.....happy? The conversation wasn't about God it was about food, people!!!!! Can't people read between the lines are or they so afraid that someone is stepping on their toes....good grief. no wonder our country is in the state it is in...ooops i might offend someone if I speak my mind, heat up those gas chambers folks!!!! I really don't care who I offend.And just so you know I happen to believe in GOD.
  • garreltsnk
    garreltsnk Posts: 19
    Options
    I don't know why you're all laughing, diet drinks are a serious issue over here. They're the number one cause of alcoholism, drug abuse, and knife crime in this country. The diet pepsi vs. diet coke gang wars have become so extreme that people are too scared to leave their houses for fear of being caught in the crossfire.
    LOL
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Edited to avoid mass craziness.

:))

Though I am curious why they are concerned with how fast bodies are decomposing in a cemetery? How do they even know something like that? Why is it a problem?

I lived in Europe for several years and that is what they do. 30 years after you die, if your lease isn't payed, by your family ( I better be specific here) then they dig you up and put your bones in a bone house and bury someone else in your place. Saves space.
  • LOLmerrill
    Options

Ok....let me reword it for all of you atheists and close minded individuals......ANYTHING manmade, had I said it that way in the first place no one would have said anything!!!!!!!!! There.....happy? The conversation wasn't about God it was about food, people!!!!! Can't people read between the lines are or they so afraid that someone is stepping on their toes....good grief. no wonder our country is in the state it is in...ooops i might offend someone if I speak my mind, heat up those gas chambers folks!!!! I really don't care who I offend.And just so you know I happen to believe in GOD.

umadbunny.jpg
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options

Wow! And here I was worried I might offend you...lol
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

umadbunny.jpg

9k1b93.jpg
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Sometimes trolls can be good entertainment.

And I have to wonder, do computers give you cancer?
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The FDA is corrupt. They allow certain things to be legal, such as aspartame and sucralose, because it is controlled by the government, which wants to make money. Cigarettes are legal because the government makes a lot of money off of them (cigarette sales and medical bills when the harmful effects kick in). The government nor does the FDA care about your personal well-being.

Oh... is that why it's legal?? I thought it was because America is the land of the free where the government trusts us adults to make MOST of our own decisions (when said decisions are not yet proven to be fatal) regarding our ow bodies. Hmmmm.

I switched from regular soda to diet soda 6 months ago. So far I have had no negative side effects. Plus: I've lost 40 pounds. At 127 pounds, I am no longer over weight. Haven't died, yet.