July 1st - 30DS

Options

Replies

• j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i'm starting to think my body isn't made to shred every day... my poor shoulders are not doing well with the walk-over push-ups AT ALL! i don't know if my form is wrong or what, but i don't seem to have as much strength as i did several days ago. do you suppose you can overwork your arms if you push too hard every day, even if it's only for a few minutes at a time? i guess the arms are engaged quite often during level 3, especially with all the plank moves, but geesh!!!! this is getting a little frustrating! i'm back to doing two or three regular push ups and the rest on my knees. grrrr... i've also noticed my knees are feeling a little loose. i'm not sure how else to describe it. they don't ache all the time, but they are hurting more than my normal.

well, i only have 4 days left now, but i'm looking forward to a change before my body really is shredded...

if all goes well, i should be done on thursday.

c25k starts monday! :-)
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I am officially DONE with the 30 Day Shred. I think it took me 36 or 37 days....not sure....but it's still DONE! YAY!

j - my right shoulder is giving me fits too. I have bursitis in that shoulder and it really been "complaining" yesterday. I've been doing all the walking pushups on my knees, and concentrating on good form because my shoulder's really been bothering me. AND...my knee's been acting up ever since I banged it on the coffee table too! So I HEAR YOU! I think we all need to listen to our bodies.....it may be telling us that we NEED a day off! And there's no shame in that....it's certainly not worth risking an injury to keep pushing! :ohwell:

I still plan on going back to Level 1 one day this week to see how far I've come!

Yesterday was our town celebration, and my girlfriends and I went to a "Irish Fest" (thought of you gd), and listened to some great music and drank a few beers. We had a FABULOUS TIME. But I think I'll wait a couple of days for the "beer bloat" to go away before I post my "after pics" and final results from the shred. :drinker:
  • j_courter
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: brendalyne! you are done! WAY TO GO! i am so proud of you for sticking with this. :flowerforyou: you have been such an inspiration and it's been a pleasure to make this journey with you. thanks for your cheerful updates and all the fun you've brought to this shred forum. :happy:

can't wait to see the pics! if all goes according to plan i'll be done on thursday morning! are you going to start c25k tomorrow? i'm thinking we ought to start a different thread for that one, what do you think?
  • j_courter
    Options
    Level 3, Day 6 DOWN! i thought today's workout was going to kill me. i know i worked harder and pushed myself harder today than i've had to for quite awhile. i don't know if it was a mental thing or if my body is just really fighiting this, but i'm looking forward to a change! :happy: I've only got three more days, but I'm starting the c25k program today too if all goes well. i'm looking forward to a little running. i feel like my thighs are getting WAY too big with all of Jillian's cursed sumo squats and jumping lunges! :sad:

on the bright side, i FINALLY saw a small weight loss... mfp says .8 pounds, but that doesn't sound right to me. still, i'll take it! :-)

is anyone still shredding?

keggan- i saw your post on my home page, but i havne't seen anything here for awhile. are you done shredding?
  • j_courter
    Options
    TWO MORE DAYS!!! this morning i ate breakfast an hour or so before i shredded and things went much better. i think exercising first thing in the morning may be good for me schedule-wise, but reality says my body doesn't have enough energy to make it through without a bit of fuel. this is the second time i've noticed the difference, so i guess i'd better change my routine. yeah, i figured that out with two days to go. nice....

did i mention i only have two more days?! :bigsmile:
  • brendalyne
    Options
    J - so I heard you only have 2 days to go! Is that right? :laugh:

Good for you! I am going to do Level 1 of the shred tonight after work just for giggles! :bigsmile:
  • j_courter
    Options
    One more Shred day to go! My shoulders are feeling a bit better today.

Also got Day 2 of the C25K in. My 9 year old even ran with me this morning. I have to say, as of right now, I'm really enjoying it!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome that we are all almost finished with the shred….I finished just in time to go camping…now I’m struggling to get myself to do any kind of exercise at all lol. That’s awesome that you’ve started C25K!!! You’ll be amazed at what you can actually get your body to do :) I tried 2 of Jillian’s other DVD’s, No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, and I really like them. I’m supposed to be doing to 30-Day Slimdown program with her DVD’s, but I can’t seem to motivate myself to get back on track after this trip. Hopefully I can get myself to do one of her DVD’s tonight, and possibly fit in one of my jogs for my week 7 of C25K.

J – One more day!!!
  • cmg4721
    Options
    J - today's you're last day!!!!!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    well i had a bad moment and quit my ripped in 30 workout on tuesday after 1 go on week 2! it was more complicated than tough and i got annoyed at some of the moves. but i came to my senses and started up again today. its working out at 35 mins a go so think thats plenty for me. not sure i could squeeze c25k in while doing ripped in 30 six days a week. but i've kept the details from the link posted as its certainly something i'll try sometime.

and well done for finishing brendalyne! did u try level 1 again?

and looks like u should be done now too j so well done for sticking at it too!

shredheads!
  • j_courter
    Options
    cmg and gd- THANK YOU so much for your posts today! my grandmother came over this morning and we baked most of the day. i think we ended up with 34 loaves of zucchini bread and 90 muffins! this stuff is fantastic, even if you don't like zucchini bread because we blend it in a blender and you can't taste the zucchini strings that are in most people's bread! yummo!

anyway, i didn't get my shred done this morning and i was really thinking i'd just "phone it in" and finish tomorrow BUT your posts encouraged me to GET IT DONE! oh yeah! thank you so much!

i guess i'll have to come back here and post measurements and maybe even a pic or two a bit later.... i haven't taken the time to do that just yet.
  • cmg4721
    Options
    gd - i agree with you, some of the moves in RI30 are ridiculous!! I was never able to fully complete RI30...i did get to level 4 (not in the exact amout of days b/c i took more days off).

j - way to go!!! That's what we're here for...motivation :) I saw your measurements and you did great!!!

It was definitely a pleasure shredding with you guys!! :D
  • brendalyne
    Options
    I did Level 1 yesterday morning. I expected it to be easy. Well....it was much easier than Level 2 & 3....but it's still a pretty good workout. I actually really enjoyed it! It's funny though, because my heart rate monitor was beeping like crazy.....meaning my heart rate was dropping out of the zone quite regularly! And that certainly didn't happen the first time through it. So the old ticker is getting stronger for sure! What a great feeling THAT IS! Week 1 of c25k is done now. I need to go buy another DVD for my days off c25k.....not sure what.....but zumba intrigues me!

WTG everyone!
  • j_courter
    Options
    brendalyne- if you just want some general toning, i would highly recommend the winsor sculpting dvds. i got mine fairly cheap on ebay. :-) zumba sounds like fun too! in fact, i heard they have zumba for the wii, so i may have to check that out!
  • j_courter
    Options
    thanks cmg! :-) i didn't get the drastic results everyone else seemed to get, but i'm happy with the way i feel.
  • j_courter
    Options
    Okay, here are the official results from MY 30 Day Shred!

Results after day 30: (6/30,7/5,7/15, 8/1,8/11)
    Weight: 122.5, 121, 120.5, 121, 120 (though several days ago it was 119.8)
    Neck: 13.5, 13.5,13.5,13
    Waist: skip, 29, 28.5, 28.5,28
    Bust: skip, 35.5, 35, 34, 33
    Hips: 36.5, 36, 35, 34, 34
    Arms L: skip, 11.3, 11.3, 11, 10.5
    R: skip, 10.8, 11, 11, 10.5
    Thighs L: skip, 22.3, 21.8, 21.75, 20
    R: skip, 21.5, 21.3, 21.5, 19.5
    Calves L: skip, 13.3, 13.3, 13.5, 13
    R: skip, 13.3, 13.5, 13.75, 13
    and another measurement that may seem weird, but it is a trouble area for me, so i'm keeping track
    Just above the knee L: skip, 16.3, 15.3, 15.5, 15
    R: skip, 13.3, 13.5, 15.25, 14.5

i haven't taken pics yet, but i suppose i probably should... that's where the real results show. :-) it's been a pleasure shredding with all of you. thanks for the encouragement and support! you guys are the best!
  • brendalyne
    Options
    J - your results are wonderful! And that reminds me....I haven't posted my results and pics either....because I haven't taken the pics yet....or officially measured either! I promise to do that this weekend - a week after I finished the shred! I know my results are not gonna be very drastic either....pounds lost will equal a big fat ZERO....but I know that I lost around 1 1/2 inches around my waist, which is my biggest trouble spot!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    brendalyne - re:zumba - my wife has tried a variety of workouts (she gets bored doing the same thing over and over again so mixes it up a bit). she's tried everything from the biggest loser game on xbox kinect, to ministry of sound dvd workouts to kettle bell workouts. but she now just keeps on doing the zumba dvd she bought. she says none of the other workouts makes her sweat as much as zumba does plus its fun to do.

and nice results j - u lost loads of inches!

although the last line of this seems to have gone a bit up and down!

' and another measurement that may seem weird, but it is a trouble area for me, so i'm keeping track
    Just above the knee L: skip, 16.3, 15.3, 15.5, 15
    R: skip, 13.3, 13.5, 15.25, 14.5 '
  • brendalyne
    Options
    I'm going shopping today to see if I can find a zumba DVD! Gotta find something else to get HOOKED on besides 30DS!
  • j_courter
    Options
    gd- i have NO idea what was going on with my right knee-fat! maybe jillians darn lunges in level three pushed that back out???