TWEENERS 10/12

Options
HI ladies,
Let me know if your partner went awal! I have heard from quite a few ladies in the last few days that have had problems getting online - but if you cannot get yours to check in we will find you a new one -- on that note we have a new player! sleeping beauty8705! Welcome!!

This weeks challenge: Goin' Green!
This weeks challenge is making sure each day includes something green, either a green veggie or a green fruit. I'll share a list of suggestions if nothing green comes to mind.

Be great to have everyone try out something new....if you think you can do that, awesome!
Please check in each day of the challenge and share how you did, etc., if for some reason you've missed eating something green one day then just share a fact on how important greens are for our bodies, Google can help you there. :)

ok so I think the winner should be determined by those who do get in a greeen everyday- we will then pick a neame from a green hat as fitness-chick suggested! I wanna see everybodys name goin in that hat!!! I know you guys can do it!!!!

For anyone who would like to join in -just email me and I will find you a partner!

Replies

• jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    HI ladies,
    Let me know if your partner went awal! I have heard from quite a few ladies in the last few days that have had problems getting online - but if you cannot get yours to check in we will find you a new one -- on that note we have a new player! sleeping beauty8705! Welcome!!

This weeks challenge: Goin' Green!
    This weeks challenge is making sure each day includes something green, either a green veggie or a green fruit. I'll share a list of suggestions if nothing green comes to mind.

Be great to have everyone try out something new....if you think you can do that, awesome!
    Please check in each day of the challenge and share how you did, etc., if for some reason you've missed eating something green one day then just share a fact on how important greens are for our bodies, Google can help you there. :)

ok so I think the winner should be determined by those who do get in a greeen everyday- we will then pick a neame from a green hat as fitness-chick suggested! I wanna see everybodys name goin in that hat!!! I know you guys can do it!!!!

For anyone who would like to join in -just email me and I will find you a partner!
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So do you check in each day with your partner?
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    HA HA i have had broccoli today already........ i think this one will be a breeze. :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    So do you check in each day with your partner?
    I think that'd be a great idea so we can get to know one another better through out the challenge but I guess each partnership can decide that for themselves. Part of last week when I had a partner it was always fun to send and receive silly emails regarding water and all that entails.:laugh:

But this is merely one members opinion :drinker: It's what I look forward to during my upcoming new Challenge week:drinker:

Oh and we don't want to forget we want to keep downin our water as well.........hmmmm I think I mentioned that cause I need to go grab another bottle:laugh:

Have fun this week all:tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    HA HA i have had broccoli today already........ i think this one will be a breeze. :happy:

YAY you!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    OK my lil green friends :tongue:

Here's some ideas for this week and I'm sure you'll come up with others on your own.... if you see something not listed...I bet the whole group would love to see it shared! :heart:

Green Fruits Vegetables

Avocados
    Green Apples
    Green Grapes
    Honeydew
    Kiwifruit
    Limes
    Green Peas
    Artichokes
    Arugula
    Asparagus
    Broccoflower
    Broccoli
    Broccoli Rabe
    Brussels Sprouts
    Chinese Cabbage
    Green Beans
    Green Cabbage
    Celery
    Chayote Squash
    Cucumbers
    Endive
    Leafy Greens
    Leeks
    Lettuce
    Green Onions
    Okra
    Peas
    Green Peppers
    Snow Peas
    Spinach
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Watercress
    Zucchini
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Cool, I'm always eating my greens - best part of the meal!!! :bigsmile:
    I've had leafy green cabbage today and am about to eat a green banana - much tastier than a pure yellow ripe one.
    Good luck all :drinker:
  • jenn10
    Options
    GREEN BEANS -- I ATE THE WHOLE CAN!:blushing: I am not a big fresh person but caned is better than none!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :laugh: Yup...hey it's green!:happy:
    GREEN BEANS -- I ATE THE WHOLE CAN!:blushing: I am not a big fresh person but caned is better than none!
  • jenn10
    Options
    running ratty - if you want join let me know I have a single player right now!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :laugh: Yup...hey it's green!:happy:

ahhh um, ya did dump the beans out of the can first though...right?:noway: :tongue:
  • jenn10
    Options
    Wait "tin can" isn't a dietary supplement????? :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Wait "tin can" isn't a dietary supplement????? :laugh:

not necessary for this weeks challenge!:laugh: We'll save the 'tin' challenge for another member to have as their chosen week:noway: :drinker:

Hm....:noway: personally I don't include 'tin' supplements daily.......perhaps I should though? Any thoughts?:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Just wanted to share another method for getting your daily water in......plus I'm using it as a bump as well so folks see this thread and know what's what this week:drinker:

boy-3-4-drinking_73117579.jpg

Now this isn't how I get my daily water in........but....I say hey whatever works, right?:laugh:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I got my greens in for today! I had fajitas for dinner, so used lettuce and quacomole in them.

Hey Fitness Chick, I've also got another idea for the water. My mom put a glass by the bathroom sink so that everytime she goes she drinks a glass of water and before you know it, you've had your days worth.

Also, by the way, I'm on my 3rd 32 oz glass of water!!! :drinker: I have hit my daily goal! YAY!!! :happy: I'm so proud. And I'm liking it again.:laugh:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    haha excellent i can do this one no probs :bigsmile:

lettuce, spinach, apples, cucumbers, kiwifruit, peas, avocados, grapes.... hey i think thats like one a day right there plus one for a snack :bigsmile:

and i'm having one of my greens early... spinach:laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I had broccoli today so I am in there!!

Still drinking the extra water.

Did I miss anything-are our partners the same? Doesn't matter I'll still chat with her either way!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    there were bell peppers and jalapenos in my migas this morning... does THAT count?
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    jalepeno's:bigsmile:
    peas:bigsmile:

Hydration:drinker: :drinker: :
    -16oz water
    -16oz light apple juice
    mixed together
    -then another 20oz of water

night all:flowerforyou:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member