TWEENERS 10/12

Options

Replies

• jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Let me know how it turns out cuz I wanna try it tooo- but it has alot of things I don't have in the pantry! so first time is gonna cost me!:grumble:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    showing my redneck a bit here - but it would be even lower fat and cals with venison (deer meat)

I'll have to find somewhere the difference in beef cube vs. deer
  • jenn10
    Options
    Yes! and I was wondering why they used veg oil and not canola---- I think we could probably skim a few more calories off of it!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Deer - Top round, lean only, 1" steak, cooked, broiled (venison), 1 serving ( 3 oz ) Cal 129 Fat 2
    Super Market - Beef Cubed Steak, 3 z Cal 112 Fat 4

That's what's in the food database - Can't imagine deer meat has more calories???
  • monica5237
    Options
    Deer - Top round, lean only, 1" steak, cooked, broiled (venison), 1 serving ( 3 oz ) Cal 129 Fat 2
    Super Market - Beef Cubed Steak, 3 z Cal 112 Fat 4

That's what's in the food database - Can't imagine deer meat has more calories???

I ate so much dear meat as a child it is a southern thing i guess and quail I can't do it any more and we ate rabbits OMG i feel like such a beast I ate Bambi and Thumper and possibly Tweety Bird.:noway: :noway: :mad: :mad: See what us southernrs do:sad: :sad:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Without knowing, I ate my pet rabbit as a child- or so I had thought it was my pet but obviously that's not what we had them for. Squirrel too - EEEWWWW the thoughts of those - gross! We raised turkeys, chickens and pigs all for slaughter. Actually I am a bit surprised that I am not a vegetarian from the trauma of it all!
  • monica5237
    Options
    Without knowing, I ate my pet rabbit as a child- or so I had thought it was my pet but obviously that's not what we had them for. Squirrel too - EEEWWWW the thoughts of those - gross! We raised turkeys, chickens and pigs all for slaughter. Actually I am a bit surprised that I am not a vegetarian from the trauma of it all!

Hey I can relate to that all of it. We had to ring the necks of chickens and go out to get the eggs for breakfast that was soooooooooo gross i said i wanted eggs from the store not the chickens :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the minds of us younguns
  • jenn10
    Options
    my grandfather would kill and eat anything so - I have had- squirel, rabbit, racoon, possum,and turtle soup talk about trama I had to trap kill skinand cook a rabbit when I was five " just incase you get lost in the woods someday!" by my self-- I am 33 and this was right after bambi came out - we lived in pa and the rabbits look just like thumper!!!! I must say though - if I needed to I could feed myself!
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Does Jello fat free sugar free pistachio pudding count?! Its green!

Yesterday I had broccoli
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've had deer, and love it. :love: Never had any of those other things and I live SC. But I'm sure my husband has had some of those.:noway: He was born and raised here. I am a military brat that ended up here. But I have had shark. That was pretty good.
  • chrissyh
    Options

Yesterday I had broccoli

it's all green in color.... I am planning my supper cause no green so far today!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I ate so much dear meat as a child it is a southern thing i guess and quail I can't do it any more and we ate rabbits OMG i feel like such a beast I ate Bambi and Thumper and possibly Tweety Bird.:noway: :noway: :mad: :mad: See what us southernrs do:sad: :sad:

emoticon_lol.gif You are too funny.

WARNING! YOU CAN'T UNREAD THIS NEXT PART!

I've had dog meat before. And not just dog meat...puppy (because they're more tender). I don't remember what it tastes like (thank goodness). I was very young and lived in the Philippines (was born there) at the time. It wasn't uncommon to do that back when I was about 4 or 5yrs. old. You don't even want to know some of the stuff my mother's eaten. sick01_59NTVQ.gif
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • monica5237
    Options

I've had dog meat before. And not just dog meat...puppy (because they're more tender). I don't remember what it tastes like (thank goodness). I was very young and lived in the Philippines (was born there) at the time. It wasn't uncommon to do that back when I was about 4 or 5yrs. old. You don't even want to know some of the stuff my mother's eaten. sick01_59NTVQ.gif

you are right I CAN"T UNREAD THAT!!!! ewwwwwww

But hey it is all cultural

BUt just remember you could have been eating my puppy OMG NO!!!!!!!

Just kidding
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Yesterday I had broccoli

um technically? ahhhhh NO:laugh:

green fruits and veggies are this weeks challenge...guess you'll be Googlin tonight on why Greens are good for our bodies:huh: :drinker:

Yea....shame on me....I had no greens yesterday but no time to Google yet....I'll be a Googlin shortly...

Had green today....and water (well much more than that...but keepin up my water is what I mean..::noway: )
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Different cultures....I imagine some folks come to the US and think we eat pretty odd....:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    my grandfather would kill and eat anything so - I have had- squirel, rabbit, racoon, possum,and turtle soup talk about trama I had to trap kill skinand cook a rabbit when I was five " just incase you get lost in the woods someday!" by my self-- I am 33 and this was right after bambi came out - we lived in pa and the rabbits look just like thumper!!!! I must say though - if I needed to I could feed myself!

Turtle soup....that's green! not really a veggie or fruit though.... one day maybe someone will pick green proteins for the challenge:noway: :huh:
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    Hiya Everyone! I'm just checking in. Had the best baked potato ever tonight for dinner (broccoli & Cheese, had my green:happy: ) Anyway. I just wated to say HI and Goodnight!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Turtle soup....that's green! not really a veggie or fruit though.... one day maybe someone will pick green proteins for the challenge:noway: :huh:

Which I suppose would only leave lima beans, soybeans and turtles.....hm, ah see that's why the lima beans aren't under veggies...they are likely listed under legumes.:yawn:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Yea....shame on me....I had no greens yesterday but no time to Google yet....I'll be a Googlin shortly...

Had green today....and water (well much more than that...but keepin up my water is what I mean..::noway: )

Ok, then here's my homework assignment for not being Green on Monday:bigsmile:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/001421.html

**Obesity, lack of green vegetables and avoidance of mental exercise cause Azheimer's, dementia
    New studies are showing how important lifestyle choices are for preventing Alzheimer's.***

"As demonstrated by several studies, people who were severely overweight, who avoided eating healthy green vegetables and who avoided exercising their brains were more prone to being diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

It's not surprising, actually: staying healthy means being both mentally and physically fit, and the two go hand in hand. A person who is truly healthy must exercise both their body and their mind on a regular basis.

As for diet and nutrition, the study supported the notion that eating spinach, broccoli and brussel sprouts is important to good brain health. Having high cholesterol and high blood pressure -- both caused primarily by making poor dietary choices -- greatly increased the risk of Alzheimer's.

Perhaps the most exciting part about this research is the news about brain exercises: those study subjects who engaged their brains in crossword puzzles, reading, social activities or who even playing bingo were at far lower risk of being diagosed with Alzheimer's. Note that watching television wasn't on this list. To be healthy, you have to engage your brain in something new on a daily basis, if possible.

I'm a big proponent of brain exercises, and it's one of the reasons I study comedy improvisation. Some other exercises that are fantastic for your brain include learning a foreign language (the Pimsleur audio CDs are the best I've found), trying to draw or write with the opposite hand that you're used to, brushing your teeth or performing other daily routines with the opposite hand, playing word association games with friends, or playing computer strategy games."

Ok, so what I read is the guy is saying...LIMA BEAN BINGO...keep your brain going strong. He never said to EAT them...but he did mention Bingo and I'm SURE that's what he meant (read between the lines people! lol)...I think Lima Bean Bingo would be much easier than Green Pea Bingo, or cooked Brocolli Bingo or .......well you get the idea!:noway: :laugh:

So WOW :wink: everyone has eaten green veggies or fruit EACH DAY since Sat??? :blushing: AWESOME Possum!! (we'll save that for another challenge:noway: )

Since I haven't seen any other Google Greeen 'Stuff' posted must mean everyone but me got in their greens so far...:wink: YOU ALL ROCK!:drinker: :huh:

Great Day of Green healthy foods to all!:drinker: