• christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    How could we ever forget Green M&Ms!!!!:noway:

FOR SERIOUS!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OKAY, what is UP with hating lime beans I LOVE LIMA BEANS! :grumble: does that make me weird :laugh:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    OKAY, what is UP with hating lime beans I LOVE LIMA BEANS! :grumble: does that make me weird :laugh:

Yes. :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I think Lima Beans are nature's punishment to us!
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! And You too, Sis:grumble: :wink: . Hey, does Key Lime Pie Yogurt (light, non fat) count as green?:bigsmile: That was my breakfast! I laughed to myself because that is really green:laugh: but not a veggie:frown:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I had spinach tonight with dinner. But no lima beans. Hey instead of Key Lime Yorgurt what about the real Key Lime Pie, or you could have pistachio pudding. It's green. Hehehe.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options

YES! RESOUNDINGLY YES!

lima beans are right up there with peas. gawd i hate peas.
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    Peas are not my favorite either. But as a kid I learned (and yes, I know this is not good) to swallow them whole. My dad would make us eat them ('member that lil sis?) anyway. Now days I may give them one squish of the tongue and then swallow it down. Now if they're in a casserole, then I don't mind them at all. Strange how I eat some foods.
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    Peas are not my favorite either. But as a kid I learned (and yes, I know this is not good) to swallow them whole. My dad would make us eat them ('member that lil sis?) anyway. Now days I may give them one squish of the tongue and then swallow it down. Now if they're in a casserole, then I don't mind them at all. Strange how I eat some foods.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's sooo funny big sis, I had peas for dinner today!!!!!! I remember Dad making us eat those darn Lima Beans and I don't think I've had a Lima Bean since I learned to flick them out the window:laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Can't eat peas either - just as bad as Lima Beans for me

I can remember Peas and Liver at supper and I'd put so much salt on the liver that's all you could taste and I too would swallow the peas whole. Finally my parents allowed me Spaghetti O's on liver night! Whew! Guess they figured the salt was totally defeating the purpose.
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    EEEWWWW liver - my mother use to make me eat it - which I think is were my over eating started! I had to have this huge pile of potatoes and gravy (chicken gravy) I would hide the liver in the potatoes - but you could still taste it! :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • monica5237
    Options
    haha excellent i can do this one no probs :bigsmile:

lettuce, spinach, apples, cucumbers, kiwifruit, peas, avocados, grapes.... hey i think thats like one a day right there plus one for a snack :bigsmile:

and i'm having one of my greens early... spinach:laugh:

I have not abandonned you I am still here I had no computer accesss and i worked this weekend.
    I did however eat lots of greens this weekend on saturday I had pepper steak green peppers (bell peppers) Sunday I had pot roast with lots of veggies (green beans) monday I had lettace and brocclli so I have been keeping up and not even knowing it :laugh: I try to eat greens everyday so this will be a really easy challange

Okay are we posting our weight loss for the week here or in an email?
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    okay i geuss its cause i come from a long line of true southern women , cause i like lime beans with lots of butter and little salt and i love peas cooked slow in a lillte sugar and butter and and i like fried chicken liver and gizzards. :laugh:
  • monica5237
    Options
    okay i geuss its cause i come from a long line of true southern women , cause i like lime beans with lots of butter and little salt and i love peas cooked slow in a lillte sugar and butter and and i like fried chicken liver and gizzards. :laugh:

Okay you are not weird just a little southern:happy: Hey I am southern and I can remember my Grandma making us eat that stuff at dinner and I hated it but we ate that or nothing so i ate it :sick: and hated it so I have not touched liver lima beans chicken gizzards or chicken livers. :sick: :sick: :sick:

But you are not strange I miss my chicken fried steak:sad: :sad: :sad: can't eat that anymore at ALL too fattening:sad: :sad:
  • jenn10
    Options
    ok ladies the next time I get to pick the challenge it will be - find a way to make chicken fried steak calorie free!!!! or low cal atleast!!! I could eat that stuff all day and the more gravy the better!! yummmmmm
  • monica5237
    Options
    ok ladies the next time I get to pick the challenge it will be - find a way to make chicken fried steak calorie free!!!! or low cal atleast!!! I could eat that stuff all day and the more gravy the better!! yummmmmm

I would love you forever (not that i won't anyway) if you can find a recipie to make my beloved chicken fried steak even if it has to be renamed chicken looks like fried but baked steak.:laugh:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    I'd bet it could be done. There'd have to be a lot of thought in the recipe (and I am so not feeling like thinking today), but I bet it could be done. I love chicken fried steak too!
  • jenn10
    Options
    ha! found one!!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:

Makes 4 servings

ACTIVE TIME: 35 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes

EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
    1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 pound cube steak, cut into 4 portions
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
    1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
    1 tablespoon water
    1/4 cup half-and-half

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
    2. Place all-purpose flour on a large plate. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Whisk cornmeal, whole-wheat flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch and paprika in another shallow dish. Season both sides of steak with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dredge the steak in the flour, shaking off excess; dip in the egg whites, then dredge in the cornmeal mixture.
    3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add 2 pieces of the steak; cook until browned on both sides, turning once, 3 to 5 minutes total. Transfer the steak to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 2 pieces of steak. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
    4. Meanwhile, add broth to the pan and boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 cup, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk water and the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in half-and-half; season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Serve the steak topped with the gravy.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 315 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 7 g mono); 57 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrate; 33 g protein; 1 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 379 mg potassium.
    Nutrition bonus: Selenium (50% daily value), Potassium & Zinc (15% dv).
    1 Carbohydrate Serving
    Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
  • monica5237
    Options
    ha! found one!!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:

Makes 4 servings

ACTIVE TIME: 35 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes

EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
    1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 pound cube steak, cut into 4 portions
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
    1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
    1 tablespoon water
    1/4 cup half-and-half

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
    2. Place all-purpose flour on a large plate. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Whisk cornmeal, whole-wheat flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch and paprika in another shallow dish. Season both sides of steak with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dredge the steak in the flour, shaking off excess; dip in the egg whites, then dredge in the cornmeal mixture.
    3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add 2 pieces of the steak; cook until browned on both sides, turning once, 3 to 5 minutes total. Transfer the steak to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 2 pieces of steak. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
    4. Meanwhile, add broth to the pan and boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 cup, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk water and the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in half-and-half; season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Serve the steak topped with the gravy.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 315 calories; 13 g fat (3 g sat, 7 g mono); 57 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrate; 33 g protein; 1 g fiber; 312 mg sodium; 379 mg potassium.
    Nutrition bonus: Selenium (50% daily value), Potassium & Zinc (15% dv).
    1 Carbohydrate Serving
    Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat

I love you forever and ever I will have to try this one it sounds great I love making homemade chicken fried steak anyway!!!!

I just printed it off