Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    chicken and broccoli tonight for me...and water all day:drinker:
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    Hey All! I had green today too!! A Ceaser Salad for lunch and green beans with dinner!! I LOVE GREEN BEANS. But I am steering CLEAR of those Lima Beans..........
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I got my greens in for today! I had fajitas for dinner, so used lettuce and quacomole in them.

Hey Fitness Chick, I've also got another idea for the water. My mom put a glass by the bathroom sink so that everytime she goes she drinks a glass of water and before you know it, you've had your days worth.

Also, by the way, I'm on my 3rd 32 oz glass of water!!! :drinker: I have hit my daily goal! YAY!!! :happy: I'm so proud. And I'm liking it again.:laugh:

Your Momma's got a great idea with the glass in the bathroom:flowerforyou:

Yay YOU for getting in your water today AND your greens You ROCK CHICK:drinker: :tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    oops double posted in excitement of getting my partner back:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hey All! I had green today too!! A Ceaser Salad for lunch and green beans with dinner!! I LOVE GREEN BEANS. But I am steering CLEAR of those Lima Beans..........

YAY got your greens in for the day:flowerforyou: ah Yea....I think we're all steering clear of the lima been truck...

:sick: There's actually a National Lima Bean Day!:noway: :noway: I might sleep in that day...:yawn:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    there were bell peppers and jalapenos in my migas this morning... does THAT count?
    :drinker: indeed it does:bigsmile:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Okay lil sis. I did not see lima beans on the list and if it's not on the list, then I'm not eatin' them (that's my excuse. :wink: ) :laugh:
    YAY got your greens in for the day:flowerforyou: ah Yea....I think we're all steering clear of the lima been truck...

:sick: There's actually a National Lima Bean Day!:noway: :noway: I might sleep in that day...:yawn:

Oh that's just wrong! :sick:
  • MsNewBooty
    Options

Okay lil sis. I did not see lima beans on the list and if it's not on the list, then I'm not eatin' them (that's my excuse. :wink: ) :laugh:

Hey Big Sister!!!!!!! I haven't seen you on line lately. I know you've been on, but not at the same time as me. I think you're scared:wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :laugh: Well I'm not so sure how complete a list that is.....perhaps lima beans are considered legumes.... guess that's be another weeks challenge? :laugh: :noway:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    wavinggif.gif
    Mornin all:drinker:

Keepin it Green today!

Headin to the gym now for a couple.....ttyl all:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • singcoz528
    Options
    so I didn't get this post until late last night...soooo....does relish count? I had tuna with mustard and relish....???:ohwell:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    so I didn't get this post until late last night...soooo....does relish count? I had tuna with mustard and relish....???:ohwell:

oh sure! it's green, it's pickles...it counts :laugh: :drinker:
    Besides it was the first day of the challenge....:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Goin Green Challenge Week 2 of Challenges

This weeks challenge is really about us each thinking more on eating our greens....just like last week was focusing on keeping our water up, if we didn't normally drink water, then hopefully last week changed all that and made us much more conscience of the importance of it.:drinker:

This week, same things....some folks don't eat ANYTHING green in their daily foods....so think of this challenge as paying more attention to what your choices are and what various green veggies & fruits can do for our bodies.

If for some reason a day comes and you forgot your greens or gag at greens....just google something that talks about the importance of greens for our bodies. Simple? Oh Yeaaaaa.....just share what you found on here and there ya be!

So eat your greens or look up your greens & share:tongue: .....either way we learn, but perhaps the better goal is to increase our attention to just how much or little of the green family of foods we eat:drinker:

Greens are VERY VERY important to the health of our bodies....if you have a tough time with anything but iceburg (is that a real food?:noway: ) stretch out a bit and try some darker greens....really you'll be amazed if you haven't tried them before. The energy punch is powerful!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Oh but you see....OoooooM we have a very SPECIAL list of greens for you bwwwwwahahahha:huh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    if limas were put in as a challenge - I will fail!

No lima beans for me! Ew - Yuck!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I just had sliced cucumber for lunch, and am having mixed vegetables in a homemade curry tonight - with peas and runner beans :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    ...Hey Big Sister!!!!!!! I haven't seen you on line lately. I know you've been on, but not at the same time as me. I think you're scared :wink:

Scared? Me?! AddEmoticons00523.gif You're funny. emoticon_lol.gifemoticon_neutral.gif
    Like you think for one millisecond you could "up" me? Well, I say BRING IT ON! evil.gif
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    Goin Green Challenge Week 2 of Challenges

...So eat your greens or look up your greens & share:tongue: .....either way we learn, but perhaps the better goal is to increase our attention to just how much or little of the green family of foods we eat:drinker:

Greens are VERY VERY important to the health of our bodies....if you have a tough time with anything but iceburg (is that a real food?:noway: ) stretch out a bit and try some darker greens....really you'll be amazed if you haven't tried them before. The energy punch is powerful!:drinker:
    I was just telling my partner last night how I never really paid attention to how much greens I eat. It will be interesting to keep track this week. I have no problem eating veggies - especially spinach - raw, cooked...whatever! I don't know why that happened, but it's been that way since my first pregnancy. I remember hating the stuff when I was a kid.
    Oh but you see....OoooooM we have a very SPECIAL list of greens for you bwwwwwahahahha
    Don't make me beat you up. emoticon_wink.gif
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!!

you forgot some greens!

Green MnMs
    Green Gummi Bears
    Mint Oreos

oh wait... that's what my greens USUALLY consisted of. HAHAHA carry on.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just found this and it sounds yummy...
    Chinese Green Bean Salad

4 Servings
    This bright green, crunchy salad is bursting with Asian flavors and is so easy to prepare. Look for fresh, plump organic green beans if you can find them. Cook them until they are bright green and still crunchy-tender. At this point you can keep the green beans refrigerated. Toss them with the dressing just before serving or the acid in the dressing will dull the bright green color. Ginger root, one of the main flavors in this salad, is actually a rhizome, an underground stem of a tropical plant, Zingiber officinale, which is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and as a treatment for nausea. You can use ginger in many forms and reap its benefits.

Ingredients:
    1 pound fresh green beans, organic if possible
    1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
    1 cup slivered red onion

Dressing:
    4 teaspoons dry mustard powder
    1 tablespoon cold water
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons rice or cider vinegar
    2 teaspoons dark-roasted sesame oil

Instructions:

1. Trim and cut the green beans into 1-inch lengths. Cook in rapidly boiling water, about 5 minutes or until crunchy-tender.
    2. Drain beans, immerse in cold water to stop the cooking until they are cool, then drain well.
    3. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk until well blended.
    4. Toss the green beans with the ginger root, red onion and dressing. Serve immediately.
    Nutritional Information:
    Per serving:
    67.4 calories
    2.4 g total fat (0.4 g sat)
    0.0 mg cholesterol
    10.9 g carbohydrate
    2.7 g protein
    4.2 g fiber