July Move Your *kitten* Challenge...

Options

Replies

• aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    vhuber- nice ride!!!! I have tried biking but it hurts my *kitten* too much!!! I am happier just walking.

@ Miswen - invest in a padded seat...totally worth it! It shouldn't take too many rides before your rear becomes use to the seat. You can get a MONSTER calorie burn from a good bike ride!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My goat is 50 miles.. I started last week... I will def. have to move it on weekends since I started a little late.. and I use an arch trainer which only gets me a little under to just over 2 miles a work out. I'm going to try to make up some extra miles tomorrow though!

:)
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Did 16.25 km (10.06 mi) on the elliptical today. Have a great weekend everyone! :smile:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    This challenge is picking up speed instead of slowing down. Everybody's doing an amazing job :drinker:

I had to drive to the Peloponnese today under a blazing sun, in the middle of a heatwave, to collect some seriously delayed money from a couple of customers. My reward was an evening 1K swim at a beach near Corinth, good enough to wash the heat off and slightly move my mile total upwards. :smile:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Staph infection is worsen not better. I feel horrible and may not be around for a couple days. Hope you all are doing great. If I feel better tomorrow I will catch up with the posts. Won't be logging any miles the next few days.....doctor's orders! UGH
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Staph infection is worsen not better. I feel horrible and may not be around for a couple days. Hope you all are doing great. If I feel better tomorrow I will catch up with the posts. Won't be logging any miles the next few days.....doctor's orders! UGH
    Do NOT worry about logging miles just concentrate on getting well!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I added another 4.5 mile bike ride tonite! The pooches needed some exercise so I slowly gave them a run, it was still 83* out!!! I was thinking my goal was 125 miles not 120, I will definitely knock it out tomorrow!!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Half way through the month and I am only at 7 miles.... AH! I need to step it up!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4 miles on the bike, 2 miles on the treadmill.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I have not been updating the last week...I got a really nasty "silent" migraine and was not able to get in any miles until today. Walked 5 miles! Looks like I have some ground to make up...hopefully I'll still be able to reach my goal for the month! Updated my ticker :)

You guys are all doing great! Keep it up!
  • vhuber
    Options
    vhuber- nice ride!!!! I have tried biking but it hurts my *kitten* too much!!! I am happier just walking.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I guess it is like ANY exercise, you get sore for the first few days but not anymore! I have some nasty hills so my quads get a good burn though!!!
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    8 mile run this morning - thankfully I beat the big heat!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Another 2.2. Plugging along! I made to it 50% half way through the month, so I feel good about it!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I agree Dinos - this is really a great group this month and my thanks to all as it keeps me going! Added 3.5 miles today - did the C25K route. Think I will stick with weeks one and two for a while - the alternating is a good calorie / fat burn and I think my foot is still enjoying the walkking breaks in between the runs!
  • missyparkcity
    missyparkcity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been super up and down with my eating, but ran 8 miles today so I feel good.

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    did 3.25 run today...updated my ticker...
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    3.5 Miles done today, ticker is updated
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Now that I am done a pastry boot camp 12 hour days for the last week, I can get back to putting on some miles!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I've been super up and down with my eating, but ran 8 miles today so I feel good.

exercise.png
    WOW! good job!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Now that I am done a pastry boot camp 12 hour days for the last week, I can get back to putting on some miles!
    What is a pastry boot camp??? Is it like hard core baking????