WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Over 50 and not having fun! I'm fighting the same 5 lb. Well at least this week I'm back down. I really thought I was going to rock and loose 100lb in a years time. Well, guess what, this old body doesn't want to do that. Not to mention the medications I have to take. So going to the gym 5 days last week I lost 2lb. I'm just going to enjoy that and be happy with that. Now, it's the start of a new week. 1 lb is all I'm really hoping for. 1 lb at a time!

That's about all I can do also.

went to the gym and on a machine for 40min. then some yard work. Done.

Now, just trying to work on the HAPPY PART. lol

Kathy (plantlady)
    :bigsmile:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Just wanted to say a quick hi during my lunch shift..... back at work after 4 days off has left me swamped! But it's all good.... makes the day go by faster when I'm busy busy.

Have a wonderful day! hope to catch up on everybody later! :happy:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy Mon to you all.
    Sally-good luck with the job.
    Jeanne-feel better
    Lisavp23-welcome
    To everyone who is struggling,you can do it!!!
    have a great day!!
    hugs
    jane
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone:

I woke up this morning and gave myself a pep talk!! Told myself that I was going to go for my walk and get my exercise and then on my long commute into work, the skies opened up and the rain started just coming down in torrents so there went my walk, but that's okay, after the long spell of horribly hot weather we have been having, the farmers sure need the rain.

Viv - I am glad to hear that you seem to be getting along with your recovery:flowerforyou:

Lisavp23 - Welcome:smile:

Jeanne - Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:

Sally - Good luck with the job interview:wink:

Kathy - You sound so motivated, would you please pass some on to me:ohwell:

Barbie - I am so glad your new neighbourhood seems to be a good one. That must make you feel better:heart:

Jane - How have you been lately?

Alice - Never mind, 1 lb at a time is a good way to do it, slow and steady because that way, you are more sure to keep it off:smile:

I am trying to recommit this week, I am refocusing myself and trying to get back to basics and making sure that I can try and lose this week for sure!!!!

My DH and I are going away this weekend for our Canadian August 1st long weekend but I will try and remain on track for that too. I absolutely have to lose this remaining weight. Even if I only get back to what I was before at my lowest weight, I would be happy with that and that is another 15 lbs to go. I would love to go lower but if I don't I won't beat myself up, I just want to get back to where I was before and get back into all the clothes I was wearing before. I am into a lot of them but there are still a few of them that do not fit yet and they are my "target" clothes.

I hope you all are having a good day. I hope those struggling are finding a better day and those doing well, are celebrating their triumphs:drinker:

I will talk to you tomorrow. Take care.

Love, Cathy xx
  • plantlady99
    Options
    I just want to get back to where I was before and get back into all the clothes I was wearing before. I am into a lot of them but there are still a few of them that do not fit yet and they are my "target" clothes.

Love, Cathy xx

When I read this, it reminded me of how I can not fit into most of my slim clothes. I had to buy larger sizes because I got rid of most of my fat clothes. so now my slim clothes are in suit cases just waiting for me to slip into them.

Kathy (plantlady)

:heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I was trying to load some photos of the twins christening, but having trouble. Will keep trying. It was a beautiful day and the babies were adorable ... of course! x
  • annvey
    annvey Posts: 30
    Options
    @Middleofseven: Welcome! I agree with you on the caloric intake. I knew about the starvation mode but didn't realize that I was
    eating too little also! (and also the wrong things) I acutally hardly ever reach my calorie goal for the day and I'm never very hungry anymore! It's amazing isn't it? Thanks for sharing.

Ann
  • annvey
    Options
    @megglett: Be kind to yourself. You can do it! Track , track, track on MFP. That's my motivation. I like to exercise just to see how many more calories I can eat for that day! LOL! Make it a fun challenge. :flowerforyou:

Ann

6238338.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • annvey
    Options
    OK people....I just got out of the 180's today! Yippee! :drinker: My next goal is 4 lbs. Small goals keep me motivated.

Ann 6238338.png
  • plantlady99
    Options
    OK people....I just got out of the 180's today! Yippee! :drinker: My next goal is 4 lbs. Small goals keep me motivated.

Ann 6238338.png

I so want to be out of the 180's HOPE THIS IS THE WEEK
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I hope today was good for everyone. I am feeling much better tonight. It is much cooler—actually nice weather for sleeping tonight.

Ann…Congrats on breaking into a new decade!

Cathy and Jane…Thanks for the job luck. The interview really went well and they are putting me forward but after much thought today, I decided that I am going to withdraw myself from the running. I had a long talk with my husband and to put myself back into the stress is just not something I should do. We have some family stressors and handling that and trying to keep myself healthy is enough. I think I am making the right decision. I am doing two jobs now and I can add more students to gain more income. IT was a tough day but I knew something was so out of what when all I wanted to do was eat in reaction to the stress of the decision. Once I made the decision tonight, I feel so calm. It is really unreal to consider the role that stress plays in our lives. Phew…glad that decision is over.

Have a great night!
    Sally
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

any ideas on how to get a teenage boy off the phone? Since this causes stress and stress causes weight gain or the lack of weight loss, I thought it was a valid weight loss question to post.

lol.......................

Otherwise, having a good day and week so far.

Hope all is going well,

Jeannie
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi Beautyfull ladies!

I hope everyone had a good day with healty meals and pleasant activities.

I did my challenge tonight. It was somehow difficult to get to do it but I did it !

I have new pals challenging with me Jane and Kathy (plantlady) There is place for anyone interested to move. Goal 15 minutes minimum a day everyday. The tread is in my signature.

Kathy - What a good move today. You went to the gym !

Viv and Barbiecat - As you can see I do it. Small steps but I do it !

Magglett - congratulation for your 2000th post!

Annvey - Welcome in the 170th

Good night everyone and get a good sleep, tomorrow is another day!

Take care !

Niki
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    Hi! All of you!:flowerforyou:

Well, I told you that i decided to do something about my lack of motivation to workout. So I did something, I started a challenge.

"The out of shape and lazy challenge"
    You can find it here : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/297393-the-out-of-shape-and-lazy-challenge

Anybody is welcome. The basic is to do a minimum of 15 minutes a day every day. For me it works cause I dont have to fight my lazy side too much to convince me to walk for 15 minutes and when I'm there, why not to do more. The first step is the more difficult so.

For the moment there are not so many people interested but even if I am the only one who write on this post, if it makes me move more it will have worth it.

See you tomorrow !

Take care!:flowerforyou:

Niki

:flowerforyou: Niki,
    something that helped me get going on my exercise program was a pedometer :bigsmile: I started with a goal of just a few thousand steps a day and gradually increased my goal and my activity......there's something about the numbers going up that motivated me to get out of the chair and walk somewhere even if it was only to the bedroom and back.:laugh: I looked at your challenge thread and it looks great and you already have some takers for the challenge:bigsmile: the longest journey starts with a single step and that's exactly what you're doing.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I thought I was going to have a restful afternoon and instead i spent most of it on the phone with the real estate agent and the woman from the insurance company getting insurance for the new house....things are moving along

:flowerforyou: jeannie, the only way to get a teenage boy off the phone is to unplug it and if it's a cell phone, then hide the phone :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: as you can see, parenting is not my strength.:laugh:

:bigsmile: Sally, how great that you were able to make a balanced decision about the job....how great that they considered you and that you knew that the money wasn't important enough to put up with the stress....

:flowerforyou: Ann, some days I go for an extra walk just so I can eat something extra.....you're right, it's a great motivator :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I am still reading "The Thin Commandments" the current chapter is about strategies for foods that you can't control (peanut butter, almond butter, cashews, bread, chips, etc )..........I'll write more about it soon.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Natalie - I'm so sorry you're in such pain! Hurts even to read it, but continue to post.

Thank goodness Vince made me look at my jury summons last night. I don't have to be there until 1:30 today! I'm planning that I'll take an extremepump class, then maybe stop at one store to get some tuna fish on sale and then come home, prepare dinner for tonight so all I have to do is cook it, change, have lunch, and go. Guess I'll miss the free bowling, tho

Welcome lisa. Glad you chose us as your first place to post! Keep on posting, you'll get lots of good advice and hints

Ann - congrats!!!!!!

Sally - glad you made a decision and are happy with it. That means soooo very much.

Well, went to jury duty today. I was told to call this one phone number, and every time I do I get the message "sorry, this is unavailable". What's up with that???? Do I go tomorrow or not? They got a jury for one case for tomorrow but I wasn't picked. That's ok, it didn't really seem like an interesting case, anyway. Do they ever have hard seats in the jury waiting room! Makes the wooden benches in the jury room look like comfort. Those seats remind me of the wooden benches you find in churches....lol But I WAS able to get in an hour of extremepump today, so that's good.

Measured the shower curtain for Halloween, now I just have to cut it down and sew it up.

Well, I'm thinking that I'll do a step DVD at home tomorrow and then maybe go to the courthouse early to see if I should report or not. If not, there's a board meeting for the Newcomers and then mahjongg.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks. It's good to be back. And good to stop the downhill slide!

I kept my eating where I wanted it for the first week of housesitting. Got in lots of swimming too, which was wonderful. I didn't do so well the 2nd week of housesitting. Too many "special" occasions.

After my sister and bro-in-law got back from their vacation, I went home for a couple of days then up to Tahoe for vacation. It was wonderful up there. Temps in the 70's. We walked to the lake almost every day. :happy: It's good for the body and good for the soul.

I'm tempted to head back up in another week or so. The 95+ temps here are not making me happy. :noway:

I got back home from vacation a couple of days ago but have been hiding out. My eating was SO bad. :sad: Back to good eating tomorrow.

It's great to be back. I missed you all.

:heart:

p.s.
    I'm not changing my ticker until it goes down again. And that's going to take a couple of weeks (at least).
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    Welcome back SMVQ!

I too am just back from vacation mode. Though I returned to town last Monday, I kept eating like I was still at camp, bread every meal, wine every night. Yes the ticker lies... ;(
    ... will give it 2 weeks before I bring it UP to snuff.
    Today was the first day of good eating so now I'm off to bed before I wreck it.

Will catch up on posts later as I can.

Hugs to you all!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n504/gramphone/Mainly the twins/

I've put the link to some photos of the twins christening - if you want to have a peek.

How is everyone today? Glad to see SMVQ back - we miss you!

Yesterday I was working up in Bond St again and DH came by when I finished and we decided to have a walk before getting on the tube. We ended up walking the eight miles home! We went the pretty way, through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens (with a detour to the Peter Pan statue, which I adore). I was in a lot of pain by the time we finally got home, but I do think it did us both good. We chatted about everything - especially his father, who is hanging on by a thread right now. It is hitting DH much harder than he expected.

This morning I got the most touching email from FIL's wife (DH's stepmum). She is trying so hard to keep it together and be strong, but needed somebody to pour out her heart to. I am quite flattered that she chose me, but replying to it was extremely hard and I have shed more than a few tears this morning.

I need to get a grip on my eating .... strangely enough I need to eat more. Normally I overeat like crazy in emotional moments, but I have lost my appetite right now.

Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say. A busy day ahead.

Love to you all.

Amanda x
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I've read so many post that my eyes are blurry. From christening pictures, job decisions, to motivation. I believe I'm motivated, I have this as my home page as I had done in the past and that really helps.

I'm going back to the gym again today. Taking it slow and steady.

To all who are struggling as I am we can get through it on MFP

:bigsmile:
    Kathy ( plantlady)

P. S.
    Believe it or not I have been on MFP since 2008 and lost 30+ pounds on here. Then things happen and I just dropped off as so many do but with the great support of Barbie who has kept this post alive I have come back. This is the greatest post (in my opinion) on my fitness pal. SO THANK YOU BARBIE FOR YOU DEDICATION!!!!!

So many of my friends from way back do not post as Barbie will tell you. I just want to keep coming back. I don't care if I messed up and gained weight. To bad some don't try it again or take the time. It's like trying to stop drinking or smoking you just have to keep trying. Over eating is a life long struggle for some (ME INCLUDED) and I have to come back with my tail between my legs and spill my guts. It is my start of a happier life. Just sayin. :heart:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    good morning. just hanging in there.