WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY

Options

Replies

• priscann
    priscann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So this is the place for 50 year old women who need support losing weight and getting in shape. Count me in! Feel free to add me to your friend list. I am ready to do this. all the way to goal.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Still trying to get my body used to going to bed at a decent hour and getting up early. Guess it will take awhile to make the turn around from nights. Meantime, my energy level is noticeably increasing and I don't seem to be craving carbs when I am not constantly sleep deprived. That said, I have been awake since 2 a.m. and have been craving them all day! So I am going to try taking a power nap before church tonight.
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi Ladies:

There are lots of posts since I was last here, far too many to catch up on!! I see there are newcomers again, so welcome.

Viv -- glad your surgery went well and you are feeling alright, I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

To those of you that are still losing weight, good for you!! For those of you, like me, that are in a rut, let's hope that we can soon get out of it and get moving again!!

I will try and catch up later, but I wanted to let you know I was still around and kicking :smile:

It is unbearably hot here these days and tomorrow it is to hit close to 48 celsius with the humidex (which would be about 125 on the farenheit scale) so it will be hot, hot, hot!!!!

I have to babysit 2 of the grandkids this weekend so that will be fun; I love having them, she is 5 and he is almost 4 and they keep you moving that is for sure.

Anyway, I am swamped at work these days and in the evenings I am working on the books for one of my son's business so it seems I have no time for anything but I thought I better take a few moments to touch base and let you know I am still around.

Talk to you soon. Take care Everyone.

Love, Cathy xx
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    PAM and everyone, I did sleep last night, and talked to the doctor this morning, and he told me I could take celebrex until next Tuesday, then I have to stop... he said the celebrex acts differently than other nsaids like advil and alieve and asprin.. so I only have to deal with ONE week of no celebrex which has helped me get thru the day and night.
    I still weighed the same, couple of ounces less, nothing significant, I imagine that I will lose some more during and after surgery because of loss of appetite...
    natalie
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome priscann.
    Glad Viv u r doing good after surgery.
    have a good night.
    jane
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: we are so swamped with packing and getting ready to move that there's no time for the computer........I am logging my food and getting a lot of exercise and staying healthy.

:heart: :heart: :heart: hugs to all of your :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • annvey
    annvey Posts: 30
    Options
    @barbiecat: Good for you for keeping it up even in this busy time!!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone

:sick: Feel a bit sickly this morning. My boob was quite swollen last night so I took an anti inflamatory which has helped a bit, took another one this morning so not sure if it is the pills that have made me feel sick or not.

:flowerforyou: Barbie good luck with the house move, it sounds as if you are organised, I'm so pleased you are on the move at last.

I was looking back at all the posts I'd missed and noticed one from Mary Anne recommending meno herbs with red clover for hot flushes. Thanks for that Mary Anne I'll look out for that when I next go into town, or I may look on line a bit later.

:huh: Can't believe I have put on about 3lbs in the last few days! Must be all the sitting around I'm doing, I did go over calories yesterday, but feeling as I do today I'm sure I'll stay under. I've already logged my food for the day, so I'm telling myself this is it nothing else shall pass my lips. I just hope once the sickness passes that I don't get an attack of the munchies.

Well I think I'll go for a lie down for a few mins.

Have a good day everyone - Bye for now

Viv xx
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Didn't do something right..... tried to comment on someone's post.... didn't work. :-( I'm guessing now that you can't do that.

In the lower right of each post are options: Report Post/Quote/Reply--if you click on Quote it will bring up that post and then you can reply--be sure to stay out of the quote field or your reply will be in the blue box.

Viv (and others facing/going through surgery)--at first after surgery you will see a gain. That is from the IV fluids and from your body healing. It is temporary so don't let it get you down!

Take care, Viv and let yourself heal!

Have a good day, everyone (and WELCOME! to all our newbies!)
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Viv,

My daughter just had surgery Monday. She gained 10 lbs. I agree with Kathy, it is the fluids that they give you. Give it a few days, you will notice a difference.

Good Luck, and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Denise
  • grmpy1
    Options
    :angry: Well,Yesterday I made a huge mistake. On Wednesdays I watch my 2 grandkids. So we went to the local amusement park (Cedar Point) and to the Water Park (Soak City). I wasn't thinking about the amusement park part of it when I was getting ready so I wore flip flops. By the time we got to the Water Park side I could barely walk. I now have blisters on the balls of my feet. I ended up in my slippers for the rest of the day. Now today is my Treadmill day and I can't do it. I am so mad at myself, as much as I hate that treadmill, I need to keep at it or I know I will just start using it as a clothes hanger again.

Any one have any ideas on how to get rid of blisters faster than just letting them heal? I need to be able to walk in shoes again.:sad:
  • kdtann
    kdtann Posts: 89
    Options
    Hello everyone, any ideas on some exercise that does not involve using my right knee? I slipped in some mud on Saturday and sprained my right knee badly. I have to wear a knee brace and stay off of it for a few more days. I tell you, the older I get the clumsier I get.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    I had a horrid nights sleep, big pain, have no idea why.... the night before was good, last night was AWFUL, can't explain to you the pain I was in. I took VICODIN at 10 am, Midnight, and 2 am,, should not have taken so close together, tonight I was told to take TWO vicoden before bed... an hour before to get it working...
    Anyway, weight is same... stopped the iron pills, they were making me NOT go potty... horrid cramps.. no more IRON PILLS>
    Natalie
  • annvey
    annvey Posts: 30
    Options
    May everyones day be filled with joy & blessings. :flowerforyou:
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Do you have a place for a new member ?

more tomorrow.

Niki
  • janemartin02
    Options
    Welcome NIKI!
    good night to you all
    hugs
    jane
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Between being sick and have my computer crash I've missed tons of posts. I'm borrowing this computer so this will have to be a short message. My psych doc changed my meds and added a new one. I had horrible side effects not the least being non-stop eating. In the few days I was on them I gained five pounds. Very frustrating! He took me off those and started me on a different one, much better. The insane craving for food is almost gone and I'm doing much better. One thing I don't understand is that I gained five pounds but lost an 1 1/2 inches. Oh well I'll take it.

I want to wish all new comers welcome.

Hope to catch up on posts but might not be able to until I get my computer back from the shop and get my info in it. We lost all the memory on the hard drive. Tough lesson to learn but I think backup has become my middle name.

God Bless everyone. Have a great day.
  • grmpy1
    Options
    Boy did I need a pep talk from myself this morning. I kept looking at the treadmill and it kept staring back at me. Taunting me to climb on and I kept resisting. Finally I couldn't take it any longer. I hate that machine. It scared me to death everytime I got on it. I would stare at the clock and the distance and swear I couldn't last more than 5 minutes and there was no way I was taking my hands off those handles. Heck isnt that what they are there for?? :noway: I have managed 30 minutes on it, but I never tried to go any longer and usually at 2 mph..
    I finally told myself today that I wasn't going to get anywhere if I didn't get back on there and make myself go further than I had before. So after much trepidation I did it. I turned on my radio, got my kindle and a bottle of water and jumped on. I set it at 2.5 mph and started walking. No staring at the time, no staring at the distance and before I know it I was over a mile and more than half an hour. I felt great. I kept going and at the hour mark and 2.5 miles later I stopped. I figured, that was a good point to see how my body would react to it. I got off and I feel great. This body can do it, I can push past the pain and the sweat (I hate sweat) I will conquer this machine if it is the last thing I do. And hopefully while doing so I will lose some weight to go with it. But for now, just knowing I can last 1 hour is enough for me.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh dear Jeanne, what a shame about your computer.
    I always feel awful when mine goes haywire..thankfully I have an excellent fella who calls and puts it right quite quickly as I don't have a clue what to do... mind it does cost £25 per visit.

Welcome to Vicki. Hope you enjoy the camaraderie on here, it's fab.
  • janemartin02
    Options
    Denise,good job.It`s amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it.
    feel better Jeanne.
    everyone else have a great day!!
    HUGS
    jane